Sorc changes for 5.9.2?

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a list of class changes for 5.9.2? Didn't see any announcements about such a thing.

If crit bonuses are gonna get boosted back up to what they were before they got nerfed, I sense a lot of "global"s in the future :p

wait...really?:eek:
I was thinking this might actually matter but upon looking it up see that they already have 10% so it's not going to do much, at least in pvp

it would be a welcome change though - lightning "burst" is bleh. I'm curious if there are any other class changes to sorcs or other classes we weren't told about either now though

Edited by yellow_

I was thinking this might actually matter but upon looking it up see that they already have 10% so it's not going to do much, at least in pvp

it would be a welcome change though - lightning "burst" is bleh. I'm curious if there are any other class changes to sorcs or other classes we weren't told about either now though

they're actually at 5% not 10%:p it was 10 pre 5.5 so if this is true i think 15% might actually be decent after all....

That's great I been saying a new meta of burst ought to be considered.

With all the overpowered DCDs running rampant now, having some classes with ultra burst would be fun. Of course this probably won't make them have ultra burst, but it's better than nothing.

This shows complaints about lightning sorcs has been listened to and acted on. Thanks devs!

I was teasing, sorry, I have no idea what they have or haven't got planned. They have a 5% bonus now(nerfed some time ago) so 15% would be nice, they'd prob have to adjust the damage of other abilities to balance the sustained but crit bonus is how I would fix the spec, so it would actually be a burst spec.

Edited by Romeugues

I was teasing, sorry, I have no idea what they have or haven't got planned. They have a 5% bonus now(nerfed some time ago) so 15% would be nice, they'd prob have to adjust the damage of other abilities to balance the sustained but crit bonus is how I would fix the spec, so it would actually be a burst spec.

I agree. Atleast something in the right direction. I welcome any change lightning will get, as dps buff goes. As long there won't be too much. We know how it usually goes. BW overdo it and we'll have another 200 forum threads of "nerf sorcs" from "delete class from the game".

A sorc in dps spec should be the proper class cannon. Cloth squishy but with good burst to compensate. Yeah I know bubble, PW and w/e but we are still paper armor. With both of the DR passive utilities it's not too bad but overall I stand by my words.

Considering the instant 35k crits from mercs HSM and 100% crit on ambush from MM snipers, which you can't interrupt vs TB 22k ish crits (using adrenals and 2min recklessness) and can interrupted quite easy. But again, as a lightning sorc I welcome any change that will increase the fluff we do currently. Again yeah I know some have cleared all NiM with the spec, talking in general for PvP.

Not to mention we also need to put affliction on our targets for crits, another gcd. Something the other 2 ranged don't need and snipers 1min 100% proc is off the gcd so it doesn't count.

Edited by vXCozmoz

How have you confirmed this?

Should be easy, I am almost certain that it is written in the utility that grants that bonus.

Btw, the easiest way to test if tank shielding changes got implemented is to use auto-crit on a sin tank (best shield) and see if it sometimes works. The shortest CD on auto-crit is a deception sin using recklessness (2 crits kinda guaranteed, even though it is only 60%) and resetting combat if it wasn't shielded. [Thundering blast is NOT a good test because it deals internal damage]

You bastard. :D

P.S. I hate you rofl.

But if anything I sure hope this becomes some sort of reality. Sorc DPS need help especially lightning. Make this iconic class PVP-worthy again, it's been far too long for this class to be a joke in the WZs!

#Savethesorcs

But if anything I sure hope this becomes some sort of reality. Sorc DPS need help especially lightning. Make this iconic class PVP-worthy again, it's been far too long for this class to be a joke in the WZs!

#Savethesorcs

Wait for 5.9.2 for that. Lightning becomes one of the best anti-tank for his auto-critting internal damage remaining among the few auto-crits that can never be shielded (along with volatile substance, which auto-crits from set bonus, so it is less often). Thundering blast will become the surest way to damage a real tank (along with most DoTs but tanks can opt to have purge, or be sins and have it anyway). We might see an increase in the lightning population for that reason alone.