MK-10 questions

DomiSotto

Just wanted to confirm if this information was available:

1. Is MK-10 the highest Augment slot available?

2. Has anyone researched the cheapest way to make the parts for it (or for whatever the best is)?

TY!

Hey DomiSotto,

I probably shouldn't put i there but what the hell:

aug slots are needed to make aug kits. 10 aug slots=1 aug kit

to make mk-10 aug kits you need most important aug slots and some basic materials from ex. scavenging and slicing (just run companion missions)

best way to get aug slots (needed for aug kits) is just crafting basic level 56 anything (bracers, belts etc). They take 2x of each basic next tier material, so just gather scavenging (armstech/armormech) or archeology (synthweaving) mats and produce as many belts/bracers as you can. THEN RE them and for each u get 1 aug slot.

If you need to know more feel free to write here, I can try to describe it more tommorow

cheers

Thank you, that's what I was asking. I settled for the green scatter gun, since I am playing with my armormech atm - it takes 2/2/2 of each of the L11 mats for one augment. They are also more relaible than Biochem as there are only 1 type of materials on each type of scvg L11, unlike Biochem that always has a variety of samples and compounds.

Does the 470 implants (mk-1) gives mk-10 components or it needs to be the 475 (mk-2) ones?

Everything level 56 upwards yields MK-10 components.

PS:

It seems that material cost for all professions got somewhat normalized in the new tier. I've looked at biochem, cybertech and artifice and they all have green recipes that require only 2x2 of the basic mats.

Everything level 56 upwards yields MK-10 components.

PS:

It seems that material cost for all professions got somewhat normalized in the new tier. I've looked at biochem, cybertech and artifice and they all have green recipes that require only 2x2 of the basic mats.

yes and it pisses me off, I mean the reason cybertech and biochem were the cheapest way to make mk parts in the past was because the crew skill itself could not use them, now everybody can craft with the same price 2/2/2:(

Hey DomiSotto,

I probably shouldn't put i there but what the hell:

aug slots are needed to make aug kits. 10 aug slots=1 aug kit

to make mk-10 aug kits you need most important aug slots and some basic materials from ex. scavenging and slicing (just run companion missions)

best way to get aug slots (needed for aug kits) is just crafting basic level 56 anything (bracers, belts etc). They take 2x of each basic next tier material, so just gather scavenging (armstech/armormech) or archeology (synthweaving) mats and produce as many belts/bracers as you can. THEN RE them and for each u get 1 aug slot.

If you need to know more feel free to write here, I can try to describe it more tommorow

cheers

Hey jstankaroslo,

So if I wanted to become a mk-10 crafter, which would be the best 3 crew skills to have please ?

Slicing, Scavenging and Armstech ?

Slicing, Archeology and Synthweaving ?

• 2 years later...

What level is needed to decon to get MK 10 components? Level 56 gives mk 7.

I Used a green archived recipe. If we can only use the newest recipes, that makes these incredibly expensive to make for all the alts! Its crazy expensive as they all need the metal, and 4 bonded attachments.

What is the cheapest one to make?

What level is needed to decon to get MK 10 components? Level 56 gives mk 7.

I Used a green archived recipe. If we can only use the newest recipes, that makes these incredibly expensive to make for all the alts! Its crazy expensive as they all need the metal, and 4 bonded attachments.

What is the cheapest one to make?

First: This is an old topic. The MK-10 they are talking is not the current one.

Now, the actual MK-10 components to craft the kits do require grade 10 bonded attachments (or what others crafting skills use) to reverse engeneer.

The best way to do it is in large amounts. Example, take a lvl 40+ companion and craft 100 grade 10 bonded attachments. You may get about 120 with critics (probably even more). Reverse engeneer those (nor at once, there is a bug that sometimes you do not get the aug components; RE 100 or less at a time). That will give you 120 slots components (good for 12 kits) and you may take back mats to craft between 20 and 30 more bonded attchments. So to craft the 12 kits you only need a few more mats and after crafting 12 you should at least have 15 kits. So, with the mats required for a little over 10 kits, you end up with 50%+ more.

Or you can always buy them from GTN, usually from 90k to 120k each (on JC at least)

First: This is an old topic. The MK-10 they are talking is not the current one.

Now, the actual MK-10 components to craft the kits do require grade 10 bonded attachments (or what others crafting skills use) to reverse engeneer.

The best way to do it is in large amounts. Example, take a lvl 40+ companion and craft 100 grade 10 bonded attachments. You may get about 120 with critics (probably even more). Reverse engeneer those (nor at once, there is a bug that sometimes you do not get the aug components; RE 100 or less at a time). That will give you 120 slots components (good for 12 kits) and you may take back mats to craft between 20 and 30 more bonded attchments. So to craft the 12 kits you only need a few more mats and after crafting 12 you should at least have 15 kits. So, with the mats required for a little over 10 kits, you end up with 50%+ more.

Or you can always buy them from GTN, usually from 90k to 120k each (on JC at least)

Thank you, yes i realize this is an old post, i really wanted to update it. Thanks for the info, i did finally figure this out after reading a tread re: the 'bug'. Thanks again for posting.