Whats with the low amount of points u get from Ossus rep items?

NikitaStormchild

The title already says all there is to it. But realy a blue rep item and then only 270 points? how is that a medium amount, like the discription says.

They aren't trying to make it easy. They want you to have to spend as much time as possible on their grind, I mean new content.

This is actually one of the things i hate most from 5.10 grind fest.

Iokath was a dead easy rep, only one toon do the weekly and already cap because drops from mob are just too much.

Here i did the weekly with 2 toons (purple rep works fine). No WB, i don't usually do WBs and they are bugged so i do not even try. Then the daily a couple more days during week on both toons (most times i usually run most daylies missions and not only 5 just because i'm already there). Still haven't cap rep a single week. Each week i'm probably doing less dailyes because the second week all were already old and most are boring.

I haven't checked, but is it less than you get from other Rep? I hit Legend as expected, so I don't think it's lower than others...

From my recollection, this was brought up when it was on the PTS and they did state it was lower but they said the reason was that they increased the amount you could get in one week which could be just BS (again) and yea I said it.

Edited by casirabit

From my recollection, this was brought up when it was on the PTS and they did state it was lower but they said the reason was that they increased the amount you could get in one week which could be just BS (again) and yea I said it.

Higher or lower - players still hit Legend as early as last week. It seems on par with other rep.

I think Tux's point was (and mine too but he saved me the trouble) is that it takes 2-3 trips through the dailies to max out rep each week.

Whether you do it with alts, or the same toon, it doesn't matter.

I max'd out Rep on my two accounts yesterday when I claimed all the rep tokens I couldn't use over the past couple weeks.

It's been awhile since I did cz198 / section x....but I remember it taking a LOT longer than just 5 weeks.

It's been awhile since I did cz198 / section x....but I remember it taking a LOT longer than just 5 weeks.

That's my recollection as well...Yavin was about 4 weeks as well. I HATE Iokath so much that I'm still not capped, so that one takes far longer ;)

That's my recollection as well...Yavin was about 4 weeks as well. I HATE Iokath so much that I'm still not capped, so that one takes far longer ;)

Iokath was ... problematic ... because both rep tracks are INDEPENDENT. So, if your guild had a better rep bonus on one side rather than the other it would take a lot longer on that side. So to compensate for that the rep tokens dropped like water and you could get them in command crates. I didn’t care for the fact that you could not complete the weekly on the same day, which meant you either had to “queue up” 5-6 dailies earlier in the week so that you could complete the weekly on bonus day, or hold it over until the next week. But, the trophies awarded the same amount of points as prior reputation tracks.

For Ossus, the tracks are combined once again so progress on one faction crosses over to the other. Also I think that they increased the cap from 15k per week to something more. They halved the point yields, but added some ways to get more blues and added world bosses which Iokath didn’t (although the Colossus droid is sort of a world boss and there can be a daily to get it.). But also with 5.10 they changed the way guilds get the rep bonus. So I think if guilds have been churning away hard at conquest for the past month TUX then they may have a better bonus and getting to legend quickly. I need to do >2 toons through the weeklies including the one for the bosses to get to cap. I’ll probably need at least another week of grinding to reach Legend. But 5-6 weeks to get to legend isn’t that bad I guess.

What happens when this method of gearing is replaced? Will Ossus die? Everyone will forget how much fun they had dying to incinerate, hypergolic fuel canisters, spit, and 5 FPS slide shows. They’ll have to add them to the “Priority Targets” weekly mission or add conquest objectives for them or there will be no reason to do them.

Edited by phalczen

I think Tux's point was (and mine too but he saved me the trouble) is that it takes 2-3 trips through the dailies to max out rep each week.

Whether you do it with alts, or the same toon, it doesn't matter.

The weekly cap might be the same as the others, but the amount of daylies needed are much more. So that statement that it takes 2 or 3 trips can only be done with 3 toons. It matter because you don't get to repeat the weekly on the same toon that is the only one that gives proper points.

Not counting WB (its bugged) this is what you get:

Weekly: 1 purple

5 x Daily: 1 blue

Herocis: 3 blue

Dailys: 12? (or similar) greens

Random Drops: About 6 more greens? (usually is less)

Rounding each value e little, you may get:

1x1550 + 4x270 + 18x120 = 4790

Two toons doing weekly: 9580

Cap is probably like 13k or 15k so you need al least 3 toons doing the full weekly to cap reputation; If you don't have 3 toons that can do the weekly to get the purple then the grind for rep is a pita.

Still, at this point and as will not have too many crystals to require the rep this soon, grinding rep beyond the weekly is rushing things.

The weekly cap might be the same as the others, but the amount of daylies needed are much more. So that statement that it takes 2 or 3 trips can only be done with 3 toons. It matter because you don't get to repeat the weekly on the same toon that is the only one that gives proper points.

Not counting WB (its bugged) this is what you get:

Weekly: 1 purple

5 x Daily: 1 blue

Herocis: 3 blue

Dailys: 12? (or similar) greens

Random Drops: About 6 more greens? (usually is less)

Rounding each value e little, you may get:

1x1550 + 4x270 + 18x120 = 4790

Two toons doing weekly: 9580

Cap is probably like 13k or 15k so you need al least 3 toons doing the full weekly to cap reputation; If you don't have 3 toons that can do the weekly to get the purple then the grind for rep is a pita.

Still, at this point and as will not have too many crystals to require the rep this soon, grinding rep beyond the weekly is rushing things.

If you do it just once per week, yes...expect it to take longer. I did Yavin 2-3 times per week on 2 toons, just like I did with Ossus, and I capped at Ossus sooner I believe. I think Yavin or Oricon are the best comparisons to Ossus, in terms of number of quests and rep from them, and those planets both seemed to take longer than Ossus did for me.

I only have 2 toons who have finished Ossus, I only play 2-3 days a week, and I capped in only a few weeks, that's with taking 8 full days off as well. I really don't think Ossus is too hard to cap on...not at all...it's very reasonable actually.