Ossus : illusion of chosing :(

Thaladan

i am disappointed :(

my story in 3 chapters :

1/ classic

I played an empire character (a sith), fully loyal in all stories, chosing darth acina in Iokath, re-chosing empire in ossus.

--> obviously no problem, next.

2/ Legit

i played an agent, quite loyal to the empire, especially to darth Jadus, then more for my own profit (..blablastory)

still chosing darth acina in Iokath, BUT finally chose the republic in Ossus because tired of the empire.

--> you play the double agent in ossus, ok i already did that, seems legit, nice story.

3/ desillusion

i played a bounty hunter, first paid by empire, progression to republic side.

chosing Jace Malcom and republic on iokath, ready and excited to chose fully the republic again in Ossus,

AND .... no, just make the double agent ...

---------

WHAT ? :mad: seriously i was so disappointed. we cannot chose really, it's a big desillusion, illogic and stupid.

----------

i don't even want to play this thing again, no republic side character to continue this joke. there is no choice, damn i am so pissed of this bioware ..

:csw_jabba:

Edited by Thaladan

Yeah I was very disappointed with how this played out too. It makes sense for the Agent to continue to be under cover if they were a double agent before but the other classes don't have that kind of expertise and would do more good working openly for their chosen side. For example, my Sith Inquisitor is completely LS, hates the Empire for their cruelty and slavery, sided with the Republic on Iokath, married a Republic spy, etc...if he were allowed to openly work for the Republic he could have saved Gnost Dural and killed or captured Malgus and Malora. He could have done a lot to destroy Imperial operations on Ossus but instead he sabotages 3 shuttles and hides some farming data. Meanwhile he has to kill dozens or hundreds of troops that are on the same side, let the last known member of the Jedi council be captured, and let the Jedi be assaulted and chased off the planet.

It's especially disheartening since I'm kind of thinking the story will not continue and SWtOR will start winding down to be kept in maintenance mode.

Edited by Nefla

I was disappointed as well.

And considering all my main imps want to switch side, i don't think i'll go to Ossus with any of them, as they'd be much more efficient openly fighting against imperial forces :(

Same here, I have like a handful of imperial loyalists but the rest would defect and when Jonas tells you to lower morale...well, which would lower morale more: secretly hiding farm data and snarking about the Empire in conversation with a few people OR one of the Empire's greatest heroes openly defecting to the Republic?