Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kishiko
12.28.2011 , 04:30 PM | #151
I love the look of my character so much but they butt has to go.

I said what what in the butt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBlPcbZBJs

wadecounty
12.28.2011 , 04:57 PM | #152
Butt issue has been raised, and they are looking into it.

Quote:
[]rickems 6 points 2 hours ago*

Hello Mr. Reid!

Thank you so much for a wonderful game!! Just one question though, when I was playing the game, I noticed the robes for the Jedi Knights, (the ones with the belt over them) had oddly proportioned butts. It reminded me of the Victorian era dress, but when you preview the item, it looks normal on the Jedi. To be honest, It really bothers me when I want to wear these awesome robes, but in cutscenes, my character has his rear-end sticking out, therefore making it hard to take any of the cutscenes serious. This problem seems to only affect male body types 1 and 2. So my question is, are there any plans on making the robe look normal?

All in all thanks for the wonderful game!

P.S. Here are links of what I mean (previewed robe) http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6990/normalass.jpg (In game robe) http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3741/bigassi.jpg

[]StephenReid[S] 6 points 32 minutes ago

I think the word you're looking for is 'bustle' (the thing at the back of a Victoria era dress). Perhaps you can keep your Lightsaber in there?

We've raised that one as an issue.

parent
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...y0z0?context=3

That's good to know, unfortunately no ETA on a fix.

Strayth
12.28.2011 , 05:07 PM | #153
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH I just read that !!

Couldn't believe he did answer it.

At least they KNOW about it. Phew. I was affraid we'd be kept in the dark forever.

It was a pretty good day for me as he answered all three questions :

- hood toggle "we know this is wanted, maybe in the future"

- butt fixing "well we're kinda aware"

- horrid FPS "yeah well, we can't find why but we know people won't subscribe if we don't fix it"

So yeah I might not subscride "right away", but I will in the future for sure. Unless that smuggler of mine keeps me hooked in the meanwhile. (and nevermind the unplayable BGs too as long as it's fixed someday)

I mean, now at least we can have faith. It's the first official statement from a BW employee about the hood toggle and the jedi butt. Yay o/
Quote:
We've raised that one as an issue.
You gotta love the guy. (well I guess he saw the pictures, which once seen, can never be unseen ah ah)

He made it an "issue". Ok maybe not a "top priority" one, but that's pretty cool ! Cauz it really turns any Jedi into ridicule.

sinnes
12.29.2011 , 01:14 PM | #154
yeah.. my guildies make fun of me all the time calling me duckass and stuff my advise is getting the pvp chest armor
jamorro

Strayth
12.29.2011 , 02:54 PM | #155
That pvp gear looks awful though.

Well now that we know they're aware of it, they'll probably have to work on it. They can't possibly let us with that issue. Though as some people pointed out, it affects the Jedi a lot because 80% of their gear has the problem, but any equipment with a belt "over the coat" actually has the trouble, no matter what class they're playing. So maybe we won't get a fix that early :/ ..

Kishiko
12.30.2011 , 07:35 PM | #156
This is fantastic news that they are looking into it. I have hope I will be able to wear robes one day!

Strayth
12.31.2011 , 09:41 PM | #157
I have bad news.

As some people have suggested, it was not a glitch.

It was a feature.

Now, remember the character "preview" looks perfect, so that means Bioware is aware they ruined the whole thing.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1...2010104255.jpg

As you can see, they deliberately pushed the robe back, to create a "void", hoping it would avoid clipping issues.

1) It doesn't not avoid clipping assues as many of you noticed

2) It looks so ridiculous we're forced to wear other equipments

3) That tells they have NO IDEA how to make their crappy physics work with such design

And I'm forced to ask myself, "how in hell couldn't they notice THAT before designing 80% of the robes with the only one they couldn't get right ?!" .

Now, even if they KNOW it's an issue, I'm not sure we'll ever get a fix :/ .

Arkhias
01.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #158
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea se fix this.

Looks absolutely terrible.

Current options are:
1) Use outdated/wrong pieces of gear to avoid the robe model and the overall Jedi look.

OR

2) Abandon any hope of taking the game's Jedi storyline/dialogue seriously.

Ianjreid
01.01.2012 , 12:03 PM | #159
Yeah I agree, Hope they fix this soon.

Rickems
01.01.2012 , 06:04 PM | #160
From what I'm seeing so far, I think at the earliest, they will fix this issue at patch 2.something. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer considering the vast number of other bugs present in the game. I know mmo's aren't perfect from the beginning, but I really do believe this game was released a tad bit too early.