Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ruffian/Lethality Guide

KeyboardNinja
12.13.2014 , 01:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Blood boiler on cooldown should be fine.

Go for something like:

Bludgeon -> Sucker Punch/Backblast -> Sucker Punch -> Filler

Where filler is Blood Boiler on cooldown, then Vital Shot if you have the energy for it, then Shank Shot if its available, and finally if all of the above can't happen you go Flurry of Bolts.

That should pretty much cover the Scrapper rotation.
There are actually several ways that we can improve on this. Blood Boiler drifts with respect to Blaster Whip, as does Shank Shot. Thus, the optimal rotation delays Sucker Punch in order to get its fillers on cooldown. Basically, you land in a priority queue something like this:
  1. Sucker Punch (if 2 TA and BW or Pugnacity or Cloak coming off CD)
  2. Blaster Whip
  3. Backblast
  4. Blood Boiler
  5. Shank Shot (if <90 energy)
  6. Sucker Punch
  7. Vital Shot (if >95 energy or Cool Head coming up and not ticking)
  8. Quick Shot (if >95 energy or Cool Head coming up)
  9. Flurry of Bolts

Structurally, things basically continually drift. The only static point is Backblast in relation to Blaster Whip, assuming that you don't have fight downtime or similar forcing them out of sync. Incidentally, in a boss fight I also find myself using Vital Shot a fair bit to get a ranged bleed on a target, so that I can use Blood Boiler as I'm running up.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Adovir
12.13.2014 , 01:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Nice job -- any chance for a Concealment/Scrapper guide?
New conc is VERY easy now, also dummy parses don't really translate well into real raids because there are things you do while parsing that you just don't do in raids. Something such as using the sever tendon TA utility is one I take for parsing, but rarely take for real raids.
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Saenth
12.13.2014 , 01:37 PM | #23
Wow this thread. I'm going to need to write up Concealment, yeah it's not hard but there's a number of things you can do to get things to line up better.

KBN, you do realize Blood Boiler counts as a bleed for Sucker Punch to regrant a TA and energy?

Nice Lethality guide btw.
The Tazim Legacy
Ametha | RaulÝs | Rislan | Drazek | Zivota
Zorz - The Harbinger (US)

KeyboardNinja
12.13.2014 , 01:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Saenth View Post
Wow this thread. I'm going to need to write up Concealment, yeah it's not hard but there's a number of things you can do to get things to line up better.

KBN, you do realize Blood Boiler counts as a bleed for Sucker Punch to regrant a TA and energy?

Nice Lethality guide btw.
I didn't realize. Actually I thought that the regrant worked regardless of the bleed status, which goes to show exactly how much time I've spent working on scrapper. :-)

Honestly, I was planning on just waiting on your guide before seriously diving into it.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Saenth
12.13.2014 , 01:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I didn't realize. Actually I thought that the regrant worked regardless of the bleed status, which goes to show exactly how much time I've spent working on scrapper. :-)

Honestly, I was planning on just waiting on your guide before seriously diving into it.
I should have some time to put something together soon now that we've cleared HM, although I've been focusing on Operations guides, there's still a fair amount of work to be done.
The Tazim Legacy
Ametha | RaulÝs | Rislan | Drazek | Zivota
Zorz - The Harbinger (US)

TACeMossie
12.13.2014 , 10:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
There are actually several ways that we can improve on this. Blood Boiler drifts with respect to Blaster Whip, as does Shank Shot. Thus, the optimal rotation delays Sucker Punch in order to get its fillers on cooldown. Basically, you land in a priority queue something like this:
  1. Sucker Punch (if 2 TA and BW or Pugnacity or Cloak coming off CD)
  2. Blaster Whip
  3. Backblast
  4. Blood Boiler
  5. Shank Shot (if <90 energy)
  6. Sucker Punch
  7. Vital Shot (if >95 energy or Cool Head coming up and not ticking)
  8. Quick Shot (if >95 energy or Cool Head coming up)
  9. Flurry of Bolts

Structurally, things basically continually drift. The only static point is Backblast in relation to Blaster Whip, assuming that you don't have fight downtime or similar forcing them out of sync. Incidentally, in a boss fight I also find myself using Vital Shot a fair bit to get a ranged bleed on a target, so that I can use Blood Boiler as I'm running up.
Doesn't blood boiler have an 18 second cooldown? Other than that, good point on the Shank Shot floating cooldown thing, I should have thought of that myself.

So in other words, it is now:

Bludgeon -> [FILLER A] -> Backblast/[FILLER B] -> [FILLER C]

where those 3 fillers could be anything (prioritizing 2 UHs Sucker Punch, then Blood Boiler, then Shank Shot when you wont end up capping energy, then resources, then vital shot and finally 1 UH Sucker Punch
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Whojoo
12.14.2014 , 03:29 AM | #27
KBN I was wondering, why aren't you splitting the DoTs by a GCD? I remember this in 2.x to be a thing. Makes sense in my head since in an operation things could get delayed and I thought the reason for the GCD split was so you could limit those delays.
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

TACeMossie
12.16.2014 , 12:34 AM | #28
Its finally clicked!

http://i.imgur.com/hOpgRuz.png

Yes I know its on a 500k hp dummy, but it was just me trying a couple of things out. The important thing is that # of Sanguinary Shots hits. I was @ ~250 with my Operative on a 1 mill dummy.

200 on a 500k dummy!

If that translated perfectly (which i doubt it would), that would be 600 on a 1.5 mill dummy - 100 more than what KBN has in the OP!

Now, to aim for a 1.5 mill dummy and keep the rotation together...

(oh and as for why i'm happy? Because we found that there is a direct correlation between Sanguinary Shots hits and DPS, as in the better parses will have more hits)

For those wondering about gear:

Everything is purple 186s, crafted where it wasn't cheaper to just use basics

no set bonus
A-mods
Crafted power/accuracy earpiece
Crafted power/accuracy implants
Focused Retribution/Serendipitous Assault relics
4x accuracy enhancements
2x surge enhancements
1x alacrity enhancement

1 BLUE acc augment
3 power augments

0 crit rating

no stim

EDIT - Round 2, this time on a 1 mill dummy:
http://i.imgur.com/1NIOtJS.png

Worse crits, but whatever, the rotation held together a lot better that time.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Runarok
12.17.2014 , 10:33 AM | #29
Hey KBN. Got some questions here.

(start with DoTs ticking, 0 Upper Hand, ~80-90 energy)
Sanguinary Shot > Blaster Whip (Surprise Comeback) > Brutal Shots > Brutal Shots > Brutal Shots > Blaster Whip > Point Blank Shot > Brutal Shots >
Sanguinary Shot > Brutal Shots > Blaster Whip > Brutal Shots > Brutal Shots > continue

I might be missing something but there are only 8 gcds between Sanguinary Shots so it will be not ready by this time. Any ideas how the remaining 2 gcds can be filled? What's your opinion on tendon blast upper hand utility? Any real uses?

Sayeru
12.28.2014 , 02:18 AM | #30
I tried to use a rotation, this is not perfect, but not bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG4_DO3Ua18