Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Class Rep] Three Questions Regarding Our Wonderful Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
[Class Rep] Three Questions Regarding Our Wonderful Class

Brunner_Venda
02.25.2014 , 03:39 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooziejr View Post
No one is suppose to be able to solo a good healer and never suppose to be able to solo a healer with a tank and another cross healer. Man I racked 2200 dps in a game like that and a guildie in ap did 2400dps and didnt kill ****. AP CAN DO 2400 DPS IN SUCH SCENARIOS. That is absolutely insane. I restate. ..the point of dps is not to solo kill the other team..that is just absurd. When the othet team has 3 healers and a tank sometimes u have to face stuff doesn't die easy. Most gamez are not like that.
I disagree. A good DPS should be able to beat a good healer. A good DPS should be able to get the healer to blow his best defensive cooldowns, while saving his own CC, pull, and best burst for when it counts.

I just read that Operative healers are about to eat a nasty nerf on their healing, I'm thinking that alone may alleviate the 'nobody dies' problem. We're doing a lot of talking about 'healers' here, but let's be honest. AP doesn't have as much of a problem with sorc and merc healers.

Mularky
02.25.2014 , 03:57 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
I disagree. A good DPS should be able to beat a good healer. A good DPS should be able to get the healer to blow his best defensive cooldowns, while saving his own CC, pull, and best burst for when it counts.

I just read that Operative healers are about to eat a nasty nerf on their healing, I'm thinking that alone may alleviate the 'nobody dies' problem. We're doing a lot of talking about 'healers' here, but let's be honest. AP doesn't have as much of a problem with sorc and merc healers.
I am going to agree here, an average dps should be able to stalemate a healer and a good dps should be able to kill one. Then again it truly matters on skill, a good dps and a good healer in a fight the dps should evenutually win. AP only has that burst every time shoulder cannon and explosive fuel is up.

Ottoattack
02.25.2014 , 04:38 PM | #63
If I am on an enemy healer I will eventually kill him, but these fights can extend over 2-3 minutes. The goal in most cases (especially in arenas) is not to kill, but cripple the healer.

Kooziejr
02.25.2014 , 06:35 PM | #64
Lads if u can kill my sorc healer in a 1 v 1 I would be so so so very surprised. I consider myself a very solid pt and cannot kill the best healers on the bastion in a 1 v 1. Noobs and average joes yes. Not exceptional players unless u get lots of lucky crits
Koozie
/creampie

Blitz-wing
02.25.2014 , 08:02 PM | #65
Grapple: Pulls pull-able target to pull location, 10-30m range. If used on non pull-able target then you are pulled to target location, 10-30m range. 45sec cooldown.

The skill needed to use this to the full is high.
PvE: Gap Closer in Boss Fights, while still a pull on adds/trash.
PvP: Either a Gap Closer or Pull depending when you use it & on what target. It's situation dependent, getting pulled into being overextended is death, while getting pulled to stop the ball carrier in huttball is a score stopper.

Brunner_Venda
02.25.2014 , 08:20 PM | #66
Lads if u can kill my sorc healer in a 1 v 1 I would be so so so very surprised. I consider myself a very solid pt and cannot kill the best healers on the bastion in a 1 v 1. Noobs and average joes yes. Not exceptional players unless u get lots of lucky crits
And you don't see this as a bloody problem? The better player should win, and you're a hell of a lot more than a 'solid' PT.

Luck needs a hand sometimes, that's what explosive fuel is for. :-D

Luckeyduckey
02.26.2014 , 12:04 AM | #67
Are you trolling? Seriously, unless those healers are amazing (the players), then I don't see how it's hard... They have force management issues, so even if you can't beat them right away, you WILL win.

As for the questions, seriously we need more damage. PvP is fine, but we NEED better damage in PvE. It's a joke right now, second worst class. Best way to do it is to buff hybrid specs, as no one uses those in PvP due to lack of survivability and burst.

Kooziejr
02.26.2014 , 01:09 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Are you trolling? Seriously, unless those healers are amazing (the players), then I don't see how it's hard... They have force management issues, so even if you can't beat them right away, you WILL win.

As for the questions, seriously we need more damage. PvP is fine, but we NEED better damage in PvE. It's a joke right now, second worst class. Best way to do it is to buff hybrid specs, as no one uses those in PvP due to lack of survivability and burst.
No im not trolling you sport. I would love to see you try to kill the best healers on bastion 1 v 1. I am 100% sure I could kite you for hours on sorc heals (my healing class). No dps can solo a very good healer....they simply have higher hps than you can do dps and lots of dcds....I dont know what type of derp scrubs u guys are playing against? And if you can already do it then no need for a change.

The purpose of this game is focus fire and cc and teamwork not soloing a healer...seriously this thread is becoming pathetic because people are looking for dps buffs so they can solo healers ***....address the appropriate issues. Tanking and pve damage...no more talk of solo healers or needing to drop healers with tanks and cross healing....I dont mean to sound rude but it comes across as really noob to me. If u can solo healer s great if u cant dont worry ur not suppose to be able to. Moving on...
Koozie
/creampie

Brunner_Venda
02.26.2014 , 01:51 AM | #69
No im not trolling you sport. I would love to see you try to kill the best healers on bastion 1 v 1. I am 100% sure I could kite you for hours on sorc heals (my healing class). No dps can solo a very good healer....they simply have higher hps than you can do dps and lots of dcds....I dont know what type of derp scrubs u guys are playing against? And if you can already do it then no need for a change.

The purpose of this game is focus fire and cc and teamwork not soloing a healer...seriously this thread is becoming pathetic because people are looking for dps buffs so they can solo healers ***....address the appropriate issues. Tanking and pve damage...no more talk of solo healers or needing to drop healers with tanks and cross healing....I dont mean to sound rude but it comes across as really noob to me. If u can solo healer s great if u cant dont worry ur not suppose to be able to. Moving on...
What you've described above is a stalemate. That PT you're kiting is preventing you from healing your team, and if you make one mistake, he'll get you. That's what is comes down to on PoT5, waiting for the healer to make a mistake.

How exactly do we increase PVE damage? Best thing I can think of is to allow prototype flame thrower for CGC cylinder. That way the PVE guys have their hybrid spec back, which is complete garbage for PVP. Basically since 2.6 many people have shelved their PVE PT toons.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the retractable blade and prototype cylinder for HEGC, because I still think it wouldn't be OP by far compared to assassins or gore spec maras.

Mathemagica
02.26.2014 , 03:48 AM | #70
Many people apparently want to ask the combat team to increase our sustained damage in PvE. I don't think that asking for specific buffs like more damage through HEC or RB is the way to ask for this. We can make such suggestions of course, but the core of such a question should be that we need more sustained damage in PvE, not one or two specific suggestions how to achieve that.