Game to easy

PanzerVPanther

Hello everyone, I hope I'm not the only one who thought since Kotfe the gameplay (combat and difficulty) have gotten incredibly easy. I find no challenge in playing the game when all the enemy's take around 10 seconds to kill. They used to be challenging fights where everything you did played into effect. It's now become "baby's first mmorpg". I'm wanting to continue playing this game, but with Kotfe done and no new operations (raids) and the game being easy, there is no joy when you kill a lvl 65 champion with your companion who can now become all specs. There is no challenge. Bring back the joy and challenge for this game.

I have the same feeling, while it is satisfying to cut through weak enemies with my light saber, it is completely another to face Arcann for the first time and not drop lower than 90% health because my companion is an overpowered healer. Then I am told, not shown, that he is way more powerful than me...

It used to be so satisfying facing a Champion level boss, to feel a real sense of danger and have to plan how to defeat them. Now I think nothing of facing several at a time knowing my comp will not let me drop below 80-90%.

But then again most people I've spoken to in game seem to like this change, so maybe we are a minority. I do miss it though...

Edited by RoryHargreaves

In many respects the game has lost that "I need to calculate my next move" feel awhile ago; the revamp to the companions just dumbed it down even farther.

However! Should you wish to have that challenge again - spec healer, and set your companion to tank. -smirk- Like watching paint dry on the DPS output.

Turn your comp off heal role. If that isn't enough, disable some of their abilities.

Even then the comps are still uber. We need new OP content, new FPs, etc, etc. They are too busy being focused on the next story in which NPC's will continue to control your options... makes the game stale at best!!

The game has got to the point where you can do something else entirely while playing and still proceed, so... Yeah. Easy. :rolleyes:

It's been a while since things have become like that, and I even took the habit to read a book while I play. I focus on it, and pretty much let my companion alone to deal with mobs. I can have it chain 3-4 mobs and deal with them in due time, alone. Then I trigger a cutscene, watch it, pick my answers and it's back to comp fighting again. :p

It's one of the reasons I only sub when there's new content, now. I've been a loyal subscriber for ages, save for when I was forced to take breaks, but now there's no point anymore. :eek:

I allowed my sub drop last January and resubbed for a couple of months total now just to see the final KotFE chapter, and have the story arc available. Then I'll let it drop again and (maybe) resub for a month or two after KotET is fully released, to see that too. There's literally nothing that makes me need to focus on the game anymore, except story - all my friends left the game and I'm not keen on joining with those I don't know on a regular basis, so I play solo or pug. I once enjoyed testing my limits by trying harder content every time, but now that's a moot point... :o

And given the episodic structure, keeping the sub going for 30-40 minutes tops of gameplay a month is rather stupid. Vanity subscriber rewards don't cut it, as far as I'm concerned. :(

Stop playing then.

Hardmode fps and hard mode ops are where the challenge is at.

If you have a 30+ influence companion and all the datacrons, you should be able to tear through anything short of

a HM FP or OP with ease.

That's the point of the legacy system - to reward long time players.

Story content, dailies, and heroics are supposed to be easy and fast. They are menial, time wasting content.

I'll say again, if you don't like the ease of daily content, stop playing.

Solo content is meant to be easy and fast.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Stop playing then.

Hardmode fps and hard mode ops are where the challenge is at.

If you have a 30+ influence companion and all the datacrons, you should be able to tear through anything short of

a HM FP or OP with ease.

That's the point of the legacy system - to reward long time players.

Story content, dailies, and heroics are supposed to be easy and fast. They are menial, time wasting content.

I'll say again, if you don't like the ease of daily content, stop playing.

Solo content is meant to be easy and fast.

I still like to see where the story goes. And I didn't say anything about wanting a challenge. I'd settle for the need to watch what happens on the screen, tbh. :rolleyes:

As a side note, yes, the Legacy System is there to reward long time players. I know that, and I already maxed its level ages ago. I skipped datacrons though, except the easy ones. I never liked platforming in this game. :p

The rewards are not that great, but that's a topic for another time. Here, I was commenting on how mindlessly easy the game has become in my opinion. ;)

Seeing at how ppl who can spam the basic attack, not have a clue how their class play, not understand how to gear up (talking about the basics here, min-maxing is another thing) or even how the game works, and still get through to higher difficulty level thresholds is not a small problem. :eek:

It used to work like this, once:

- You play through content.

- You find a boss, which requires you to take a specific contermeasure to defeat - use of Defensive Cooldowns, Interrupts, Mezzes or even just kiting come in mind. Nothing too serious, just enough to get a hold of a concept.

- You proceed to harder content where what you learned previously can be of help, if not necessary to get through.

- Rinse and repeat.

Now, steps 2 and 3 are pretty much non existant, and you can see the results in all sort of content.

Max lvl characters in Warzones with gear completely off the mark - wrong secondary stats, wrong set bonuses for those who bought PvP sets, or simple lack of equipment parts in general. Or, just spamming the basic attack and literally nothing else.

Ppl joining HM FPs with gear so low rated they barely have two secondary stats a piece. I know, bolster. But that shows they didn't even try.

Ppl trying to form teams for Ops that when going in only spam the basic attack, ignore any sort of sign the enemies are about to unleash a powerful attack - telegraphs on the floor, circles, you name it - and still manage not to understand that's the problem.

And there's of course the aggressiveness. Because naturally, when you get used to facerolling on the keyboard and proceeding, it's unconceivable that you have to put in some effort. It's far easier to cry nerf, cheat or glitch. Or call others names, because if they're around and things aren't easy as in solo mode, it has to be their fault, right? :rolleyes:

At least, this is what I see in game ever since simplification became the trend. :cool:

Don't take it personally, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else in any way. I just took your post as a hook to further elaborate on what I meant in my previous one. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same feeling, while it is satisfying to cut through weak enemies with my light saber, it is completely another to face Arcann for the first time and not drop lower than 90% health because my companion is an overpowered healer. Then I am told, not shown, that he is way more powerful than me...

It used to be so satisfying facing a Champion level boss, to feel a real sense of danger and have to plan how to defeat them. Now I think nothing of facing several at a time knowing my comp will not let me drop below 80-90%.

But then again most people I've spoken to in game seem to like this change, so maybe we are a minority. I do miss it though...

By the time you hit chapter 16, our character is more powerful than everyone. Second only to Valkorian. Lana comments on it.

Edited by cool-dude

Yip spot on, when you get to the point you don't need to play to progress i.e. let your op companion do it for you its too easy.

Although bioware keep saying everything is great and its their best / most popular expansion ever I would just say then why have the fleet populations tanked? because they have. I suspect they might have more different people playing but they are probably logging once a month for an hour to complete the 30 min story line and not much else which is not good for the game, since it meant to be an MMO

They really need to pull their finger out like square enix did with ffxiv and release new raids, new pvp maps and new story every 3-4 months and the amount they produce in terms of story alone in one of those patches is more than what bioware have done in the last year. Anyway ffxiv is the model of what we should get as the game should be catering to questers, raiders and pvpers and not just one group at a time although tbf they have never concentrated on the poor pvpers.

Oh and minus master and blaser and revan there is no challenge in the HM ops :p.

For those saying the only challenge should be Hardmodes and operations, ask yourself this. If a person has no knowledge of what he or she is doing how do you think that is going to go over in hardmodes? Some people may understand but a majority will not especially if they don't even have the appropriate gear to start. A lot are used to their companions doing everything so they don't even half-ways attempt to get the right gear and then they go to flashpoints and operations expecting people just to over look their gear and they don't even listen when people try to explain.

So if there is no challenge before they get to this how will they learn since half of them will not even listen.

The changes feel great. It is not a mindless and tedious grind-fest as before... And as any other MMORPG...

I find just the opposite. Having zero challenge is what makes a fight feel mindless and tedious, and this game has never, ever been a grind-fest unless you are chasing achievements.

Surprisingly, I've found it the exact opposite from Gemini onwards and I daresay that I struggled in Mandalore's Revenge a little too at first. Play through gemini with a level 2 scorpio or senya and you'll feel the burn. I was dead within a minute and was so stuck on my healer IA. Mara and jedi sentinels as well as sorcs do not struggle there with their high dmg/shields and speed. The game tries to ensure that even if your companions are low level that the chapters are still finishable so yes, you are going to have a super easy time with a high level companion. When you can, switch the companion out for a low level one for difficulty.

Maybe we should have instances in the form of difficulty levels. Like how there is a pve and pvp focus. Have a focus for each difficulty level, and have these instances only be available inside story content. So, if you want to ramp up the difficulty, you can switch to hard or whatever, and have more of a challenge. Edited by cool-dude

• 2 weeks later...

Single player is supposed to be easy. You are supposed to be the hero who overcomes all odds. It is really dumb to be a level 65 jedi/sith lord who gets killed by a generic robot.

See, they made stuff hard for you, it's called Multiplayer...

If you want a real challenge go do SoR HM flashpoints. once you fail on them for a while, you'll come crying back here that the game is too hard.

HM flashpoints are the dumbest thing in the game. some are ridiculously easy, others are ridiculously hard. reward is terrible......but hey, some are really freaking hard.

Yes the game is too easy, it has become easier since people were whining on the forums that its too hard. Then Bioware swapped focus to STORY TELLING so that means you can focus on the story, now you cant have difficult fights that would hinder you from moving on in your story now, would you?

If you want hard stuff the scalled NiM operation are still quite a bit of a challange. Once you get into it, its a routine and also becomes too easy, but till you get there you will have your challange.