Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drewser
01.18.2012 , 10:40 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by ArmoredJuneBug View Post
If you get an artifact UT mission that requires 340 skill, sure. As that's the only thing you get from Slicing worth anywhere near that amount.

That adds precious little to the average returns from Slicing missions, however.

The lockboxes are barely breaking even and certainly not on high-yield missions. Even the premium or prototype lockboxes from crits on high-yield missions provide roughly the same amount as the standard ones from low-yield missions.
Wrong - 340 UT, TH, BioA and Arch all sell for over 20k on my server and plenty of 300s are selling for 15k plus.

Lockboxes are no where near just "barely breaking even".

Dosma
01.18.2012 , 11:14 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadeneye View Post
I think they listened, I'm getting more credits again. 4.5k from a green lockbox, 3 times in a row. Not sure if it's a bug or anything.
Yea I think they might have. It looks like average yield on lockboxes has been tweeked up a bit. Maybe it's just getting lucky but after a mornings worth of slicing it seems like its been buffed back a touch. Hooray!

IamthegreatM
01.18.2012 , 11:17 AM | #273
So far, seems like it was buffed a bit; working with just two companions, I've made just over 8K in 40 minutes; not that great, but at least it's making (decent) money now, especially for a 22.

Alegebra
01.18.2012 , 11:58 AM | #274
Confirming they buffed it. Pulled 7k out of a green box. That's never happened before.

ArmoredJuneBug
01.18.2012 , 12:19 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
Wrong - 340 UT, TH, BioA and Arch all sell for over 20k on my server and plenty of 300s are selling for 15k plus.
Multiple random factors (crit/specific item/specific server) aligning to make one particular mission run doesn't mean that Slicing missions are profitable overall.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
Lockboxes are no where near just "barely breaking even".
Averaging a couple of hundred credits back from half-hour missions isn't worth the time or effort, thus 'barely breaking even'.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadeneye View Post
I think they listened, I'm getting more credits again. 4.5k from a green lockbox, 3 times in a row. Not sure if it's a bug or anything.
Was this from a high-yield mission?

If so that's good news, as that might make those meaningful to run again.

ArmoredJuneBug
01.19.2012 , 04:21 AM | #276
I haven't had the time to fiddle around a lot with Slicing after the 1.1 patch and I certainly don't have enough results to offer any conclusive statistics, given that I've had a crit in 3 out of 5 missions.

That said...

I hate to say it but unless my results are an anomaly they may have buffed high-yield missions too much. *sigh*

Time will tell, I'm sure.

Anticasper
01.19.2012 , 04:36 AM | #277
As long as you take bountiful and rich missions you will most probably earn a profit now.
Good job Bioware.

MnMrMustard
01.19.2012 , 04:27 PM | #278
We have been nerfed again, looks like harder than 1.1.

BW, slicing has gone from being the least profitable gathering skill, at launch others made more via GTN, to being COMPLETELY USELESS!
MnMrMustard

PhoR
01.19.2012 , 04:38 PM | #279
Again, comparisons of straight credit rewards to what you can make selling items to other players on the GTN (for which prices can fluctuate wildly) are completely and utterly irrelevant.

If you do not understand why, please do everyone a favor and sign up for a remedial economics class at your local community college learning annex.

ı≡≡≡≡≡≡ıı₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Mountebank
01.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #280
I can attest to this observation. I agree that yesterday was simply too good, but today is harsher than before.

Prior to yesterday, I saw a return on my Slicing missions. Not an immense one, but some profit at least. I accomplished this by maximizing my chances: 400 Slicing, only doing Rich or Bountiful missions (or Slicing missions when I found them), and making sure to only use companions with affection over 5k. On average I'd see a decent profit but nothing brow-raising.

Today, however, I'm seeing losses more than I'm seeing profits. For example:

Mission cost of 2025, premium (green) lockbox reward: 1946.
Mission cost of 1930, premium (green) lockbox reward: 1867.

These observations are over about 3 hours today. I'm getting profits sometimes, but probably about only every 3 or 4 out of 10 boxes (unless I crit).

This seems a bit much of a nerf now in response to yesterday's buff.

Also, can our companions' replies when returning with missions be at least a little accurate? I'm tired of them saything things like, "What can I say? Bad day at work." and seeing a surprisingly good reward, and then to turn around and say something like, "Results, as promised." and come back with a loss or an outright failure.

Loving the game still, but rather frustrated with:

1) the stealth buffing, nerfing. I mean c'mon; there are patch notes for a reason.

2) the ambiguity and unreliableness of current Slicing system.