Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Diha's Avatar


Diha
02.12.2021 , 03:34 AM | #311
Hello,

I suggest a change for the Planetary Conquest that would be like this:

In the 1st day of Conquest (1st 24 hours) it would be a secret which guild targets which planet. Each guild will have an opportunity to choose from random 3 planets - small, medium and large yield - so there will be no agreement between guilds possible who takes which planet (this is something that is already probably happening now). In case that some guild will not be satisfied with possible targets, there will be a possibility of change (only 1 time per Conquest) and within the 1st 48 hours after start of the Conquest, but this change would be costly: large amount of material and/or crafted items. I can imagine this cost in range of even 1 billion, depending on he size of the guild where ratio of character alts in last 30 days applies and it would require War Supplies and/or many Invasion Forces. I would leave this open to discurrion and any suggestion. Anyway in case the guild decides to change the target planet, it gets again possibility to pick from another 3 options - Small, Medium and Large yield - and again all 3 random.

Now why I'm proposing this? Well... You earn credits ingame from any activity (quests, killing mobs, Counquest tasks, etc. etc. ...) and this raises costs of everything. Current inflation starts to be too high. Yes, I remember times when hypercrate's cost was 5M credits. Now it doesn't get under 500M - and we have a cap of 1B in GTN - so we are significantly closing in. The other thing is that crafters would have again some goal and purpose - even for the Conquest. And then you could raise the conquest points for destroying 10 Invasion Forces (increase of material consumption ingame + possibility to strategize and again to gie a feel to crafter that YOU DO CARE about them). Today's points for destroying 10 Invasion Forces are just a bad joke and I don't believe someone really uses to destroy them for such small amount of points or even tries to craft Invastion Force for this task due to required time and materials/credits. BTW have you even tried to craft the Invasion Force from the scratch - how many time it takes and how many material? If someone still doesn't like this... well you can always lower the critical for crafting or raise the crafting time. Everything is better than just remove the infitive conquest task and change it to daily....

Dear devs, thank you for reading this and for your reponse.

Diha

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
02.12.2021 , 06:54 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Diha View Post
Hello,

I suggest a change for the Planetary Conquest that would be like this:

In the 1st day of Conquest (1st 24 hours) it would be a secret which guild targets which planet. Each guild will have an opportunity to choose from random 3 planets - small, medium and large yield - so there will be no agreement between guilds possible who takes which planet (this is something that is already probably happening now). In case that some guild will not be satisfied with possible targets, there will be a possibility of change (only 1 time per Conquest) and within the 1st 48 hours after start of the Conquest, but this change would be costly: large amount of material and/or crafted items. I can imagine this cost in range of even 1 billion, depending on he size of the guild where ratio of character alts in last 30 days applies and it would require War Supplies and/or many Invasion Forces. I would leave this open to discurrion and any suggestion. Anyway in case the guild decides to change the target planet, it gets again possibility to pick from another 3 options - Small, Medium and Large yield - and again all 3 random.

Now why I'm proposing this? Well... You earn credits ingame from any activity (quests, killing mobs, Counquest tasks, etc. etc. ...) and this raises costs of everything. Current inflation starts to be too high. Yes, I remember times when hypercrate's cost was 5M credits. Now it doesn't get under 500M - and we have a cap of 1B in GTN - so we are significantly closing in. The other thing is that crafters would have again some goal and purpose - even for the Conquest. And then you could raise the conquest points for destroying 10 Invasion Forces (increase of material consumption ingame + possibility to strategize and again to gie a feel to crafter that YOU DO CARE about them). Today's points for destroying 10 Invasion Forces are just a bad joke and I don't believe someone really uses to destroy them for such small amount of points or even tries to craft Invastion Force for this task due to required time and materials/credits. BTW have you even tried to craft the Invasion Force from the scratch - how many time it takes and how many material? If someone still doesn't like this... well you can always lower the critical for crafting or raise the crafting time. Everything is better than just remove the infitive conquest task and change it to daily....

Dear devs, thank you for reading this and for your reponse.

Diha
This wouldn't change guilds from agreeing who will take what planets. That can be agreed to by Discord chat's with Direct messages from multiple guild leaders. Changing planets once you've picked one shouldn't really happen, so if your trying to use this as a credit sink, it won't work anyway.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
02.13.2021 , 09:22 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
This wouldn't change guilds from agreeing who will take what planets. That can be agreed to by Discord chat's with Direct messages from multiple guild leaders.
Buf it you don't know what planets will be chosen? If you have 3 random planets per yield, you wouldn't be able to "fairly" distribute the planets. You can't say "Taris", if you don't even know if Taris will be available. Or you can. But would you?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
02.13.2021 , 12:59 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Buf it you don't know what planets will be chosen? If you have 3 random planets per yield, you wouldn't be able to "fairly" distribute the planets. You can't say "Taris", if you don't even know if Taris will be available. Or you can. But would you?
Of course you would. 1 GL looks when he logs in. Sends out Direct messages to other guild leaders in Discord Direct messaging. Then they quickly decide, and agree on which planets to take for each guild.

If you think this doesn't happen already, your mistaken.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

tigrina's Avatar


tigrina
02.13.2021 , 08:40 PM | #315
I am no fan of 'daily resource' only tbh. I'm in a very small guild that didn't do any conquest the first 10 years or so because guild ships were way too expensive so it simply didn't happen. But back in those days I could make all my gear and make the item mods 'n stuff and I was happy with it. GTN prices were fairly okay for the most part too.

That changed at some point so I got the ships and now there are quibbles over **** that large guilds pull and we're going back to conquests getting impossible for small guilds, it seems.

Except that I need those gathering items that you get from conquests objectives to make gear with. It's not as hugely ridiculous as Ossus crafting was (as that was so terrible I just quit the game after I played through the story update, as there was zero other game fun for me to be had), but the whole idea that regular players make that much money is just... off. I'm sure hardcore players and GTN experts gained wealth over the years. Also other players do the stuff I can't physically do, more power to them. Literally! They can make those legendaries, and they earned them. But don't assume the rest of us is happy with the parts we can do if there is literally not a thing left.

The problem here is that the economy is so off the rails that you can't even talk about it in a normal manner anymore. I did some crafting for a long time player the other week who didn't have over 12 milion to their name.

Which circles back to me needing those mats. I'd need to invest several millions to make one (1) item with crafting if I don't get those conquest mats. I am already unable to get PvP and operation mats myself *. That's fine, I am really not even talking about crafting legendaries or something. I don't need them for what I do so I don't consider it that bad they are out of reach. I just want to make everything else tho, so I need those conquest mats. Is it really too much to ask to keep this possible?

* I can't do multi person stuff like operations or pvp with the terrible shiny **** other people can do with tunings and other irrelevant but terrible-for-me """updates""" (this goes for making spells 'more shiny' and that annoying giggle too, while I'm at it), the absolute unnecessary lack of a simple option to turn screen shakes off and more of those details.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
02.21.2021 , 05:35 PM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by tigrina View Post
/Snip
There's a few things about this post.
Yes, the crafting nerfs are going to affect the smaller guilds who rely on the extra oomph it gives them, we mentioned this when the thread was first brought out (on a friday, when there were no mods around ....but I think that may have been mentioned) The thread went nuclear and eventually was locked. Since then the CM's have completely ignored the issue, like they usually do, and are still planning on instigating the changes. Again, these changes have nothing to do with stopping botting, or cheating in any way. Again it's a way to pander to the bigger guilds, or maybe certain people who are in them...

I've switched to doing GSF, just enough to get the big CQ points, but it can be done while doing others stuff, and I don't have the issues of gathering mats, crafting, stocking up on others stuff, etc. Which is a shame, as I'm not a great GSF'r, and even though I try my best I'm probably a hindrance to my team, but as crafting has been F****d for me, I have to try other things, and GSF gives some great CQ points.


As for making credits
You don't have to be hardcore player, nor a GTN wizz to make money, it also doesn't take the ranked and NIM mats.
You can craft your way to a nice hefty wallet, crafting dyes, and other stuff, you just need patience. You can also gather, and resource mats to sell on the gtn. Plenty of people make a killing on the gtn doing just that, and once you start, you can use that as seed capitol to buy low price items, to then sell for higher profits.
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖
Long Live SWTOR!!!!