Illegal Mods self-interrupting Penetrating rounds/Thermal Grenade cases no AOE damage

MasterAtin

Not a big deal since I typically use Marksman for regular questing and not for Ops or flashpoints.

But I've noticed on a few occasions when I activate illegal mods and then hit penetrating roundsm, the illegal mods ability interrupts the channel for penetrating rounds. Like I said not a big deal for the heroic 2+ But it is somewhat inconvenient. I think it may be due to the action that accompanies the illegal mod ability where your toon twirls their blasters. Anyone else see this?

Also, I will occasionally use thermal grenade (nevermind why, that's not the point) but the times I do use it, its AOE damage only seems to happen every one out of two times, again, not terribly inconvenient, but nevertheless something that shouldn't be, but is. I see the floating numbers only on one NPC while there are others within a meter of my target. I experimented several times to see if I was damage these groups with the thermal grenade and tab targeting each target and inspecting for damage, to which there was none.

Anyone else seeing this also?