Why does Malgus not remember you?

ScrubbyBK

When Malgus returns in jedi under siege why does he say nothing about you killing him? My Sith Warrier killed him in the False Emporer flashpoint yet it's not mentioned by him and there are no dialogue options for it.

He used the Force to make you think he doesn't remember you, when in fact he does.

Didn't Malgus say something like "let bygones be Bygones", "Put our Differences /History behind us"? I thought I *Did remember him making a small No-longer Important type comment somewhere in the beginning. Some small comment mostly seeming to get past that and move on to the upcoming battle. Its a real pity either way that last few seconds back & forth with Malgus about the Empires change I've always thought was the best part of the Flashpoint, Also his comments when at "Malstrom Prison"

A True Patriot

Now all or most of those best parts are pushed aside for the minimal number of words and so Generic (to reduce dialog options to One) it falls into obscurity.

• Like 1

When Malgus returns in jedi under siege why does he say nothing about you killing him? My Sith Warrier killed him in the False Emporer flashpoint yet it's not mentioned by him and there are no dialogue options for it.

There's a bug that sometimes affects certain characters. It causes them to have the default dialogue options as if they never did False Emperor when they meet him. I'm not sure why if affects some characters and not others, there doesn't seem to be any patter that I've detected.

And if it still affects you then it sounds like Bioware hasn't dealt with it.

Edited by OldVengeance

I don't the dynamic between my toons and Malgus. I did not feel that we did not know each other, but still the whole "i'm the one that kill you" was not present, that really pisses me.

There's a bug that sometimes affects certain characters. It causes them to have the default dialogue options as if they never did False Emperor when they meet him. I'm not sure why if affects some characters and not others, there doesn't seem to be any patter that I've detected.

And if it still affects you then it sounds like Bioware hasn't dealt with it.

Mmmm, never hear of that. I even look at videos of people going for every possible dialogue choice to look for any reference that player chracter was the one that killed him and found nothing :(

If that's a bug then i'm even more pissed because i cannot repeat Ossus story.

BW can track perfectly whatever i choose in a very unimportant side quest in the starting planet(malora) but cannot track the ending of one of the main storylines?

Didn't Malgus say something like "let bygones be Bygones", "Put our Differences /History behind us"? I thought I *Did remember him making a small No-longer Important type comment somewhere in the beginning.

Darth Malgus isn't one to carry grudges around for a lifetime.

He has moved on, and so should you, OP. It's never helpful dredging up the past dwelling on the bad things that someone did!

If Malgus is to be a part of your life moving forward, it's best to forgive him and move on. GL with your relationship with Darth Malgus.

Edited by Lhancelot

Going through Ossus I think my characters have always had a conversation choice that was like "I thought I killed you" and at the end there's something like "I'm glad to have fought with you again." The player doesn't spend an hour talking about how they previously killed Malgus but in my experience there's always been something there.

Not in Felwithe or in Qeynos or in Faydark did he roam,

For the darth known as Malgus maintained Ilum for a home,

And while he may have met a lady all fine and rich and rare,

We've no sure way of knowing he invited someone there,

But he fought her in the wilds and fought her on the land,

And fought her on a log in the middle of Alderaan,

So if someone ever wonders why he cannot recollect,

Such simpletons as you (of no great intellect),

Take no great pains to ponder such a simple thing as true,

For the man fought someone far more fun...than someone such as you.

• Like 1

Not in Felwithe or in Qeynos or in Faydark did he roam,

For the darth known as Malgus maintained Ilum for a home,

And while he may have met a lady all fine and rich and rare,

We've no sure way of knowing he invited someone there,

But he fought her in the wilds and fought her on the land,

And fought her on a log in the middle of Alderaan,

So if someone ever wonders why he cannot recollect,

Such simpletons as you (of no great intellect),

Take no great pains to ponder such a simple thing as true,

For the man fought someone far more fun...than someone such as you.

haha, BRAVO! Well done, well done. English is not your first tongue, right?

I don't the dynamic between my toons and Malgus. I did not feel that we did not know each other, but still the whole "i'm the one that kill you" was not present, that really pisses me.

Mmmm, never hear of that. I even look at videos of people going for every possible dialogue choice to look for any reference that player chracter was the one that killed him and found nothing :(

If that's a bug then i'm even more pissed because i cannot repeat Ossus story.

BW can track perfectly whatever i choose in a very unimportant side quest in the starting planet(malora) but cannot track the ending of one of the main storylines?

Yeah it's here:

If you are bugged or didn't do False Emperor, you get the "Malora wasn't the only one who thought you were dead" option.

Republic characters' equivalent is after defeating Malora. Either they say "Malgus died years ago," to which Malora says "Apparently, it didn't take," or "Malgus is dead. I was there," to which Malora says "Apparently, you should have been more thorough."

• Like 1

He's remembered the characters I've brought through. He makes a couple of comments directly and I remember a couple that were more "read between the lines" comments.

The question might be--did you do the Battle of Ilum/False Emperor flashpoints as part of your official story progression through Ilum (The Prologue)? Or did you abandon those once the solo aspects were done in order to get off Ilum as fast as you could and did the flashpoints at any random point after that? Maybe there is a flag for those that specifically did it as part of the story.

He said different things to my merc (skipped the flashpoints as part of the Prologue) than he said to my sorc (completed the flashpoints as part of the Prologue), with words to differentiate between whether he was killed by the player directly or whether he was defeated by someone else, but he still acknowledged it.

He's remembered the characters I've brought through. He makes a couple of comments directly and I remember a couple that were more "read between the lines" comments.

The question might be--did you do the Battle of Ilum/False Emperor flashpoints as part of your official story progression through Ilum (The Prologue)? Or did you abandon those once the solo aspects were done in order to get off Ilum as fast as you could and did the flashpoints at any random point after that? Maybe there is a flag for those that specifically did it as part of the story.

He said different things to my merc (skipped the flashpoints as part of the Prologue) than he said to my sorc (completed the flashpoints as part of the Prologue), with words to differentiate between whether he was killed by the player directly or whether he was defeated by someone else, but he still acknowledged it.

I did the False Emperor Flashpoints long before the solos were available, he still didn't remember my Sith Warrior.

haha, BRAVO! Well done, well done. English is not your first tongue, right?

Thanks. I learned German, Dutch, and English approximately the same time but retain more English now than anything. I do want to go back to Heidelberg at some point, just to visit if nothing else. It's been 50+ years.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Yeah it's here:

If you are bugged or didn't do False Emperor, you get the "Malora wasn't the only one who thought you were dead" option.

Republic characters' equivalent is after defeating Malora. Either they say "Malgus died years ago," to which Malora says "Apparently, it didn't take," or "Malgus is dead. I was there," to which Malora says "Apparently, you should have been more thorough."

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

I did not got that choice (No grudge), and i would remeber because the other two choices would not work me neither of my toons.

I was mostly pissed off with the poor writing, now i'm pissed off at the bug :mad:

• Sad 1

Yeah it's here:

Additionally: Malora makes comments as to the "quality" of Malgus' existence. IIRC … the thought was more or less... he's alive … (more like a functioning life form) .

Sooo Malgus may or may not have all of his marbles lined up in a straight row ! (And a couple of them are chipped too !) That was kind of my take on it !

Edited by OlBuzzard

Thanks. I learned German, Dutch, and English approximately the same time but retain more English now than anything. I do want to go back to Heidelberg at some point, just to visit if nothing else. It's been 50+ years.

I have been to Heidelberg... I was in the army in Kaiserslautern. I traveled to Mannheim often for the night life, Ludwigshafen was a small town with good night clubs too lol.

Basically I was a club kid in the army, and went to many underground dance clubs in Germany, which was plenty they really had a cutting edge night life in the early 90s.

I loved Germany, everything was on time. The buses, the trains, everything is like clockwork there! That's what I like, consistency and structure which really seems to be the German way.

As for Malgus and Germany, I don't think there's any connection. :D

Darth Malgus isn't one to carry grudges around for a lifetime.

He has moved on, and so should you, OP. It's never helpful dredging up the past dwelling on the bad things that someone did!

If Malgus is to be a part of your life moving forward, it's best to forgive him and move on. GL with your relationship with Darth Malgus.

I want romance-able Darth Malgus with tons of flirt options. Imagine getting hot with him, I bet that even draw some old subs to return to the game for some time. Companion would even better.

I finally played Ossus on my agent yesterday. Took me a long time to get my agent to that point. I had just read this thread before my playthrough and paid close attention to the conversations with Malgus.

Malgus greets my agent with: "You..." and I took it as a "You, my murderer." and not e.g. as "You, the Alliance commander." However, there was no further specification. The rest of the conversation kinda felt like both sides tried to avoid the topic. At the end came some mocking from my side. Overall, my impression was that he knows very well, but he doesn't want to talk about it (OOC: due to the game limitations; one size fits all) and, more importantly, something far worse than being killed by my char, happened to him afterwards.

50+ years?!? :eek:

I finally played Ossus on my agent yesterday. Took me a long time to get my agent to that point. I had just read this thread before my playthrough and paid close attention to the conversations with Malgus.

Malgus greets my agent with: "You..." and I took it as a "You, my murderer." and not e.g. as "You, the Alliance commander." However, there was no further specification. The rest of the conversation kinda felt like both sides tried to avoid the topic. At the end came some mocking from my side. Overall, my impression was that he knows very well, but he doesn't want to talk about it (OOC: due to the game limitations; one size fits all) and, more importantly, something far worse than being killed by my char, happened to him afterwards.

50+ years?!? :eek:

Yes Very much. At a point after this there's another dialog about his return being "Not Good" and he replies "Pray that you don't". I took that as a "Don't end up like my fate" insinuating Acina is not making his return very accommodating (Slave). This I see as the SWTOR version of Darth Vaders plight to Lord Sidious.

This dynamic including Malora and her interaction with Malgus makes a good setting for my inquisitor's constant Scheming and Conniving to get her Council chair back.

https://imgur.com/JESNdUX

Shards of the Past

The Plan...

Find whatever laboratory or cave Malora has crawled into to continue her passion for creating deadly abominations she can command. Since she's currently on the outs in the Sith and Empire nobody important will care what happens here. Fight through her colony of drones/warriors to discover her latest form (Dryad type creature with Mechanical augments). She would have a number of guarding Praetorian type members. Kill all of them then finally Bombard the site from orbit to end that forever.

Later as the new war goes on there will be opportunities to talk with Malgus to discuss his attitude about what went wrong before, the Sith Empire now plus his current being. During those talks I would offer Malgus the opportunity to not only free himself but destroy Acina insuring the Sith and himself are never commanded by such a weakling again. (Acina didn't clear out the Arcanum, the Sith inquisitor did and likely Malgus was used to destroy Acina's competition during the Zakuul conflict further making her ascension easier, not worthy of a Sith leader). Malgus would announce his return to Acina *Plus the Leader of the Alliance that defeated the Zakuul threat (somebody she's long sought for an allegiance). With the announcement we would simply walk in all the way to Acina's office without delay.

After a short discussion Acina thinks is her gaining the Alliance My Inquisitor and Malgus attack. Acina isn't strong, but she is Smart so Storm Trooper and Droid guards immediately run in in high numbers. Eventually Acina again being smart ducks back into a panel nobody knew was a door, the door has a code only accessible from her desk (OOCly its a Puzzle to figure out, The quicker its solved the less guards later on. Once outside Acina is standing next to her imperial shuttle with more Guards (this is Star Wars). Eventually Acina is killed then Malgus turns to speak. The Inquisitor states "Yes, I did offer you back your freedom and you did hold up your end of this deal" Searching Acina you find a small transmitter (which looks alot like the one used to control Vettes collar) and its done, Malgus does stand a bit Taller and speaking proudly like before says he feels his strength is restored back like when he sacked Coruscant.

After the conversation has stopped and Malgus saying he has places to go and starts off, My inquisitors Light Saber Fires and is Thrust through his back, Malgus looks down seeing the blade and mutters "Well Played Sith, well played" as Malgus lays there the S.I. says "I offered you back your freedom and I haven't changed my mind from before, you die as a Free Man, "The Great Darth Malgus". Seconds later as more Storm Troopers, Officers and Droid Guards pour in weapons ready the Sith simply states "Darth Malgus rebelled against his captor, with his cybernetic enhancements and vast knowledge of the force he managed to kill Acina before I could stop him". Later on the inquisitor meets with Vowrawn and states "Acina is gone, Malora is lost and I, am back to resume my seat at the council, I bring the Alliance those that chose to come, the Sith Council Leaders chair is yours, I have no need for that". Vowrawn nods as he gives you a long look then takes the Highest Chair...

Edited by MikeCobalt

• 4 years later...
On 10/10/2019 at 2:27 PM, OldVengeance said:

Yeah it's here:

I got the bugged version.  So damn annoying.  Pretty damn significant event; you defeating and seemingly killing Malgus only for him to come back and the game not recognize that at all is a joke and a sign of how poorly run this game is.  content pushed as much as possible for cheap as possible put out at the minimum possible to keep milking subs as much as possible.  

On 10/11/2019 at 9:08 AM, JattaGin said:

IMalgus greets my agent with: "You..." and I took it as a "You, my murderer." and not e.g. as "You, the Alliance commander." However, there was no further specification. The rest of the conversation kinda felt like both sides tried to avoid the topic. At the end came some mocking from my side. Overall, my impression was that he knows very well, but he doesn't want to talk about it (OOC: due to the game limitations; one size fits all) and, more importantly, something far worse than being killed by my char, happened to him afterwards.

"due to game limitations; one size fits all"

That is a developer limitation, not a game limitation.  If they can't properly track significant events like you completed a flashpoint in which you defeat one of the games main characters since launch.  All RPGs that have choice have a limit in how they can play out cutscenes and dialogue to account for many variables, choices, paths not taken etc.  Good games with good writing and proper dialogue flags will do a good job of hiding this limitation.  great games make a convincing illusion of choice and consequences when in most cases there is few.  Bad games will either be lazy and make all dialogue and cutscenes as generic as they can so they don't have to bother with the variables and flags at all; or they will have broken mechanics that pop wrong flags or don't flag things properly.  SWTOR is a game that has both problems to an extreme high level.  Like no AAA game that also charges you a monthly fee can justify being run this poorly. 

My recommendation to all, stop subbing.  I only sub for a couple of months every few years.  Last time I played was 2016.  I come in to check if the game got any better and check out the expansions (stories) on my main.  and this time has been the same as the last, I was unimpressed and dropped my sub and now will only play until the time runs out for what I already paid for.  I recommend everyone do this.  Either they will get better to try to attract new subs, go free to play, or close shop.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:54 AM, ShieldProtection said:

I want romance-able Darth Malgus with tons of flirt options. Imagine getting hot with him,

Eleena Daru  would 10/10 not recommend