Wakey Wakey Bioware.. EU is awake and ready to play !!

ActualFantasy

If we got invites ahead of US the level of butthurt would reach untold volumes. Similarly if they got access before us we would get a lot of sand in the collective vag. This is not ideal for us, but it IS fair

I understand it for a first day, simultanious release.

But then the second day, they make us wait 2 hours more.

What i dislike more is the fact they are not telling it to us. They just mention all times in CST times and we gotta figure out ourselves when that is.

Typical behaviour for a large US company though.

It was like that when i started with UO, it was like that when i played WOW, and its like that, when i start SWTOR. When will they learn ?

The server regions should have been done seperate in their prime times. However BW have made it abundantly clear the EU is going to get shafted at every turn.

The amount of servers the EU get is pathetic and has remained consistantly so throughout the BETAs as well.

Looking forward to another situation where EU servers are stuck at 14hr wait times because BW think 5 English Servers is going to service ALL of Europe.

It is somewhat a shame that they did not do the EU and US waves separately.

actually, doing that would makes sense

and why dot hey even do french and german servers? 90%+ of EU understand english

Edited by Fentz

Sadly we wont get any new invites till.....

3PM CET !!!

At least population on all EU Servers is light. So they can bring another 20 people right at 3pm!

When those stopped playing, we perhaps see a second wave for another 20 peeps!

Personalserver 4tw :)

*includes doses of sarcasm*

The server regions should have been done seperate in their prime times. However BW have made it abundantly clear the EU is going to get shafted at every turn.

The amount of servers the EU get is pathetic and has remained consistantly so throughout the BETAs as well.

Looking forward to another situation where EU servers are stuck at 14hr wait times because BW think 5 English Servers is going to service ALL of Europe.

I have a little confidence in server capacity and all.

What keeps worrying me is their lack of "worldwide oriented messaging"

Everything they say is directed at US people, and for US people, It is as if we are second rate customers, who adly, pay 3 times the money the US people have to. It just does not feel right.

BW clearly expect the majority of players to be in the East US and have put the most servers there.

In which case... why the *********** hell did you waste time putting servers elsewhere ? Would be much simpler if BW made a universal clock on their site that can be referenced for times.

That way if BW say something will be done at XX game time which the clock syncs with EVERYONE will know what time that is automatically.

European players might as well pack up and go to the East US cause Europe is always going to be treated like garbage with limited servers and second rate support.

I wonder how many English EU players will play US servers :jawa_confused:

I did it for 8 years on previous MMOs, but if you want to raid it gets tricky, that's why I switched to English EU servers :(

I just hope they'll enforce the English language in general chat, now I don't mind the occasional non English question, but having general chat spammed in various different languages is mildly annoying :p

EU has 20 English Servers. 42 total.

I realize exaggeration is par for the course on the internet, but you could try to be more subtle about it.

On another note, I'm so glad they are being so careful on these rollouts. Seeing as virtually every server is at 'Light' population levels. Yes, sarcasm intended. :p

Edited by revial

actually, doing that would makes sense

and why dot hey even do french and german servers? 90%+ of EU understand english

Maybe because there is a high percentage of german speaking ppl in the EU? Germany has the highest population in Europe, not to mention Austria and Switzerland (although their German language might sound a bit different ;) ) and countries like the Netherlands, where kids learn German in elementary school.

Similar for French, which is not just spoken in France but also in Switzerland or Belgium...

They just serve the customers. Do you think they would put so much effort in making localized versions of the game, when there are actually no servers that support that language? xD