Its because of the fans that we wont get new star wars movies..xD

THANK YOU. STUPID "PSEUDO FANS" WHO CANT APPRECIATE GEORGE LUCAS AND HIS WORK! INSTEAD OF PRAISING HIM LIKE A GOD YOU HAVE TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYBODY.

------------------------------------------------------

In an interview with the New York Times, Lucas explains why he is retiring from Star Wars.

“I’m retiring,” Lucas said. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”

Lucas says he will not be making any more Star Wars films, partly because of the complaints from the viewers. This was his creation- his brainchild- and yet, they didn’t like much of what he did with the special edition releases of his films. They didn’t like the prequels, didn’t like how he changed the original movies and they didn’t like the merchandizing. They blamed Lucas.

Since 1997, Lucas has seen and heard the backlash of the unsatisfied fans and he doesn’t appreciate it.

When asked about the possibility of any new Star Wars films, Lucas responded bluntly, “Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are.”

Good points, Lucas. Personally, I say make what you want and who cares what they say to you? I love the Star Wars films and you certainly can’t please everyone all of the time. But then again, the man is 67 years old and he’s earned the right to do what he wants. It’s a sad, sad thing for those of us fans who wanted to see more movies, of course.

“I think there are a lot more important things in the world” than feuds with fanboys, Lucas says with a kind of weary diffidence.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/01/george-lucas-to-retire-from-star-wars-blames-disgruntled-fans.html

Edited by krystianswtor

Yeah, well then give us back our money then ya old coot! GL made his own bed now he has to lie in it. Let someone competent make the movies from now on, and you can be happy just collecting the checks.

I love the term "psuedo fan" there OP. What because I don't genuflect when GL does #2 in a box and brands it Star Wars, I'm not a real fan. Bollocks! I like the Star Wars universe, but Star Wars itself was hardly groundbreaking in anything other than special effects. It borders on rip-off if you scrutinize it enough. It is the fans, like me, that have kept Star Wars alive for all this time by buying the merchandise. And let's face it, he made Greedo shoot first, what did he think was going to happen?

THANK YOU. STUPID "PSEUDO FANS" WHO CANT APPRECIATE GEORGE LUCAS AND HIS WORK! INSTEAD OF PRAISING HIM LIKE A GOD YOU HAVE TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYBODY.

------------------------------------------------------

In an interview with the New York Times, Lucas explains why he is retiring from Star Wars.

“I’m retiring,” Lucas said. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”

Lucas says he will not be making any more Star Wars films, partly because of the complaints from the viewers. This was his creation- his brainchild- and yet, they didn’t like much of what he did with the special edition releases of his films. They didn’t like the prequels, didn’t like how he changed the original movies and they didn’t like the merchandizing. They blamed Lucas.

Since 1997, Lucas has seen and heard the backlash of the unsatisfied fans and he doesn’t appreciate it.

When asked about the possibility of any new Star Wars films, Lucas responded bluntly, “Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are.”

Good points, Lucas. Personally, I say make what you want and who cares what they say to you? I love the Star Wars films and you certainly can’t please everyone all of the time. But then again, the man is 67 years old and he’s earned the right to do what he wants. It’s a sad, sad thing for those of us fans who wanted to see more movies, of course.

“I think there are a lot more important things in the world” than feuds with fanboys, Lucas says with a kind of weary diffidence.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/01/george-lucas-to-retire-from-star-wars-blames-disgruntled-fans.html

George Lucas isn't a god, dude.

Personally, I don't care if there's no more Star Wars movies. The Prequels and so much related to it, or most things Star Wars in general, has been utter GARBAGE. Then there's the stupid revisions George Lucas has done to the Original Trilogy that altered the theme and feel of the characters (Han shooting last, ROTJ Vader going "NOOOOOOO" and other assorted garbage).

I would have liked to seen restored Original Trilogy without theme changing alterations. I would have also liked to have seen restored theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy. I would have paid Lucasfilm good money for blu-ray versions of the Original Trilogy following either of these lines.

But Lucas refuses to to allow even theatrical releases of the Original Trilogy. This is in a modern day and age where companies offer in the same purchase Theatrical, Extended / Director's Cuts of a movie, all in the same package, trying to keep consumers and fans happy.

Let's look at the blu-ray release of Blade Runner for example. There's been some versions with controversial changes in the eyes of fans. But what does the company do? It releases a glorious blu-ray of Blade Runner with 5 discs and FIVE VERSIONS of the movie:

- "Final" cut

- Theatrical Cut

- International version

- Director's Cut

- Workprint

That was outstanding! It also had tons of extras about the movie. All in the same purchase! With that release, every segment of the fanbase was made happy. If only Lucas adopted such an approach with Star Wars. But with what he's done, told fans to screw off. One version, a greatly altered version with alot of controversy within the large fanbase. Either take that version or f**k off. That's George Lucas' take on Star Wars.

With how Star Wars is being run, I don't give two sh**s if there's no more Star Wars productions at all. I haven't bothered at all with the blu-ray releases for ANY Star Wars films. Prequels because I think they're garbage. Original Trilogy because the changes are garbage.

Unless I see restored versions of the O/T or plain 'ol theatrical versions, then Lucas can piss off.

Edited by LemmingLeader

Quite late to start a thread like this, to be honest. 'Twas announced the 17th of January.

Those of us who actually cared about it have known about it for months (and I am fairly sure that there already exists several threads about it over here on the swtor forums).

i personally didn't think episode 1.2 and 3, where that bad. i do think they are something the kids liked more than me tho. but then again the kids didn't really like episode 4,5, and 6.

as for the release special edition on blue ray. surely lucas can understand. we all bought the special edition extended features box set on DVD. which was sposed to be the ultimate, if you are a starwars fan you needed this DVD box set. only to find out, hang on this isn't the ultimate, the new blue ray is the ultimate. so we all got blue rays (spent another small fortune) only to realize this isn't the ultimate either. one day in the future the 3D version will be the ultimate. or will it? that is what pissed us off about the release of the ultmate box set

but anyway ppl complain, that's what ppl do. i dont' understand why lucas cares so much about the fans not liking his new creations. its not like the money hasn't still been rolling in, ppl can't have hated it that much they pay for it. "i'm not making anymore films, because of the fans" is about the worst thing he could have said, you do not bite the hand that feeds you. even if that is how he felt, he could have handled it alot better. all he needed to say is "i'm an old man and i don't have another starwars film in me, i'm sorry" an then maybe he woudln't have had neurtal fans that quite liked episode 1,2 and 3 feeling so betrayed

so no. starwars fans didn't kill starwars,, GL did

Edited by grandmthethird

I'm honestly amazed that Bioware doesn't quit the franchise as well, after reading most of the forums~

Major differences between BioWare and George Lucas. BioWare actually cares about what fans have to say and works to make the game better. George has stated several times that he doesn't care at all for the fans, in both actions and words, and has actively trolled Star Wars fans with his rewrites and revisions of the OT.

Examples of George's trolling:

1. Fans didn't like the prequels: George's response: Spits in fans' faces with his statement that Boba Fett is dead.

And THAT was just his opening gambit...

2. Since the Fans mostly preferred the OT over the Prequels: All the revisions of the OT, mostly in episodes 4 and 6, where he adds scenes for fluff, changes a once defining moment in Han's life into something completely meaningless, changes the ending into something unrecognizable and gag-inducing, etc.

So OP, I suggest you place the blame where the blame fits best. Squarely on the shoulders of George Lucas. He made 3 bad movies for prequels, and he expected the fans to fall at his feet and worship him as The God of All Sci-Fi. Yeah, no. He emo/nerdRAGEquit because he wasn't proclaimed Geek King of the Universe.

Major differences between BioWare and George Lucas. BioWare actually cares about what fans have to say and works to make the game better. George has stated several times that he doesn't care at all for the fans, in both actions and words, and has actively trolled Star Wars fans with his rewrites and revisions of the OT.

Examples of George's trolling:

1. Fans didn't like the prequels: George's response: Spits in fans' faces with his statement that Boba Fett is dead.

And THAT was just his opening gambit...

2. Since the Fans mostly preferred the OT over the Prequels: All the revisions of the OT, mostly in episodes 4 and 6, where he adds scenes for fluff, changes a once defining moment in Han's life into something completely meaningless, changes the ending into something unrecognizable and gag-inducing, etc.

So OP, I suggest you place the blame where the blame fits best. Squarely on the shoulders of George Lucas. He made 3 bad movies for prequels, and he expected the fans to fall at his feet and worship him as The God of All Sci-Fi. Yeah, no. He emo/nerdRAGEquit because he wasn't proclaimed Geek King of the Universe.

^ This.

I really hope his daughter will pick up the reigns and will get the TV series that is shelved going and/or Ep. 7-9.

GL stated that the story arc was about Anakin/Vader - so there's nothing there for the story since Vader is redeemed and all is good in the Star Wars universe.

I would love to see a Star Wars / New Jedi Order - movies or TV.

With the popularity of SciFi TV and the lack of anything of any quality currently on, Star Wars could really capitalize and fulfill a needed series on TV. Game of Thrones is a key example of how a well written / directed series with tons of characters can be done on TV budgets. Which is what GL is stating as to why the Star Wars series is shelved, due to the budgeting of the series wouldn't be cost effective.

For his years, GL sure is childish and petty.

It's a shame that the people who complain are the one's that are heard the most. In light of that, GL probably needs thicker skin. Or to go to a SW convention with thousands of fans who love his work. There will always be critics.

That being noted, it would be nice to get the original versions on Blu-Ray. Those were cinematic masterpieces and those are the films that people stood in line at the theaters to watch over and over again. We lose a bit of history when we lose those films. If he wants the re-releases available, then call it a "Director's Cut," which is what it really is and pack it on the same disc. I'm good with that. I would think most people would be good with that.

I like all the SW movies. Or, at least parts of them. PT is not as good as OT, IMHO. They are just different types of movies. Nothing wrong with that. I watch all of them. I just much prefer the pacing, dialogue, and realism of the OT.

“If you are pissing people off, you know you are doing something right”― John Lydon

Mr. Lucas needs to suck it up and quit acting like a child. Who desperately needs attention. Or something akin to it. It's starting to seem like Vader's youth was personal therapy. For public consumption. Making money off us should have been enough. He needs to come to two conclusions.

One you can't please every one all the time. Second that maybe he should be critical of himself ,and take some of what the fans are saying into consideration. Instead of finding new ways to re-release the movies over, and over again. Hire talented people to work on a new series before his Vision took place. He continues to make money, Doesn't have to do it himself, and possibly pleases some fans.

Lucas' mindset with the Original Trilogy:

"I have altered the movies. Pray I don't alter them any further.":wea_03:

It's a shame that the people who complain are the one's that are heard the most. In light of that, GL probably needs thicker skin. Or to go to a SW convention with thousands of fans who love his work. There will always be critics.

That being noted, it would be nice to get the original versions on Blu-Ray. Those were cinematic masterpieces and those are the films that people stood in line at the theaters to watch over and over again. We lose a bit of history when we lose those films. If he wants the re-releases available, then call it a "Director's Cut," which is what it really is and pack it on the same disc. I'm good with that. I would think most people would be good with that.

I like all the SW movies. Or, at least parts of them. PT is not as good as OT, IMHO. They are just different types of movies. Nothing wrong with that. I watch all of them. I just much prefer the pacing, dialogue, and realism of the OT.

Do you know how much happiness in Star Wars fandom will be if he did release a definitive Original Trilogy set with even the theatrical cut on blu-ray?

Edited by LemmingLeader