New Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer is out.

supersappe

That Asian force-guy, no lightsaber, but uses a staff. I'm excited to see non-lightsaber force wielders on the main screen. It feels like the vast majority of people who are Star Wars fans think the Jedi and the Sith are the only force using groups when, truly, they aren't even the largest ones.

There are entire races of people who are force sensitives, they just don't affiliate themselves with a galactic power. He's probably a former Jedi or something, but I am still excited to see them step into that direction, even if it's just a pinky.

Thanks so much for sharing this, truly an awesome reveal!

This looks pretty freaking great - yeah, I may end up disappointed if I get my hopes up too high, but heck with it, I'm fully on board the hype-train for this movie. Both trailers have looked fantastic.

That Asian force-guy, no lightsaber, but uses a staff. I'm excited to see non-lightsaber force wielders on the main screen. It feels like the vast majority of people who are Star Wars fans think the Jedi and the Sith are the only force using groups when, truly, they aren't even the largest ones.

There are entire races of people who are force sensitives, they just don't affiliate themselves with a galactic power. He's probably a former Jedi or something, but I am still excited to see them step into that direction, even if it's just a pinky.

Thanks so much for sharing this, truly an awesome reveal!

Minor character concept spoilers:

You might be a bit disappointed if you go in thinking Donnie Yen's character is going to be a Non-Jedi who is still a Force-User, because it's been reported that he's pretty much the opposite: a Non-Force-User who is still a pseudo-Jedi. He's from a planet (moon?) that reveres the Jedi and he's a follower of their philosophy and teachings, even though he isn't Force-Sensitive himself.

I believe we will be able to see some non-Jedi/Sith Force action soon, though. Apparently the Collector's Edition Blue-Ray for The Force Awakens includes a deleted scene of Maz Kanata using the Force against the First Order Stormtroopers - and she explicitly says she's no Jedi in that movie.

Edited by DarthDymond

Minor character concept spoilers:

You might be a bit disappointed if you go in thinking Donnie Yen's character is going to be a Non-Jedi who is still a Force-User, because it's been reported that he's pretty much the opposite: a Non-Force-User who is still a pseudo-Jedi. He's from a planet (moon?) that reveres the Jedi and he's a follower of their philosophy and teachings, even though he isn't Force-Sensitive himself.

Yeah, I would tend to agree, he may be from the same religious order to which Lor San Tekka (Max Von Sydow's character in TFA) belonged.

Perhaps a canonization of Teras Kasi is coming?

As a Star Wars movie fan, I did not feel excitement until the very end of the trailer. Darth Vader will likely not play a big part in the movie, because he would steal the movie, and people would not care about the other characters. Edited by cool-dude

I'm actually looking forward to this more than the mainline sequels. The first sequel was great and I look forward to the next one, but it is nice to take a step back and see things from the view of the "little people" (aka, not the primary mainline heros) who in some way helped the main heroes accomplish victory. Plus the main character looks totally cool, and seems to fit my favorite kind of hero trope. Someone who did not initially sign up to help, and doesn't initially care to join, but was roped into helping the good guys and actually shifts the tide that leads to success...Basically a Han Solo-like character.