Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

Einobi

Yeah. Adding RNG as the major component means the grind can be stretched out even longer. It's just a lazy unimaginative way to try to keep players busy. The problem is the more RNG you add, the less fun it becomes.

I guess RNG is like salt. It's ok in small amounts, but if you add too much, or make it the main staple of the meal it's going to be awful. RNG is salt.

I like the analogy !! Well said !!

This is a poll question. Just type Yes or No will suffice in your post (further comment of what class and other issues are not necessary). This will show the customer demand for a new class in future SWTOR.

oh look another user not using the search feature to find new class threads. The poll is irrelivent and if you bothered to go read those threads you'd find a number of people explain why like they have here. I can't answer to either unless Bioware publicly state they are open to the idea.

I understand that implementation is near impossible at this point, but of course I would. I'm a solo player; I came for the story content, and I'm staying for it as well. The prospect of getting another, considerably longer thread added to the story sounds invigorating to me, especially since class stories are a more unique experience than the bottlenecked story line of KOTFE/ET.

At this point of time, I just want to add to the discussion that we should not box ourselves within the confine and constraint of our assumption. For example, new class does not necessarily mean COMBAT class. It could be a Trader class, Salvaging Class, Crafter Class etc etc. What it will be, how it will be delivered, how much it cost to develop, will it be balanced (if it is combat class) etc etc are not the focus of the poll. The poll just want to ask do you want a new CLASS? Yes or No. Don't even need to give any reason for your answer.

At this point of time, I just want to add to the discussion that we should not box ourselves within the confine and constraint of our assumption. For example, new class does not necessarily mean COMBAT class. It could be a Trader class, Salvaging Class, Crafter Class etc etc. What it will be, how it will be delivered, how much it cost to develop, will it be balanced (if it is combat class) etc etc are not the focus of the poll. The poll just want to ask do you want a new CLASS? Yes or No. Don't even need to give any reason for your answer.

I'd like to see how a game incorporates a trade/crafting class. I never played such a game, I only played MMOs that had crafting as a secondary type activity in the game. I'd be fine if they developed something new like that though, too.

Hmmm Interesting idea. I'm not quite sure how practical … but I must admit this is unique ! Due to the nature of MMO's said trader/Salvaging/Crafter class would still need to be proficient at combat. BUT... that class would be interesting. Bottom line … I kind of like it.

Question: Would you object to this being added as a subclass or new advanced class to the Smuggler ?

No.

As far as I've seen for other MMOs where they add new classes, those new classes are inevitably over-powered and often somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the game/lore.

What could they add anyway? Storm troopers would just be different colored bounty hunters. Republic SIS would just be different colored smugglers (since they'd just be republic versions of imp agents). Gray Jedi? You can already play that.

A class dedicated as a trader or crafter wouldn't work very well, and you can just exclusively craft or trade with an existing class and call it good.

Entertainer? Again, feel free to RP anything you want with any class. I don't see many groups including a "buff support class" in groups or operations.

We can already have a wide array of droid or animal companions, so not much point in dedicating a class for those types of specialties.

Politician would be RP.

It still seems that any new class would either be a duplicate of something we already have or pretty useless outside of RP.

A New Class? No, not really. I would, however, be interested in an expansion to the current classes. For example: A Melee Vanguard that uses a Tech Blade

Or a new Advanced Class, both of which, wouldn't affect the 8 class stories.

Edited by ZeroTypeR