the prices to swap mods are still high

Eommer

imho, I think the prices are still high. Special if you are that player that like to do some tests.

Yesterday with the augments kits I spend over 500k just to swap mods.

I was thinking in swap my Overkill Augments to Str/End to do some tests now on my dmg but that will cost too much for all my 8 pieces. So, Im not doing.

swap mods and play with your gear should not cost more 3k for piece at all.

please, sign up if you agree.

Edited by Eommer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood why it costs credits to pull a mod out of a piece of gear. Is it just another credit sink?

I am completely serious, can someone please explain what the intended benefit to the game is by charging players to remove mods from their gear?

100% agree too. For me should be free for players "play around" with gear.

I said 3k just to not inflame some troll...

With all of the legacy perks already being a credit sink, I'm not sure why Bioware still makes us pay for this either. I love changing my appearance, but I don't do it often due to the cost. They really do need to lower the cost more or make it free.

I like credit sinks but this one just happers fundamental game play.

Please get rid of the cost

Seriously. I spent nearly a million credits last night just augmenting and moving mods. You can't make that much money that fast without spending hours doing dailies in this game anyways.

Also, thank you slicers for making the price of mats needed to craft augs 4x what they were 2 months ago. It makes the price of augs even more prohibitvely higher if any profit is to be made.

Hey BioWare, way to make every crafter of augs (3 different professions already requiring 2 specific gather skills) dependent on materials that only come from one source (slicing).

Edited by Parali
"retarded"

I was really looking forward to social gear this patch, but alas.. I do not want to do dailies for 2 weeks to swap all my mods out. Too bad, so sad..I really think they should lower the cost to like 5k, or get rid of it all together, It doesn't make any sense.

I have never understood why it costs credits to pull a mod out of a piece of gear. Is it just another credit sink?

I am completely serious, can someone please explain what the intended benefit to the game is by charging players to remove mods from their gear?

it is just another credit sink. it's one targeted toward the end game players that want to optimize their gear(im assuming bioware has metrics where they believe this audience has a higher credit gain than they're comfortable with)

This is one of about 10 000 reasons as to why i unsubbed today... But its prett high up there. If they made this free, id consider returning.

such a funny reason to quit a game, to quit an MMO none the less where you can make credits through so many different outlets

Edited by FourTwent

I wouldn't unsub but in order to get some of these credits to pull these mods, its ridiculous, running dailies or hoping my stuff sells on the GTN, which has recently got flooded. Having to run dailies just to pull mods out stinks.

it is just another credit sink. it's one targeted toward the end game players that want to optimize their gear(im assuming bioware has metrics where they believe this audience has a higher credit gain than they're comfortable with)

such a funny reason to quit a game, to quit an MMO none the less where you can make credits through so many different outlets

No.....it should not be targeted toward end game players that want to optimize their gear when the costs actually penalize players who desire to customize their appearance. It FAVORS min/maxers who will be happy to wear anything as long as it's BiS and once they get their gear that way, will keep it that way.....it does a huge disservice to people who simply want to switch their appearance occasionally, because the appearance is stupidly tied at this time to your actual gear. If we had an appearance tab, I'd have no fricking argument with the cost of mod removal....as it is, the cost is ridiculous in a game where your appearance is supposed to be a major feature.

I won't quit the game over mod removal costs, but I will continue to state my opinion that they are unfair to the portion of the population that likes to actually wear different outfits. BW needs to either remove or reduce the costs or give us some alternative option to wear outfits like a Legacy wardrobe that would give us appearance options with the stats of one outfit.

You're insane if you think everyone has creds to just rip out mods at anytime. I got Black Hole mods, and I like to stay effective for Raids. However, BW keeps taunting me about adaptive gear and being able to actually use some social gear. I'd like to use that but with all I have including augments that some high credit cost.

I agree, way too high a price still. It should be free as a matter of fact though I can accept maybe 8k or so.

Nothing ruins the fun of customizing the look of your character, getting a new upgrade and the relief of being able to avoid the horrible looking end game gear set than realizing youre about to drop over 10% of all your cash swapping mods (most players stay at about a million credits).

Its complete b/s.

What the system needs to do is this:

You can swap out mods at any time, like you currently can, for the current price.

If you swap out at a mod station, it costs 75% less than current prices. When at a mod station, you can also mod multiple items at once, and see how the overall stats are adjusted. If you like it, you then commit the changes, and are charged the fee. If you do not like the changes, or need to tweak it a bit more, you keep making adjustments until you like it.

Nothing is changed or charged until you commit the change.

Seriously. I spent nearly a million credits last night just augmenting and moving mods. You can't make that much money that fast without spending hours doing dailies in this game anyways.

Also, thank you slicers for making the price of mats needed to craft augs 4x what they were 2 months ago. It makes the price of augs even more prohibitvely higher if any profit is to be made.

Hey BioWare, way to make every crafter of augs (3 different professions already requiring 2 specific gather skills) dependent on materials that only come from one source (slicing).

The price of moving mods needs to be in the 5k credit range at tops. Anything higher makes it cost prohibitive to experiment with gear (which is a fun activity that player like me enjoy doing, and this game needs more things for people to spend their time doing in game).

For the slicer thing, the problem is that in order to make an augment, 4 Advanced Neural Augmentors are needed. With a 1 in 20 chance of getting ANA's from slicing component missions at ~1.8k a mission and the most ANA's that slicers can get from a slicing augment mission is 3 (though it's commonly 2), that means in order to make a single augment not counting any other components is ~72k and upwards of 30 hours worth of missions (40 individual missions total), spread out among however many slicers a particular player actually has divided by 3 for the 3 slicing missions in rank 6 of each mission skill. In the least, we're talking roughly 10 hours per slicer per augment going onto the market. Then add onto it that the number of augments people want right now far exceeds the demand. I still have not gotten enough components to make the augments I need on my main since 1.3 released (and I only need 12, not 14), and I have 3 maxed out slicers constantly running missions while I'm leveling up a 4th slicer.

Also think about this while you are at it:

Why does it cost credits to take out mods that YOU created from gear YOU created to put into new gear YOU created? :confused:

Oh BW .... :rolleyes:

The part that really annoys me is that it's a magic fairy credit sink. Paying a higher repair bill for better gear, it actually makes sense. Better gear would be more expensive to repair, and at least the money is going to a person for doing the job (even if it's the bartender at the Cantina). But paying credits to remove something, where are those credits going and why? Someone try to make an in-game story behind it. Anything, no matter how much of a stretch. I bet no one can.

In some cases, I make the gear, I make the mod, I put the mod in, but then credits mysteriously disappear when I take the mod out. It would be like paying a bunch of credits to no one everytime a new level was reached.

Edited by RAVM