the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

_biddan_

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on which of the two is better with a saber.

The sith inquisitor would just try to destory the consular with force lightning, the consular would heal any damage take from the inquisitor. Oncce they are both out of power it would become a light saber duel, and whoever is most skilled with a saber (or the luckiest) would win the battle.

I think they won't just go one on one. Both have an army, so why not send it against each other. The Sith Inquisitors army is more powerful in space, because of the

Silencer.

The Consulars Army is more powerful on the ground, it consists

Esh-ka, Voss commandos and Balmorran droids. The are better than imperial conscripted soldiers.

In an one on one it really comes down to preperation and good taktics. If both go unprepared, my bets are on the Inquisitor, because of his uber-force lighning. But the Jedi Consular or his companions (especially Tharan), might develope ways to counter it. If the Inquisitor still has

Zash

, she might have ideas to counter the counter.... which starts a circle which goes on and on.

Assuming they are Sorc and Sage. If it is Shadow against Assassine: The one who strikes first, wins.

I would have to say the Inquisitor. Force Lightning is just such a destructive force ability, and only the most powerful Sith lord's lightning can kill (Which ours does). Since it can kill, it must also be much more difficult to deflect and bear the pain.

Not to mention, I'm still curious as to what would happen if I turned all my Silencers onto a planet's surface. :rolleyes:

Let's not forget that the Consular is the strongest in the Force, out of any other Class. Ever.

You're the second-coming on the Messiah essentially with your power in the Force, while the Jedi Knight is the will of the Force, essentially "The Chosen One".

Let's not forget that the Consular is the strongest in the Force, out of any other Class. Ever.

You're the second-coming on the Messiah essentially with your power in the Force, while the Jedi Knight is the will of the Force, essentially "The Chosen One".

I don't know, I think the SI could give the Consular a run for their money, if you're just talking raw power in the force.

I don't know, I think the SI could give the Consular a run for their money, if you're just talking raw power in the force.

If we're talking raw power, I'd say SI would only have a chance of winning if he/she

kept the ghosts as they enhance raw power. SI had to consume several to beat Thanaton.

If we're talking raw power, I'd say SI would only have a chance of winning if he/she

kept the ghosts as they enhance raw power. SI had to consume several to beat Thanaton.

Only because...

You're not at full strength the first time you fight him. If you think about it, halfway through the SI's rise to power, she chases Thanaton out of his own rooms. There's a long period in there when the Inquisitor is still becoming more powerful, but needs to control the ghosts before a rematch.

I didn't see a lot to indicate the Consular is really all that powerful. Spent most of the story doing diplomacy, whereas the Inquisitor has some of the most powerful Sith out there gunning for her from near day 1.

Edited by Sinemetu

Inquisitor.

The Consular will be reined in by the fact that he is "light side" force-wise.

Therefore while he will be fighting to survive and defend, he will ultimately also be trying to not kill his opponent.

The Inquisitor on the other hand is not constrained by this.

In fact, he will be actively trying to kill his opponent using any method necessary.

This ability to act unrestrained, limited only by power and wits, will win out in the long run over someone who is being "held back" by a moral code.

That's why Vader had to kill the Emperor for Luke.

Luke's conscience wouldn't let him attack the Emperor, even though he knew that killing him would end untold suffering.

He was more worried about his own "force alignment" than saving the galaxy from oppression.

Edited by TheChervil
I accidentally a word

I didn't see a lot to indicate the Consular is really all that powerful. Spent most of the story doing diplomacy, whereas the Inquisitor has some of the most powerful Sith out there gunning for her from near day 1.

The Jedi Consular is more powerful than anyone else in the Force. The shielding technique he learns is incredibly power and most that use it die after only a few times. The consular uses it a bunch of times and is no worse for wear. The fact that he can do this shows how strong he is in the Force. Just because it isn't flashy like force lightning doesn't mean he isn't the strongest in the Force.

The Jedi Consular is more powerful than anyone else in the Force. The shielding technique he learns is incredibly power and most that use it die after only a few times. The consular uses it a bunch of times and is no worse for wear. The fact that he can do this shows how strong he is in the Force. Just because it isn't flashy like force lightning doesn't mean he isn't the strongest in the Force.

Unfortunately strongest in the Force in no way indicates he would win the fight.

He would actually have to be willing to use that ability to a deadly limit in order to win.

The Inquisitor will have no problem pushing his limits and doing everything underhanded and dirty that he can to gain an advantage and actually kill the Consular.

He may be more powerful by far, but is he willing to use that power?

Uh... where is it stated that he's more powerful? You missed a lot of dialogue if you think you can use the shielding technique and be just fine. It's stated that it almost kills you. Of course, they screwed the pooch when they wrote the consular and that doesn't really show up beyond dialogue, but it's there.

Besides, we're talking about who would win in a fight. What's the consular gonna do? Shield him to death... from... uh...? It's a technique with a pretty limited application, whereas the Inquisitor's story ability seems pretty good for defense and attack. As a bonus...

The inquisitor gets to bind a DS or neutral Consular's ghost to himself after killing him! Yes!

While its true that the JC is one of the most powerful jedi of this generation it should be noted that the SI is one of the most powerful sith. But because of his former slave status only 2 people acknowledge this and that's darth decimus and Khem val. Khem val says that SI is the heir to tulak hord. Also the SI had to face far more adversity then the JC.

I'd say the consular. For starters he as able to defeat the First Son which is no small feat. Although the inquisitor defeated Darth Thanaton he needed the ghosts extra power to pull it off. Also forgive me, but I am pretty sure the First Son is stronger than Thanaton.

I'd say the consular. For starters he as able to defeat the First Son which is no small feat. Although the inquisitor defeated Darth Thanaton he needed the ghosts extra power to pull it off. Also forgive me, but I am pretty sure the First Son is stronger than Thanaton.

Thanaton gone toe to toe with sith emperor former apprentice and defeated her that was before he even become member of dark council when he was a mere sith apprentice.

I'd say the SI is the strongest of the 2 simply because of the force ghosts that he has under his control ( you still get to keep one even if you choose the light side answer which = immortal , since the ghost always keeps the inquisitor alive ) and since i went dark , i have the power of 5 ( at least i think it it's 5 - i always counted the voss one as the fifth) powerful force ghosts feeding their power to me and keeping me alive no matter what. I havent done the consular quest so idk how much natural power he may have , but then again the SI can always boost his power by getting new ghosts to bolster his:cool:

Having played through both stories, I'll give my opinion below not using game mechanics, as it's flawed when doing X vs Y.

It would come down to a battle of will.

Sorcerer:

Without the Force Walking ability, the Sorcerer is just your average Sith, and cannot compete. However, as he has 5 ghosts bound to him, and having to have his body genetically altered to control them... at his height of power, he has an unnatural edge.

Sage:

Jedi barsen'thor, the greatest Jedi of an era, where the title isn't given away annually (not even Satele Shan is one). Naturally powerful in the force, the kind of Jedi every light side force sensitive should aim to emulate.

My opinion:

Force confrontation

The Sage would be capable of defending him/herself against what ever the Sorcerer could throw, however the Sage unable to deliver deadly attacks through the force (in keeping with the Jedi tradition) which wouldn't cause problems for the Sorcerer. The confrontation would result in a draw.

So it comes down to who would give up first. Would the Sorcerer realize how not-so powerful the dark side is and retreat and/or chose the path of the light side through the sages influence? Or would the sage simply retreat as the contest through the force cannot be won? (Yoda vs Sid)

Lightsabers Drawn

Both individuals are equal, neither relies on brute strength for their saber style, you can argue that both are proficient in all saber styles. The Sage in this instance isn't as hesitant in attack with the saber compared with the use of the force. The Sorcerer cannot now take for granted that the Sage will not attack.

At this point it will come down to skill of the blade, neither stands out as the better of the other.

take this as a balanced review, i like both stories equally.

who would win this epic battle between these 2 very powerful force users?

please only clever and motivated answers i don't want "fanboy" answers.

They're mirrors of each other. The Sorcerer lashes out with a lightning blast, the Sage heals the result. The Assassin strikes out at a target, the Shadow blocks it.

It's the classic "irresistible force vs. immovable object" conundrum: two embodiments of opposite concepts, perfectly matched in strength. Which wins? Neither.

For while they both are struggling, a Sniper shoots them both from 1/2 a mile away :D