Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Knives our best damage?

Fergz
02.19.2018 , 02:35 PM | #1
Playing an Op and I'm not really sure why our best damage is done with our off hand weapon instead of our rifle

KumbayaGOD
02.23.2018 , 12:41 AM | #2
lethality ops using weapon as biggest damage dealing
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

Threjyan
03.05.2018 , 05:26 AM | #3
becasue knives > everything else
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

armathid
03.24.2018 , 01:04 PM | #4
I want to know why my Scoundrel's fists outdamage his shotgun.

iFenris
03.24.2018 , 01:23 PM | #5
Because Operative is a melee based class.

TalonVII
03.25.2018 , 04:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by iFenris View Post
Because Operative is a melee based class.
Then why have us use a rifle? Why not have our main hand weapon be the shiv with a pistol as the off hand?

Same reason why if VG/PT is supposed to be in melee range, why not give them tech blades?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

MotherCrusher
03.26.2018 , 02:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Then why have us use a rifle? Why not have our main hand weapon be the shiv with a pistol as the off hand?

Same reason why if VG/PT is supposed to be in melee range, why not give them tech blades?
because of how the game is built. simple. VG/PT goes over the "default" melee range (they get 10m) so techblades would not work, and an off hand pistol with main hand shiv just would not work since they are not actually modelled to be your main weapons
http://www.swtor.com/r/yh6KMd <- click for 7 days of free sub and other goodies!

TalonVII
03.27.2018 , 07:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MotherCrusher View Post
because of how the game is built. simple. VG/PT goes over the "default" melee range (they get 10m) so techblades would not work, and an off hand pistol with main hand shiv just would not work since they are not actually modelled to be your main weapons
And how it looks now is stupid. Plus with VG/PT their hardest hitting abilities are in melee range. Shock strike, ion pulse.

It would be a bit of a pain to change the animations to allow the changes, but everything is there already to solve it. And for the OP, they should be using pistols. At least then, it would look better, least from my POV. No point having a rifle and most of my attacks come from a freaking shiv. Atleast make the main hand a pistol so when I do the shiv attacks it doesn't look so insane.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy