Fanboy or QQer? I’ve got a template for that

DonkeyGobbler

This is the internet and that means everything is black and white. There are no grey areas; something is great or terrible, and that pretty much sums up the feedback given in these forums. I doubt anyone has ever stepped in here before playing the game and then gone on to purchase it. The negativity is astounding. So, to save people some time I written the following feedback template. Simply delete an option in the brackets and away you go…

Dear [Bioware/you bunch of money grabbing bandits],

When SWTOR was released I, like everyone else, was looking forward to finally getting my hands on an MMO where I could wield a lightsaber and force choke people! Initial impression were [good/terrible] and [although the game had some bugs/I wanted to burn down Bioware’s HQ but] I hoped things would improve. Over time, with the patches, things [got even better/depressed me to the point of unsubbing]. Here’s some feedback:

I rushed to level 50 and [I’m loving the HMs, Ops and PVP/there’s no content!]. On my way I levelled my crafting skills to find that [I’ve been able to work out a lucrative niche on the GTN/everything I can craft is worthless]. Initially, I [enjoyed/hated] the fact that BiS PVE Rakata gear came from the hardest content. When this was [broken/fixed] by allowing everyone access to level 63 mods from GTN it was a step in the [wrong/right] direction. The fact that the majority of players’ characters have BiS gear, despite many never having stepped into a raid, is [absurd/great for allowing those who don’t like raiding for access to kit].

Population levels dropped after launch due to [the player base stabilising/the game being bug ridden and lacking features]. The server merges [created vibrant communities again/were badly implemented]. My original server was [okay for numbers/a ghost town]. I [kept/lost] my [unique/extremely common] character name so [it was fine/my world imploded].

I play [tank/dps/healer] and when I go into HM FPs I find the community to be [friendly/a bunch of moronic noobs]. Tanks [shouldn’t/should] guard healers! Lost Island was [a lot of fun/impossible] when it was released. People who learned the mechanics and said they cleared it [didn’t find it too difficult/were flat out lying and wiped too]. After it was [nerfed/rebalanced] a [million/couple of] times it was [no longer fun/finally possible to clear it]. I pay my subscription every month so I want [something challenging/access to everything quickly].

New content is released at a [good/snail’s] pace. I [do/don’t] understand why new content is released while there are still existing bugs. I [realise you have different teams assigned to different game aspects/cannot see any logic in this].

When the Cartel Market was released, alongside F2P, it was a clear [effort to modify the on-going development financing/a cash grab]. Amongst other things it allowed people some of the gear personalisation they’d been crying out for, while [allowing players to get the vast majority of the game for free/raking in the cash for Bioware]. The drop rate of rare items from packs is [rare, as expected/ludicrous. I bought three packs and got nothing].

F2P has been [good/a disaster] for the game. The game is full of fresh players who [wouldn’t be here otherwise/don’t deserve to share server space with me]. The Double XP weekends have [attracted more people levelling characters/really annoyed me]. I’m levelling an alt and [don’t want to/want to] run through all the missions again for the [tenth/second] time. The fact that I’m over levelled so quickly [is great/completely breaks the game]. When combined with the Ilum XP farming, it’s meant that Warzones have been awash with fresh level 50s, badly optimised in green PVE gear. To be honest, it’s been [fun killing them easily/infuriating that these exploiters have access].

In any MMO the hardest thing for the devs is class balance. I play [insert class here] and [I find things okay/you’ve nerfed me while buffing everyone else]. As it stands, my class is [viable across the board/a liability and no-one would take us in their team]. It could be [worse/better], take a look at WoW.

In writing this I’m letting you know [what a good job you’re doing/that I’m clearly better qualified to run the game’s development than you are].

Regards,

A [happy subscriber/furious keyboard smashing ex-subscriber].