Redoubt missing Alacrity, Need Absorb!

Tragamite

From what I have seen there are 3 types of Blue crafted gear (Critical, Overkill and Redoubt) and reverse engineered create 5 varients, except Redoubt!

Critical advances into Tempest (Shield Rating), Supremacy (Alacrity), Endowment (Surge), Fervor (Accuraccy) and Leadership (Presence).

Overkill advances into Rampart (Shield), Vehemence (Alacrity), Expert (Surge), Hawkeye (Accuracy) and Commander (Presence).

Redoubt advances into Veracity (Shield), Anti-Armor (Surge), Exactitude (Accuracy) and General (Presence). I have not seen anything with Alacrity from any Redoubt item.

Not only this but Absorb is completely missing from all three lists! Why? Are Tanks not supposed to use crafted gear? Are they only allowed to defend and shield but not allow that shield to absorb a bit extra? Is it too powerful a stat to include in crafted gear??

Why was this passed over as a stat on crafted gear?

Correct, but there is a reason

Overkill is Healer focused

Critical is DPS focused (though switch to Overkill @ 50+)

Redoubt is Tank focused and Tanks don't need Alacrity. That's probably why the Devs never created one.

From Redout, you only want the Veracity prefix, so good riddance alacrity is not even a possiblity.:D

True enough, and I may be playing DEVils advocate here, but now being offered alacrity with tank gear why was it not offered?

And since shield is offered why not absorb? As a tank I'd love to get this available.

I try to capitalize on stats with crafted gear. If a base item offers power I want the critical variants. Likewise the reverse, but with redoubt I am looking for tank stats with usually ends up as accuracy.

The only role of enhancements with alacrity in tank gear for commendations is to make the itemization needed. First thing you should do is get them out, and put proper enhancements in their place. I'm glad that this alacrity madness did not reach implants/earpieces.

Crafting is incomplete, always has been, likely always will be. Loads of options missing, which is indeed annoying, but you can work around it if you know how gear works.

Slightly indept explaination:

Secondary stats work in 2 groups. You'll have the group; Power, Critical, Defense and Absorb, available on mods and first part of the Enhancement. (Here is where we miss something in crafting, there should be overkill, critical, redoubt and the missing absorb one) Then you have the second group; Alacrity, Accuracy, Surge, and Shield, when it's available on gear Presence is fit in this group too. Earpiece/Implants work the same as any moddable item, it's just not as easy to spot. You won't find any earpieces/implants with only Absorb and Defense, there will a combination of group 1 and group 2, due to crafting you 'can' have a piece with Absorb/Defence/Shield where Absorb and Defence will share what-ever is available point-wise for group 1.

In short you can use the rest of your gear (mods/enhancements) to trade Absorb for Defence or the other way around 1 for 1, as long as it's the same kind of mods (unlettered vs lettered.)

The exception to these rules are Augments since they offer every kind of stat mixed with either Power or Endurance.

This is what's available with reverse engineering:

Redoubt (+Defense)

-Anti-Armor (+Defense, +Surge)

-Exactitude (+Defense, +Accuracy)

-General's (+Defense, +Presence)

-Veracity (+Defense, +Shield)

- ?????? (+Defense, +Alacrity) (The missing one, like pointed out in other posts :))

Critical (+Critical)

-Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)

-Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)

-Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)

-Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)

-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

Overkill (+Power)

-Commander (+Power, +Presence)

- Expert (+Power, +Surge)

- Hawkeye (+Power, +Accuracy)

-Rampart (+Power, +Shield)

-Vehemence (+Power, +Alacrity)

Apologies for using colours, easier than typing prototype and artifact.

Edited by Gloomycakes

Slightly indept explaination:

Secondary stats work in 2 groups. You'll have the group; Power, Critical, Defense and Absorb, available on mods and first part of the Enhancement. (Here is where we miss something in crafting, there should be overkill, critical, redoubt and the missing absorb one) Then you have the second group; Alacrity, Accuracy, Surge, and Shield, when it's available on gear Presence is fit in this group too. Earpiece/Implants work the same as any moddable item, it's just not as easy to spot. You won't find any earpieces/implants with only Absorb and Defense, there will a combination of group 1 and group 2, due to crafting you 'can' have a piece with Absorb/Defence/Shield where Absorb and Defence will share what-ever is available point-wise for group 1.

In short you can use the rest of your gear (mods/enhancements) to trade Absorb for Defence or the other way around 1 for 1, as long as it's the same kind of mods (unlettered vs lettered.)

The exception to these rules are Augments since they offer every kind of stat mixed with either Power or Endurance.

It would be great if they worked in 2 parts if that were so then it should be that part 1 is crit power and defense and 2nd is alacrity absorb accuracy surge and shield.

Then imo group one would only access group 2 that associate with group 1. So the advance gear would group as follows.

Redoubt~Accuracy Absorb Shield

Critical~Accuracy Surge Alacrity

Power~Alacrity Surge Shield.

This would more so say that they are ment for a type of class.