How to correctly queue on a Merc in Ranked

Diachi

lmao, another reason to level my Merc and queue.

This... exactly this.

I love my merc/manco, it just fits my playstyle... even though im woefully inept defensively i do my best to confound and irritate the FOTMs that be and leave them wondering *** just happened.

I lose more of those than i win but any wins on a merc against other classes right now in pvp taste far sweeter than pressing the iwin button.

I play for the challenge, and i frequently get more than i asked for, lol

P.S. The video is true, lol

I am going to q on my merc.. ALLLLL day for ranked.. have an issue with the losing team I'm on, write the devs.... they love the taste of your tears.

I did this in the beginning of season 4 for a while just to make a statement.. got yelled at, cussed out, told to ****, all before matches even started to know if i had a clue or not.

Here's the thing.. noone complained to anyone but me. They like having us as fodder... something they know they should be able to beat.

The good players aside most of the fotm re-rolls need weak classes to pretend they know what they are doing. And no, i dont mean weak powered, just the ability to kill us easier than others.

I quickly realized i was only irritating myself and stopped.

I did this in the beginning of season 4 for a while just to make a statement.. got yelled at, cussed out, told to ****, all before matches even started to know if i had a clue or not.

Here's the thing.. noone complained to anyone but me. They like having us as fodder... something they know they should be able to beat.

The good players aside most of the fotm re-rolls need weak classes to pretend they know what they are doing. And no, i dont mean weak powered, just the ability to kill us easier than others.

I quickly realized i was only irritating myself and stopped.

uh. I mean... if there's only one merc in the queue, then he's an anchor to whichever team he lands on. there's no denying that. aside from fixing balance or forcing trinity comps, neither of which will happen any time soon, what needs to happen is more mercs and pyro PTs in the queue to soften up both teams.

I don't remember the last time I saw a mercenary in solo queue on the Bastion. =(

I still have my 60 mercenary for that one day when BioWare figures out that they need help and makes them a class that is actually enjoyable and not completely frustrating.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

I don't remember the last time I saw a mercenary in solo queue on the Bastion. =(

I still have my 60 mercenary for that one day when BioWare figures out that they need help and makes them a class that is actually enjoyable and not completely frustrating.

i haven't since the middle of last season myself. urination into an oncoming wind got old after a while.

Its a shame really as i feel we have a lot of very good players on the servers that dont bother with it at this point.

or forcing trinity comps

In thinking about it, I don't actually believe forcing trinity comps will make a merc more viable in solos. Now it will certainly have a longer life expectancy with a trinity comp, but I don't think it will be more viable, in fact it may lose even more with the current meta. Heck forcing trinity comps will likely make Madness and Hatred even stronger in solos.

The reason being is Mercs don't have a pressure spec. IO and Arsenal are both burst specs. (Don't give me crap about DPS parses - IO's godly PvE rotation is impractical in PvP)

However to kill a trinity comp with burst classes you need to be able to pull off some kind of hardswitch, in solos however you don't have coordination, you don't get to call swaps or yell at the tank for a clutch AoE CC. Heck in solos you will probably not even get a co-DPS whose class synergizes well with yours.

Meanwhile actual pressure specs such as Madness would do absurdly well because pressure strats against a trinity comp boil down to a simple DPS tunnel which requires little to no coordination.

Edited by Zoom_VI

In thinking about it, I don't actually believe forcing trinity comps will make a merc more viable in solos. Now it will certainly have a longer life expectancy with a trinity comp, but I don't think it will be more viable, in fact it may lose even more with the current meta. Heck forcing trinity comps will likely make Madness and Hatred even stronger in solos.

The reason being is Mercs don't have a pressure spec. IO and Arsenal are both burst specs. (Don't give me crap about DPS parses - IO's godly PvE rotation is impractical in PvP)

However to kill a trinity comp with burst classes you need to be able to pull off some kind of hardswitch, in solos however you don't have coordination, you don't get to call swaps or yell at the tank for a clutch AoE CC. Heck in solos you will probably not even get a co-DPS whose class synergizes well with yours.

Meanwhile actual pressure specs such as Madness would do absurdly well because pressure strats against a trinity comp boil down to a simple DPS tunnel which requires little to no coordination.

Very well said as always