Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality pvp nonsense, 1v3s galore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Lethality pvp nonsense, 1v3s galore

QuiveringPotato
05.31.2018 , 09:44 AM | #1
https://youtu.be/a1Gu012jI9U

Utilities for optimal cancer: infiltrator, slip away, Chem resistant inlays > fortified kolto > escape plan, evasive imperative > curative agent, revitalizers
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

WayOfTheWarriorx
05.31.2018 , 10:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
https://youtu.be/a1Gu012jI9U

Utilities for optimal cancer: infiltrator, slip away, Chem resistant inlays > fortified kolto > escape plan, evasive imperative > curative agent, revitalizers
Dude, that was totally insane! That was like stage 4 cancer. heh

Those poor bastards.
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

QuiveringPotato
05.31.2018 , 01:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Dude, that was totally insane! That was like stage 4 cancer. heh

Those poor bastards.
The funniest thing to me was the 1v2 againt 2 ruffian scoundrels.. as lethality.. That's like the most dull, slow fight possible but it happened
Arteum | Celden

WayOfTheWarriorx
05.31.2018 , 01:45 PM | #4
The funniest thing to me was the 1v2 againt 2 ruffian scoundrels.. as lethality.. That's like the most dull, slow fight possible but it happened
I knew Operatives were good at that but that was just....it almost made me want to roll an Operative!
heh
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

Hoppinswtor
06.03.2018 , 07:05 AM | #5
yup, highest parsing spec + good selfheals + lots of bads who don't understand how to fight ops
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

QuiveringPotato
06.03.2018 , 12:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoppinswtor View Post
yup, highest parsing spec + good selfheals + lots of bads who don't understand how to fight ops
lethality's parse damage is irrelevant in PVP, usually you're having to heal so much that it takes an even bigger toll on your dps than conc's does, that and the dotspread still doesn't want to work all the time

I literally ignore 99% of leth ops I see lmao
Arteum | Celden

AlainaFlute
06.03.2018 , 01:05 PM | #7
That was great!! Though I couldn't believe you held them off for so long and your team STILL hadn't capped any nodes. Ugh! And love your guild name!

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.03.2018 , 01:10 PM | #8
lethality's parse damage is irrelevant in PVP, usually you're having to heal so much that it takes an even bigger toll on your dps than conc's does, that and the dotspread still doesn't want to work all the time

I literally ignore 99% of leth ops I see lmao
I think that would be the soundest manner of mitigating some of the crazy amounts of healing we some DPS specs do. This is one of the reasons I don't mind the healing potential of DPS Operatives that much, this is in and of itself something of a 'checks and balance'.

I think all DPS specs with healing should have the same design. It's your GCD to do with as you please, you wanna heal or do you want to do damage with it?

DPS shouldn't be doing healing and damage at the exact same time. [although I think perhaps DPS Sorcs should be an exception]. I can't remember the last time I saw someone putting on a band-aid at the same time they were punching someone.

This would than also be one of the benefits of playing a support class, and perhaps serve as a greater incentive to play one [either one], that they could do healing and something else at the same time [even a tank]. Obviously this could only apply to the application GCD of HOTs.

I don't expect this idea would have many fans however.
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.03.2018 , 01:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlainaFlute View Post
That was great!! Though I couldn't believe you held them off for so long and your team STILL hadn't capped any nodes. Ugh! And love your guild name!
I couldn't believe it either, that was just totally insane. That was some impressive work right there!
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

Rogha
06.15.2018 , 06:45 PM | #10
If I didn't know QP, I'd say there had to be a hack going on here. I love my lethality op and really think it is the most underrated spec in the game. 1v1 I always believe that I can hold my own against any class. When you play it smart with the hit and run, you can do really well. But when I see you go 1v2 and your health bar is barely moving, I have to wonder how you are mitigating all that damage? Shield Probe and Evasion are good, but not THAT good and the class is squishy once those are on CDs. What's your secret?