PUGs are ruining the game.

UGLYMRJ

I greet you every time I see you on my plethora of characters.

See I get random tells and I am always blazed and get confused...you gotta like send me a message with all your alts so I can work on my friends list with updating whos who.

And if I roll anywhere I will be rolling an assassin, I have to much time invested in this guy to the point where I cant see myself playing another character as serious as this one.

Edited by cycao

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a business stand point, most people playing the game PvP play WZs sole. If the option is removed tomorrow, minimum 50% of subscribers (including me) will unsubscribe. Biwoare/EA already made the option available for you in ranked WZs, why are you complaining about non-ranked? And why are you Determining how the game should be played? That's personnel preference. I paid money for the game, and I have the right to enjoy it however I want. I too prefer to play with a team, but that does not mean its the ONLY way the game should be played

And if I roll anywhere I will be rolling an assassin, I have to much time invested in this guy to the point where I cant see myself playing another character as serious as this one.

I'm up for any tank/DPS class... anything but healing. Preferably DPS. I kinda plan on using my same legacy name. (Deepy'ess) :D

Well... and no mercs either. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

From a business stand point, most people playing the game PvP play WZs sole. If the option is removed tomorrow, minimum 50% of subscribers (including me) will unsubscribe. Biwoare/EA already made the option available for you in ranked WZs, why are you complaining about non-ranked? And why are you Determining how the game should be played? That's personnel preference. I paid money for the game, and I have the right to enjoy it however I want. I too prefer to play with a team, but that does not mean its the ONLY way the game should be played

Oh... i forgot this thread had a topic... one that was intended as a tongue in cheek joke to those who are demanding that groups not be allowed in regs or demand a solo queue.

You see... I know that the idea in the original post is horrible and game breaking. Just as horrible as the ideas I'm poking fun at that I mentioned above.

I would be down for a troll group. Even tho I can get competitive... I like to keep it fun. In regs a decent team of any 4 players can usually dominate anyways, which is good. Cuz winning is fun too. :D

We've rolled groups of 4 PT's, sorcs and jug's... there's really nothing funnier than people visually scared to go on the top level in mid on civil war because they're worried about being thrown over the edge again. :D

I LOL'd every time they would start to go up the ramp and immediately change their mind when they saw one of us.

4 Snipers has been the most epic for us, lol.

All Marksman produced the funniest results.

See I get random tells and I am always blazed and get confused...you gotta like send me a message with all your alts so I can work on my friends list with updating whos who.

Don't be mister one class wonder! Diversify your bonds!

I will usually say "Well if it isn't Cycao"

..Or something to that effect. Just a greeting ^_~

4 Snipers has been the most epic for us, lol.

All Marksman produced the funniest results.

We actually did that with a few sorcs.... with awesome results. Snipers was our next idea but we were waiting for the Cathar to be released so we could name them Garfield, Heathcliff, Nermal, Felix, Sylvester, etc. :D

Sorry, dude. You may not like Pick-up Groups, but I've found some good folks there I otherwise wouldn't have talked to. My Guild also doesn't have a lot of L50's, and most of the players are intimidated by PvP. Worse is that I play in the dead of night (1-5AM), so a pick-up is the only way I'll see any play at all.

After a while, though, you start noticing the regulars like you would at a real-world pub. The point is to use the time before the zone launches to form a basic attack plan ("3 on right, 3 on left, 2 hassle mid" or "Everyone charge left except the stealthers; they hide and wait on right until the signal") and cross your fingers as no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

Funny how this topic turned into one about rerolling on another server... because that is what I might do myself. Im just frustrated with the way rateds are over here. Actually posted a thread on the Pot5 forum about this last night.

I hate the idea of not having my legacy unlocks or my credits or crew skills. Ive got a massive crafting operation that makes me tons of credits and i can make absolutely anything i need while levelling so i will miss that.

I really dont know what class I would do for that though. Im honestly sick of my Assassin having played him so much. My favorite class is Vanguard/Powertech but I recenly rerolled my Vanguard as a Powertech and Im not sure I want to level yet another PT having played it so much lately. Jugg maybe? Or Shadow on Pub side, havent done that story so at least thats enticing.

Anyway if any of you people do reroll on Pot5, do let me know.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Everywhere I go I see PUGs... tons of them and they're ruining the game for everyone.

People buy this game because it's an MMO... a massively multiplayer online game. Yet these PUGs are determined to ruin the design of the game by doing everything they can to avoid guilds, groups and basically everything that is the foundation of the MMO.

When they're on my team... winning is slightly more difficult. When they're on the other team... winning is too easy. There's no way around the PUG epidemic!! How does Bioware not recognize this problem? Remove PUGs immediately. They're ruining the game for all of us!

Not only to they ignore the fundamental design of the game but then they flood the chats and forums with non-stop complaining about how the game should be focused around them. Not only does this distract developers from finding what little useful information is on the forums but it also deters new players from taking this game seriously when the forums are flooded with posts about how this MMO should cater to a single player like game play.

Within a game based around community, guilds and groups alike... we have PUGs who are determined to ruin everything an MMO stands for. Please... remove the solo queue, and force these PUGs to play the game as intended. Within a community.

Thank you,

Signed: Guilded and grouped UGLYMRJ.

Actually the forum jockeys already ruined the game. Pugs have always been around. That's to be expected.

I would be down for a troll group. Even tho I can get competitive... I like to keep it fun. In regs a decent team of any 4 players can usually dominate anyways, which is good. Cuz winning is fun too. :D

We've rolled groups of 4 PT's, sorcs and jug's... there's really nothing funnier than people visually scared to go on the top level in mid on civil war because they're worried about being thrown over the edge again. :D

I LOL'd every time they would start to go up the ramp and immediately change their mind when they saw one of us.

Last night me and some other guys made a 4 dps commando team to troll imps in WZs. I think we did like 5 games and won them all LOLS.

We even used the military rank titles to troll harder. Of course I was Captain Caedence. Alliteration ftw.

The other pugs on our team were like "*** 4 commandos and none are healers. ****."

Edited by Smashbrother

Sup guis, just your friendly neighbourhood douche-sorc checking in. Y'know, that guy who extricates you while he's standing in a fire pit or falling to his death in void star. Who stands in the corner consumption healing himself then brags about 300k healled.

Don't worry guys, I got the west node! Ya ya, I'll call out incs, no prob! Time to watch gangnam style parody vids... huh, west just got capped? Sorry guys, I was mezzed. ;)

Did someone just say sorcs are the best ball carriers? I believe so. Look at this, made it all the way to the endzone without being touched... oops, that's our endzone? My bad, I got turned around- oh, incoming leap smash train choo choo! I couldn't toss it guys, I was chain stunned! Curse that resolve bar being useless!

Enjoy your day, and I'll be coming to a WZ near you, soon.... and not BW's version of soon.

Sup guis, just your friendly neighbourhood douche-sorc checking in. Y'know, that guy who extricates you while he's standing in a fire pit or falling to his death in void star. Who stands in the corner consumption healing himself then brags about 300k healled.

Don't worry guys, I got the west node! Ya ya, I'll call out incs, no prob! Time to watch gangnam style parody vids... huh, west just got capped? Sorry guys, I was mezzed. ;)

Did someone just say sorcs are the best ball carriers? I believe so. Look at this, made it all the way to the endzone without being touched... oops, that's our endzone? My bad, I got turned around- oh, incoming leap smash train choo choo! I couldn't toss it guys, I was chain stunned! Curse that resolve bar being useless!

Enjoy your day, and I'll be coming to a WZ near you, soon.... and not BW's version of soon.

Probably the funniest post I've read in these forums.