Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stronghold Deco Acquisitions / locations / QOL information

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Stronghold Deco Acquisitions / locations / QOL information

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
03.02.2021 , 11:01 AM | #1
Sorry about the title. I tried to think of something that sort of encompassed the general direction of this thread and it's intent!

In another thread a question was raised and subsequently a "brief" suggestion made regarding Deco vendors and their locations.

Here is what got this started:

Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post

[/snip]
Additionally there are decos available through vendors on the individual planets as well. Granted you have to play the game enough to earn rep points. But that IS a part of the game as much as the rest of it.

Between decos that drop in game / those that are available through an assortment of vendors (ie: Iokath, Ossus and Onderon) PLUS the CM ( a major source) ... there are plenty of ways to decorate a SH.

I would like to see:
** some of the old "in game drops" return (some of them have fallen by the wayside) .
** a "multi-planetary" vendor available for SH applications to have better access to ALL of those decos (frankly I forget where to find some of them) ..

In any case ... there's a LOT available !!
Some agreed that this was right ... additionally wanting to see some of the "older ones" returning. And mentioning additional sources of Decos...

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Pretty much this. Plus you can buy a bunch of non cartel market decos in the game if you do some work to get them. They arenít that expensive. The only expensive ones are people selling CM ones and they are in line with most other CM items. In some cases they are actually much cheaper than they probably should be.
Then someone posted this:

Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Iím no decorator but this discussion has got me intrigued. With 6+ SH fully unlocked, I can try my hand at interior decoration. Is there a comprehensive list of all sources of decorations somewhere?

- Cartel Market
- GTN
- Drops
- Planetary Vendors (Iokath, Ossus and Onderon. What other planets and locations?)
- Other reputation vendors (GSI vendor on Nar Shaddaa. What others?)
- Event vendors (What events and locations?)
- Fleet Cartel Bazaar vendors
- Crafting?
- ...

It became evident to me that regardless of how the OP felt about decos ... we really don't have any real idea of what decos are out there ...other than word of mouth (in chat) or the occasional thread that pops up. We need a more comprehensive list or access to decos from all of the assorted planets sold at vendors (assuming that we ALL knew where ALL of them are.

Here's a couple more examples:
**Rishi: just a couple ... not that good either (IMO) ... but what else is available from that era or theme? Anything ?
** Yavin 4 : Also just a couple that were not of any interest (yet there is a stronghold there) ...
** Odessen: Several here (I've actually purchased a few). But this vendor is listed as a "black market vendor". Not that bad really ... it keeps in theme with the story of the commander having to resort to the black market to buy a number of supplies.

Suggestions:
** TWO "Interplanetary Vendor" : ... These vendors would provide a more comprehensive listing of decos found on other planets and provide them in one area. This would help find and make better use of the decos that the team has taken the time to make available. They could be located at either the respective "Fleet" areas (Republic and Empire) OR perhaps (for a fee) be made available for purchase and use at our individual strongholds. Why two ??
A). One vendor for "non -rep" based items ...
B). One Vendor for "rep-required" based items...

**A more comprehensive listing of an assortment of "drops" that are available per planet and or activity (such as FP's / Ops or world bosses) We really do need this. It would be nice if we could get this put together and "stickied" somewhere (probably here in the SH forum area) .

**A more comprehensive listing of CRAFTED decos: Frankly I have no idea how many or what sort of crafted decos are out there. This might very well be something that could be expanded as well.

In any case .... this is just a rough idea of what we could do. I'm quite certain that it would help everyone.

I just hope that this is not seen as something to compete with the CM. If anything it would compliment it ... to help create better "themed" Strongholds.
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
03.02.2021 , 06:00 PM | #2
Oh well ... it was worth a shot ...

Scratches idea off of list .. wads up paper and bullseyes the wastepaper basket !!

I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

Mongorr's Avatar


Mongorr
03.03.2021 , 07:32 AM | #3
My Alderaan, Coruscant and Tatooine strongholds: https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/caribu/

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
03.03.2021 , 08:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mongorr View Post
I've seen that one .. and IMO needs a different approach !! Something more user friendly.

Additionally we could still use "interplanetary vendors" to help with finding things much better.

But .. hey ! Based on almost zero response and some other recent developments in the game here lately it's unlikely any of this would happen anyways.

But .. hey!! It was worth a shot !!

( if you aim at nothing ... you WILL hit it every time !! )
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

mike_carton's Avatar


mike_carton
03.03.2021 , 05:52 PM | #5
I'm surprised you seem to be giving up a mere 7 hours after starting the effort. Care to go into why?
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

eabevella's Avatar


eabevella
03.03.2021 , 11:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
I'm surprised you seem to be giving up a mere 7 hours after starting the effort. Care to go into why?
My guess? Bioware can't even make a collapse option for that hideous amplifier window, they won't do **** to actually improve the decoration system.

GrgaklcGay's Avatar


GrgaklcGay
03.05.2021 , 05:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
My guess? Bioware can't even make a collapse option for that hideous amplifier window, they won't do **** to actually improve the decoration system.
I couldn't have said that any better.
If it's not covid then it's the rakhgoul disease that's gonna get ya...

My refferal link (http://www.swtor.com/r/w48n8V)

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
03.05.2021 , 05:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
My guess? Bioware can't even make a collapse option for that hideous amplifier window, they won't do **** to actually improve the decoration system.
The theory underpinning your cynicism is flawed, since it assumes that they were *unable* to add the collapse option. I think it's far more likely that they decided for whatever reason(1), to not build it.

(1) None of the usual sources of cynicism are enough to explain *why* they would want to not add it, but ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

JediBoadicea's Avatar


JediBoadicea
03.06.2021 , 06:52 PM | #9
Heya, OlBuzzard. I don't play or post much anymore, but after having invested ungodly amounts of time into SHs before their ridiculous stronghold cap limitations and lack of attention to SH QOL essentially locked me out, I still as a matter of principle keep my comprehensive decorations spreadsheet updated. I've shared it several times in other posts, but this forum is a quicksand sinkhole unless you monitor it every day. Sheer luck I saw your post!

This spreadsheet is a comprehensive list of every decoration in the game. It provides info on where/how to acquire each.

If you're familiar with how to leverage filtering in spreadsheet programs, the filtering in the spreadsheet is absolutely your friend. You can filter by source type, or source directly, or decorations category, among other things.

For example, if you want to know what decos can be bought straight from vendors (non-reputation ones), you filter Source Type to Vendors, and then the Source column will show you all the various vendors you can buy from. Once you're down to a specific vendor, the Cost Type column will tell you the currency you need, whether it's just credits or something else.

If you want to see what decos are tied to faction reputation, then you filter Source Type to Reputation, and from there the Source column will let you filter on specific faction, and the Cost Type tells you the currency again. In addition, for reputation decos, a column further down (K, Reputation Pre-requisite) will tell you what rep level you need for that specific deco.

If you want to see what decos drop from Flashpoints, you filter Source Type to Flashpoints, and then Source lists the flashpoint names. Same with Operations drops.

There are are of course tons of other filtering combinations you can do. Filtering is really the key, but if worse comes to worst you can just go alphabetically down the list of deco names and read across for all the other data.

A couple other things I track in this spreadsheet are Guild Donation Price, where I show what it costs to donate that deco to the guild, and also notes the decos that can only be donated by physical donation, or those that are bugged or blocked from guild donation completely (N/A). This column is only stuff I can personally verify because I own the deco; anything I can't personally verify I leave as Unknown, but other sites might give you the price if you can find the deco listed on them.

And finally, another thing I track in this spreadsheet are bugged decos, and by this I mean decos "bugged" in such a way that they cannot actually be unlocked (not bugged in rendering or something). These bugged/unattainable decos are usually flagged with a different color font or highlight, and the comment attached to the cell of the deco name explains what the issue is. Occasional other comments of relevance are added to other cells.

With the exception of ranked PVP decos and some FP/Ops achievements, I own pretty much every deco in game, so this spreadsheet is very comprehensive. (Since I actually play the game much less I'm no longer running Ops much at all, so I don't have access/info on any of the Dxun operation decos, sorry!)

Of course, all of that being said... it is a spreadsheet, and a spreadsheet alone. It's not "user friendly" in a game sense, and it doesn't offer pictures. But if you're looking for a way to filter to combinations of elements for a deco, it's definitely useful.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
03.06.2021 , 11:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
Heya, OlBuzzard. I don't play or post much anymore, but after having invested ungodly amounts of time into SHs before their ridiculous stronghold cap limitations and lack of attention to SH QOL essentially locked me out, I still as a matter of principle keep my comprehensive decorations spreadsheet updated. I've shared it several times in other posts, but this forum is a quicksand sinkhole unless you monitor it every day. Sheer luck I saw your post!

This spreadsheet is a comprehensive list of every decoration in the game. It provides info on where/how to acquire each.

If you're familiar with how to leverage filtering in spreadsheet programs, the filtering in the spreadsheet is absolutely your friend. You can filter by source type, or source directly, or decorations category, among other things.

For example, if you want to know what decos can be bought straight from vendors (non-reputation ones), you filter Source Type to Vendors, and then the Source column will show you all the various vendors you can buy from. Once you're down to a specific vendor, the Cost Type column will tell you the currency you need, whether it's just credits or something else.

If you want to see what decos are tied to faction reputation, then you filter Source Type to Reputation, and from there the Source column will let you filter on specific faction, and the Cost Type tells you the currency again. In addition, for reputation decos, a column further down (K, Reputation Pre-requisite) will tell you what rep level you need for that specific deco.

If you want to see what decos drop from Flashpoints, you filter Source Type to Flashpoints, and then Source lists the flashpoint names. Same with Operations drops.

There are are of course tons of other filtering combinations you can do. Filtering is really the key, but if worse comes to worst you can just go alphabetically down the list of deco names and read across for all the other data.

A couple other things I track in this spreadsheet are Guild Donation Price, where I show what it costs to donate that deco to the guild, and also notes the decos that can only be donated by physical donation, or those that are bugged or blocked from guild donation completely (N/A). This column is only stuff I can personally verify because I own the deco; anything I can't personally verify I leave as Unknown, but other sites might give you the price if you can find the deco listed on them.

And finally, another thing I track in this spreadsheet are bugged decos, and by this I mean decos "bugged" in such a way that they cannot actually be unlocked (not bugged in rendering or something). These bugged/unattainable decos are usually flagged with a different color font or highlight, and the comment attached to the cell of the deco name explains what the issue is. Occasional other comments of relevance are added to other cells.

With the exception of ranked PVP decos and some FP/Ops achievements, I own pretty much every deco in game, so this spreadsheet is very comprehensive. (Since I actually play the game much less I'm no longer running Ops much at all, so I don't have access/info on any of the Dxun operation decos, sorry!)

Of course, all of that being said... it is a spreadsheet, and a spreadsheet alone. It's not "user friendly" in a game sense, and it doesn't offer pictures. But if you're looking for a way to filter to combinations of elements for a deco, it's definitely useful.
I'm a retired purchasing director .. so spread sheets are a snap !

Someone has done a LOT of work !! I appreciate the post. Perhaps this will help others as well. IN any case there was another couple of reasons for the initial post. But to be perfectly candid about the entire affair it's one of those "thoughts" that looked good on paper ... but perhaps was not one of my better ideas.

Again ... thanks for sharing !!
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"