Sawbones PVP gear?

MOKSound

Um.

These are my stats.

-34% crit

-740 Bonus healing

-78.8% surge

-7.5% alacrity (~1.9 uwm which you DO NEED sometimes for burst healing to keep people up! start with koltopack then uwm then kolto then uwm, save your cool head for these times too. Generall 1 - 2 rotations finishing with a emp after your last uwm is enough for like 15-25k healing over 5 seconds, better than the 12k -17k burst you're gonna get from emping. make sure you crouch, and positioning is key. If not you're retarded. Mind you this is only for INSANE BURSE, other wise the koloto emp diag is probably gonna keep em up)

-20041 hp

-1014 expertise - expertise is weak for healers. Check the drop from 1300 - 1050. like ~2.5ish % healing? In a 1million healing game that's approx... 25k? ORRRR you sack it for an extra like +40-60 bonus healing , crit, and END which is clutch. 2% more damage taken? Dude if you're getting bursted and your team isn't playing correctly I.E. taunting, CC, you're *********** dead. During this time of dying, your hots will tick harder on you and those around you, and during your actual time of death, which may or may not happen, your heals will be ticking harder till you get back.

I also blaze hard when I play, and with all these things together I think I'm also better than a lot of you. But try to use my stats as a model.

*EDIT* - if you're not getting the pve 2 piece and the pvp 2 piece, you are so *********** wrong. 5 energy, seriously? Which helps your regen rate until you have to use kolto cloud after a srm? pff lol. stupid

Killewa

50 Scoundrel Sawbones

Sorry For Partying

The Bastion

Edited by Jenkil
set bonus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the alacrity. You have UWM at 1.81 seconds by using the +3% alacrity skill in the dirty fighting treen, 2xWH menders implants and keeping your shotgun enhancement. Personaly, i find it more than enouph.

As for tradings HPs for Healing. Those 3k hp mean nothing. I ll just mention takedown and vicious throw. And boosted assault vanguard dps on targets below 30%.

Btw, you can actually trade crit for power. There is a 23 crit/50ish surge enhancement i don't recall the name of atm (and cba to search) you can swap for the power/surge enhancement. Doubt this is what that guy had in mind, but posting it for academical reasons :p

Um.

These are my stats.

-34% crit

-740 Bonus healing

-78.8% surge

-7.5% alacrity (~1.9 uwm which you DO NEED sometimes for burst healing to keep people up! start with koltopack then uwm then kolto then uwm, save your cool head for these times too. Generall 1 - 2 rotations finishing with a emp after your last uwm is enough for like 15-25k healing over 5 seconds, better than the 12k -17k burst you're gonna get from emping. make sure you crouch, and positioning is key. If not you're retarded. Mind you this is only for INSANE BURSE, other wise the koloto emp diag is probably gonna keep em up)

-20041 hp

-1014 expertise - expertise is weak for healers. Check the drop from 1300 - 1050. like ~2.5ish % healing? In a 1million healing game that's approx... 25k? ORRRR you sack it for an extra like +40-60 bonus healing , crit, and END which is clutch. 2% more damage taken? Dude if you're getting bursted and your team isn't playing correctly I.E. taunting, CC, you're *********** dead. During this time of dying, your hots will tick harder on you and those around you, and during your actual time of death, which may or may not happen, your heals will be ticking harder till you get back.

I also blaze hard when I play, and with all these things together I think I'm also better than a lot of you. But try to use my stats as a model.

*EDIT* - if you're not getting the pve 2 piece and the pvp 2 piece, you are so *********** wrong. 5 energy, seriously? Which helps your regen rate until you have to use kolto cloud after a srm? pff lol. stupid

Killewa

50 Scoundrel Sawbones

Sorry For Partying

The Bastion

So much bad information in this post. You've obviously listened to the wrong ppl and taken their word for a lot of the stuff you're preaching. Loved the fact you bragged about being so good after posting this bs.

These are my stats.

-34% crit

-740 Bonus healing

-78.8% surge

-7.5% alacrity

-20041 hp

-1014 expertise

Ok so in order to explain, let's start with some facts. (All the numbers are based off self healing to the scoundrel, which is going to be higher due to slight increase in healing received talent.

1. For every 1 point of bonus healing, SRM goes up by 0.857, KC goes up by 0.429, and DS goes up by 0.371. (non-crit)

2. Expertise at 1314 gives you 24.25%/19.52%/13.44% while 1014 gives you 20.04%/16.69%/11.03%.

The calculations won't include UWM or EMP because they are not static healing amounts and therefore RNG will affect the outcome and may not be accurate without a LARGE pool of data to deal with. You would see a somewhat similar change to those spells as you would these three, but as these 3 make up a much larger portion of your healing done, they are more pertinent.

In determining overall healing efficiency for throughput, I like to determine averages. To me the most important thing when looking for higher throughput is if the average goes up. Let's take a look at your numbers, compared to mine.

My stats are:

693.3 bonus healing

crit chance 37.55%

crit mult 79.9%

~19.5k health

1314 expertise

My SRM heals for 893, KC for 469, DS for 270. That means yours heal for roughly 933/489/287 respectively with 740 bonus healing.

To determine average => (crit%*critmultiplier + 1)Noncritheal(100% - traumadebuff + expertisehealing)

The average SRM for you ticks for (0.34*0.788 + 1)933(1 - 0.3 + 0.1103) = 958.56

The average KC for you ticks for (0.34*1.088 + 1)489(1 - 0.3 + 0.1103) = 542.81

The average DS for you ticks for (0.58*0.788 + 1)287(1 - 0.3 + 0.1103) = 338.84

My SRM (0.3755*0.799 + 1)893(1 - 0.3 + 0.1344) = 968.67

My KC (0.3755*1.099 + 1)469(1 - 0.3 + 0.1344) = 552.83

My DS (0.6155*0.799 + 1)270(1 - 0.3 + 0.1344) = 336.08

I'll forfeit that your DS will have higher HPS due to your bonus healing and alacrity (no point in calculating since yours is already higher than mine due to your high bonus healing) I use DS a lot, but it still doesn't account for a major portion of healing done. In an ideal situation where you have SRM x2 rolling on 4 ppl, KC on cooldown on 2-4 ppl, and DS when not spamming EMP or using UWM for a little burst....My numbers will always pull ahead of yours because of the fact that SRM and KC are ticking away on multiple ppl. DS can only heal 1 person at a time.

Now that we can agree that my throughput is higher than yours, let's see what I'm missing out on for survivability.

You have a little over 500 more health than me, but 2.83% less dmg mitigation from expertise. Your effective health is 23385 when looking strictly from the dmg mitigation provided by expertise. Mine is 23306. Your effective health is ~79 health more. Know what that means? If we both receive 0 healing, and take the same amount of base dmg...I will die before you do by 79 health. As a healer, how often do you go from 100% to 0 without receiving any healing? Pretty much never. That means the verdict is, my mitigation p-slaps your extra endurance 99.9% of the time.

Please tell me you ran the numbers yourself before boasting how great you were. :cool:

Edited by Ravashakk

Ok so in order to explain, let's start with some facts.

Please tell me you ran the numbers yourself before boasting how great you were. :cool:

Thank you for the informative post.

I have a question though. I would really love to know how you keep your bonus healing so high with that much expertise and crit rating? I have mix maxed warhero with a few EWH bits, and our bonus healing is effectively the same (within a few decimal points), however, my expertise is reasonably lower, sitting at around 1164. I should note, our SRMP ticks for effectively the same as well (within 1hp). Our crit is also extremely close.

Any place i trade stats to gain expertise, my bonus healing will drop due to lower cunning and/or power. Either that, or i lose out on crit rating to squeeze in extra power. (ie pve armouring for pvp ones, or switching power crystals for expertise ones).

Is it possible for you to do a quick gear build on askmrrobot.com, or explain how you keep bonus healing so high with so much expertise and crit? Because tbh, i am completely lost as too how i would go about achieving your stats :)

Edit: could you even possibly list the breakdown of your bonus healing? ie: cunning/power/tech power/ (skills/buffs)

Edited by GHoppa

These are my stats.

I'd love your opinion on them Ravashakk

672.8 Bonus Healing

39.75% crit

75.14% surge

265 alacrity rating --> Activation speed 12.36% (8.36%)

1208 expertise

19270 hp

(btw, what happened to your records on nebukanezar on the ultimate pvp records thread)

Edited by Aerilas

http://i45.tinypic.com/2na5m2t.jpg

It is a slightly older pic. I have since gained a few more enhancements which gives the stats I spoke of, but this is pretty close as is.

Thx for the pic. I was a little confused because your math uses 1344 expertise, but you mentioned 1314 earlier in the post. But don't worry, your heals still comes out ahead :)

Once i upgrade my WH to EWH, i can match your stats! not as impossible as i first thought hehe :)

Thx for the pic. I was a little confused because your math uses 1344 expertise, but you mentioned 1314 earlier in the post. But don't worry, your heals still comes out ahead :)

Once i upgrade my WH to EWH, i can match your stats! not as impossible as i first thought hehe :)

1314 is the expertise I have. 13.44% is the healing portion from 1314 expertise as you can see in the pic.

These are my stats.

I'd love your opinion on them Ravashakk

672.8 Bonus Healing

39.75% crit

75.14% surge

265 alacrity rating --> Activation speed 12.36% (8.36%)

1208 expertise

19270 hp

(btw, what happened to your records on nebukanezar on the ultimate pvp records thread)

Well you know what I'm going to say if they aren't my stats.

Well you know what I'm going to say if they aren't my stats.

haha true. where can i find yours?

Just note that I have optimized mine towards ranked warzones, not towards best possible healing numbers output.

Ive gone for effective healing

Edited by Aerilas

1314 is the expertise I have. 13.44% is the healing portion from 1314 expertise as you can see in the pic.

Ahh that makes sense. The main reason i'm behind you is because of only having WH weapons. EWH weapons boost the tech power bonus on them too, first item for me to upgrade is those. I had them on my old scoundrel, along with extremely similar numbers, bad sadly he is retired on a dead server. :( Just had to make use of what i could get quick and cheap for the re roll lol

Edit: Hey Rav, my quick math indicates that if you lose 100 expertise from 2 armorings, and get pve ones with higher cunning, your heals will go up ever so slightly. Is it just a case of you not wanting to do this for the extra mitagation the expertise provides?

breakdown on my math in case i got anything wrong, looking at SRM:

(i'm excluding the first bracket as there is no change in those stats by swapping out mentioned armourings)

893(.8344) = 745.12

-100 experitse gives you 1214 which is a 12.67% bonus. This in turn increases your bonus healing by 11 (with all buffs on you), which provides 9.4 extra hp pre tick (rounded down to 9).

902(.8267) = 745.68

Edited by GHoppa

Ahh that makes sense. The main reason i'm behind you is because of only having WH weapons. EWH weapons boost the tech power bonus on them too, first item for me to upgrade is those. I had them on my old scoundrel, along with extremely similar numbers, bad sadly he is retired on a dead server. :( Just had to make use of what i could get quick and cheap for the re roll lol

Edit: Hey Rav, my quick math indicates that if you lose 100 expertise from 2 armorings, and get pve ones with higher cunning, your heals will go up ever so slightly. Is it just a case of you not wanting to do this for the extra mitagation the expertise provides?

breakdown on my math in case i got anything wrong, looking at SRM:

(i'm excluding the first bracket as there is no change in those stats by swapping out mentioned armourings)

893(.8344) = 745.12

-100 experitse gives you 1214 which is a 12.67% bonus. This in turn increases your bonus healing by 11 (with all buffs on you), which provides 9.4 extra hp pre tick (rounded down to 9).

902(.8267) = 745.68

Just going to assume your numbers are correct, but the truth is already in what you posted. Why would you trade off dmg mitigation for a small jump in health and practically no increase in throughput?

haha true. where can i find yours?

Just note that I have optimized mine towards ranked warzones, not towards best possible healing numbers output.

Ive gone for effective healing

Well higher healing output keeps ppl alive. Apparently that isn't a priority in your ranked games.

what? thats twisting my words. read better. my output is still incredible with every game at least a 1000hps easily

1000 hps isn't much when the other team lets you free cast 90% of the game. Your throughput goes from decent to almost nothing the few times they decide to attack you.

You'd understand if you played a few games in my shoes. When I heal, I pretty much have 3-4 on me the entire game. Feel free to go check the dmg taken/ protection records and see that I'm healing in a lot of them. Ppl are so afraid of letting me free cast that I get focused when I'm DF. So if that ever happens to you, you'll have to rethink how you play.

And for the last time, if you don't want my constructive criticism...then don't ask.

1000 hps isn't much when the other team lets you free cast 90% of the game. Your throughput goes from decent to almost nothing the few times they decide to attack you.

You'd understand if you played a few games in my shoes. When I heal, I pretty much have 3-4 on me the entire game. Feel free to go check the dmg taken/ protection records and see that I'm healing in a lot of them. Ppl are so afraid of letting me free cast that I get focused when I'm DF. So if that ever happens to you, you'll have to rethink how you play.

And for the last time, if you don't want my constructive criticism...then don't ask.

Just because you saw 1 video of me where i don't get focused doesn't mean this happens every game. I get focused more than enough in other games.

You've recently been speaking like you're the king of the class, I see it about everywhere. Getting kind of annoying

And I didn't speak on your "constructive criticism", you literally just twisted my words

Edited by Aerilas

Just because you saw 1 video of me where i don't get focused doesn't mean this happens every game. I get focused more than enough in other games.

You've recently been speaking like you're the king of the class, I see it about everywhere. Getting kind of annoying

And I didn't speak on your "constructive criticism", you literally just twisted my words

I saw 3 videos all with the same mistakes...against scrub teams that let you free cast. As for king of the class bs, fabricated all because I'm not telling you what you want to hear. Afterall, you asked me for advice. You must consider my opinion worth something. I gave it to you (knowing full well you'd make up an excuse as you've done in the past) and you came back with how your gearing is meant for ranked (like mine isn't?). Your gear is best suited for your playstyle when playing against clueless teams.

Now if you're smart, you'll drop this and go about your business.

I saw 3 videos all with the same mistakes...against scrub teams that let you free cast. As for king of the class bs, fabricated all because I'm not telling you what you want to hear. Afterall, you asked me for advice. You must consider my opinion worth something. I gave it to you (knowing full well you'd make up an excuse as you've done in the past) and you came back with how your gearing is meant for ranked (like mine isn't?). Your gear is best suited for your playstyle when playing against clueless teams.

Now if you're smart, you'll drop this and go about your business.

You are quite eager to force people to play exactly like you do though.

We'll see how it goes when we play on the PTS against new teams.

You did fail to realize that I ofcourse put up more hots when I get focused, because i CANT cast.

Imo 0 alacrity, high crit , high surge, low endurance (offset by pve pieces) is the way to go:

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9442/screenshot2013010621154.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biggest decision is crit vs power.

No, 0 alacrity is stupid and a waste of stat points, there is no reason to take that extra 3% surge over 8% alacrity. While you can still get good hps while stacking surge the reactive healing given by alacrity is much, much better, really I don't see how this could even be up for discussion it's so obvious.

I don't know why you added a screenshot everyone has games like that, and better ones than that.

No, 0 alacrity is stupid and a waste of stat points, there is no reason to take that extra 3% surge over 8% alacrity. While you can still get good hps while stacking surge the reactive healing given by alacrity is much, much better, really I don't see how this could even be up for discussion it's so obvious.

I don't know why you added a screenshot everyone has games like that, and better ones than that.

Know what alacrity doesn't do? Does nothing for your dmg when you're defending yourself or helping your team burst someone down.

I've parsed it...UWM and ds make up such a small % of overall healing that 3% surge will beat out 8% alacrity on the healing side. No contest on the dmg side. I have a feeling a lot of u aren't playing your scoundrels to their potential.

Something else you aren't thinking of...you only really benefit from alacrity to the fullest when you're free casting. I've had games where I couldn't get past the first half second of ds or UWM from all the interrupts.

Edited by Ravashakk

Know what alacrity doesn't do? Does nothing for your dmg when you're defending yourself or helping your team burst someone down.

I've parsed it...UWM and ds make up such a small % of overall healing that 3% surge will beat out 8% alacrity on the healing side. No contest on the dmg side. I have a feeling a lot of u aren't playing your scoundrels to their potential.

Something else you aren't thinking of...you only really benefit from alacrity to the fullest when you're free casting. I've had games where I couldn't get past the first half second of ds or UWM from all the interrupts.

Whether they make up a small amount of healing or not doesn't matter, having a faster cast on your heal WILL save lives. I have a feeling you are not, as you don't understand such a basic thing.

Yes, everyone has games like that, however having a faster cast time will also help with that. I get focused like crazy in pretty much everygame I play these days but even then you still have time to cast, if they are sitting on you all game and never swapping targets they are doing it wrong.

Stopping people from dying when they are being focused is very important, and not having the alacrity will stop you from doing this in a lot more cases than 3% surge. Keeping people alive should be your primary focus and 8% alacrity does this better than 3% surge.

Whether they make up a small amount of healing or not doesn't matter, having a faster cast on your heal WILL save lives. I have a feeling you are not, as you don't understand such a basic thing.

Yes, everyone has games like that, however having a faster cast time will also help with that. I get focused like crazy in pretty much everygame I play these days but even then you still have time to cast, if they are sitting on you all game and never swapping targets they are doing it wrong.

Stopping people from dying when they are being focused is very important, and not having the alacrity will stop you from doing this in a lot more cases than 3% surge. Keeping people alive should be your primary focus and 8% alacrity does this better than 3% surge.

You obviously play against scrubs. Try playing against a sage or two on top of their game. They'll keep you as focus and interrupt you from range on cooldown without ever laying a finger on you. I'm sure that .16 seconds or w/e will change that somehow when most interrupts are done in the first 1-1.5 secs.

They'll swap targets after you're dead because you relied so heavily on an alacrity build. You don't understand that the extra healing that your heals are doing on crits make up for the hps you lose on UWM/ds.

If you want to call my healing talent into question we can compare screenshots.