Bye! and Merry Sithmas!

Major_Mayhem

To Whom it may concern,

I beta tested this game (SWTOR), per-ordered, paid for expansion packs that became free, I've been playing since per-release and been a subscriber all the way.

What do I get for being a loyal long term subscriber? I lost my name my gear and credits in a server change while I was in the hospital.

I had really good names on the old server ... the only thing I could get was something like EAPokedMEGood. No way I could get a closer name to Mayhem or any normal name at all. I'm actually surprised I got what I could with all the Free to play players spammers and scammers on.

I'm done I'm canceling my account because you simply suck, specially with customer service and I don't feel you care about Star Wars, this Game or your Customers.

What you do care about is Money and that is what I wont be giving you any more.

I hope you all go Bankrupt and Disney Takes Star Wars Away from EA.

8)

Oh and merry Sithmass!

You're not missing much. Aside from EA's horrible service & lack of content for an "MMO", it's about to be 2018 & we're still tab-targeting & not able to block/dodge. I think it's time for me to fully move on to another mmo as well. The Star Wars skin that's been keeping me here isn't enough to keep me interested anymore. Edited by YungDemon

You're not missing much. Aside from EA's horrible service & lack of content for an "MMO", it's about to be 2018 & we're still tab-targeting & not able to block/dodge. I think it's time for me to fully move on to another mmo as well. The Star Wars skin that's been keeping me here isn't enough to keep me interested anymore.

TESO going to have 3 dlcs in 2018. We going to have 1 more OPS boss and 2 flashpoints I guess :rolleyes:

TESO going to have 3 dlcs in 2018. We going to have 1 more OPS boss and 2 flashpoints I guess :rolleyes:

And thats the sad thing about what SWTOR became. A few days ago i saw a post where someone stated SWTOR is still the #2 in EAs moneybox, but theyre to arrogant or dont even care anymore about this game to give SWTOR a REAL budget and a REAL Dev-team, not that ridiculous 10-man skeleton-crew with 0 customer support, 0 cummonity support, 0 promotion-support or anything. I mean i know its an stupid comparison but look at WoW and Mmo-champion... there are DAILY updates from the dev-team about what is coming, news and so on. And in my eyes, the worst about this is that i can literally see how we are really getting only 1 OP Boss, 2 Flashpoints and maybe 2 or 3 comps back, while other MMOs literally expanding.

I really hope BW/EA is reading this, cause this is just the truth.

It is hard to know what the development team is doing, or where the budget is going and more than a little confusing how long they think people will put up with the game in its current state before moving on.

Even if the budget is tiny and the development team down to a handful of people what is with the choices that are being made. If your going to work on a story, why not make it a good one and return companions while you at it. Instead we get a traitor that if you like that companion feel cheated and if you don't feel frustrated by mindlessly incompetently chasing them across flashpoints.

Combat balancing which did nothing to improve combat only made it so every class dps hit a figure on a dummy regardless of how the class played in the real game.

While a claim of more multiplayer aspects in 2017 has led to little open world content, with a static and lifeless world. If you make the game beautiful to behold then even surveying for resources can be an enjoyable experience. If all you offer is static worlds with static spawns and 95% hostel critters filling the place up it gets boring real quick.

And yet it seems the development team are oblivious to the issues and how much more other MMO's offer and focus instead on direct cartel market sales. Only any money made from those is clearly not being invested in the game.

Yeah. Cartel Market seems the only "important" thing left in SWTOR. Heck, they not even gave the playerbase a real christmas-event like other MMOs have. Its absurd.

For me, i LOVE Star Wars, and i love my characters. But the way the game moved the last 2-3~ years, and probably WILL move, is ridiculous.

Edited by Jesseriah

Isnt ESO made for both gamepads and PC? Never could understand such mixed games because players are having 3-4 abilities (which is pretty booring), and obviously those who are using gamepads are having an advantage in pvp over those who arent (it is a common fact that gamepads are better for meele fightings while pc is better for shooting)

Isnt ESO made for both gamepads and PC? Never could understand such mixed games because players are having 3-4 abilities (which is pretty booring), and obviously those who are using gamepads are having an advantage in pvp over those who arent (it is a common fact that gamepads are better for meele fightings while pc is better for shooting)

I was in the beta testing for it, and that was the exact feedback I gave - the whole game felt like it was designed to be played on a gamepad/console. They didn't even have invert mouselook at the start. It might be better now, but it totally put me off the game forever.

To Whom it may concern,

I beta tested this game (SWTOR), per-ordered, paid for expansion packs that became free, I've been playing since per-release and been a subscriber all the way.

What do I get for being a loyal long term subscriber? I lost my name my gear and credits in a server change while I was in the hospital.

I had really good names on the old server ... the only thing I could get was something like EAPokedMEGood. No way I could get a closer name to Mayhem or any normal name at all. I'm actually surprised I got what I could with all the Free to play players spammers and scammers on.

I'm done I'm canceling my account because you simply suck, specially with customer service and I don't feel you care about Star Wars, this Game or your Customers.

8)

Oh and merry Sithmass!

You lost your character names because of the server merge and someone else with those names logged more hours on their characters than you did.

How exactly though did you lose credits and gear?

I was in the beta testing for it, and that was the exact feedback I gave - the whole game felt like it was designed to be played on a gamepad/console. They didn't even have invert mouselook at the start. It might be better now, but it totally put me off the game forever.

Thats what iam scared off. I saw many people asking in twitter to make swtor gamepad-adapted. But iam not pretty sure that one game can be both adapted for pc and gamepads. The main reason is that if the gameplay will have many abilities pc gamers will have an advantage, and if the game will have 3-4 abilities and no shooter elements the game will have an advantage for gamepads since gamepads are better for meele combat which requires using 3-4 abilities only....

Same for me. I tried ESO in a couple of Beta weekends, and had a relatively good time. But the combat skills? As boring as WoW after they did the ability pruning so you ended up with like 4 different attack "skills". Dumbed down way too far even for me, who isn't exactly a min-maxer or anything.

Either way, for OP:

You know you can have spaces in your character's names nowadays? You can use your original names and just add a middle name. Or if you use your Legacy name as surname, add a "von" or something.

To Whom it may concern,

8)

Oh and merry Sithmass!

Same boat. Beta tester etc. Cancelled after the mergers for much the same reason. My subscription runs till March. I'll play until then but there's little reason to remain now.

You're not missing much. Aside from EA's horrible service & lack of content for an "MMO", it's about to be 2018 & we're still tab-targeting & not able to block/dodge. I think it's time for me to fully move on to another mmo as well. The Star Wars skin that's been keeping me here isn't enough to keep me interested anymore.

What does 2018 have to do with any of that?

The date has nothing to do with it. It's the type of game and sorry to tell you, not every player wants to play the system you want to play.

There are games with that type of system in play if you want to play it. :p Tab target is just a different style of game. Just like they still make side scrollers :p

To Whom it may concern,

8)

Oh and merry Sithmass!

Your forum posting history suggests two things:

1) you have disliked the game and called it a failure since 2012

2) You have been completely silent since 2014, save for the post above.

leads me to conclude you are not actually a long time continuous active subscriber (as you claim) and hence you lost priority on your names to an actual persistent AND ACTIVE subscriber with the same names. You may have been subscribing for a long time while not playing of course.. but the effect on your name loss would be virtually the same.

Also leads me to believe this is simply a dramatic rage quit thread posted at a time when you know that the forum moderation activities are at a minimum by the studio.

As for your allegation that you lost your credits and items as well as names..... I don't believe you. But giving you the benefit of the doubt.. if this were true, you could contact CS with a lucid and accurate set of facts that they can verify in their logs and they would restore them for you (they have done so for many players over the years, as reported by said players in this very forum...myself included). Now.. if you have been gone for several years and just recently returned.. as your forum posting history suggests.....then they likely no longer have logs for your characters and as such cannot verify your claims. I'm sure.... even you.. can understand that a studio cannot just take a players word for claims of lost things.... they need to be able to look up and verify in their data logs that what you claim is true.

Edited by Andryah

I drew the same conclusion when I played it early after it launched. It pretty well soured me on ever playing any MMO that was dual ported to PC and consoles. If I want a console game.. I'll play a console game.

I am playing SWTOR and not TESO because of the horrible lag there but you understate the difference. In 2018 they will get four expansions. One will be a full paid/sub expansion like Revan. One will be a small paid/sub expansion maybe like Iokath. One will be a paid/sub set of new flashpoints. The last one will be a free one for everyone that will be a game wide expansion like Housing, Justice System etc. There are also a heap of once a year events like the Jester's Festival so every month or two you also have something else interesting to do.

SWTOR could make Bounty Week, Rakghouls and Gree interesting again with a minimum of work. Add a new mission to each, add a new achievement with a title to each and add even a few new items that you can buy from the vendor.

I think that is a huge exaggeration. In ESO you have weapon swap unlocked at quite a low level so you have 5 skills and an ultimate for each weapon as well as your equipment (potions/food etc) hotkey. So at the very least you have 13 skills but lots of characters have more than this for example a Werewolf has another bar when they are in Werewolf form.

In addition to those 13 skills you have light attack, heavy attack, block and dodge which SWTOR does not have which all make the combat very involved and engaging without even starting to talk about advanced tactics like animation cancelling.

I am not sure that it would make SWTOR worse to have a few less useless abilities in the game that are almost never used but that you could put on your bar for the occasional specific situation.

BTW I am not bagging SWTOR, it is great. Just defending my second favorite MMO from misinformation.

Edited by yaxmutal

People knocking the ESO system seem to have missed how many skills you can have available and how many actions can be performed.

You have a basic attack and a heavy attack.

5 Standard Skills.

1 Ultimate

a block

root/stun break

and dodge

Along with synergies and weapon swapping and a host of passives tied to weapons, class, armour, guild, world skill lines and the Champion System.

Where as SWTOR has ability bloat where you have a range of attacks from basic to super super special on varying cool downs many that just do varying damage, so many defensive cool downs on various times. While you have no ability to dodge anything unless its an ability not on cool down.

I wish the tor combat system was more like eso. When my nightblade leaps into combat I feel like I'm leaping into combat, when my knight uses leap its no where near as impactful. My Nightblade can dodge attacks and block powerful swings or interupt enemies as they try to build up for a heavy attack based on what is happening. My Knight is constrained by what abilities aren't on cool down.

Ah yeah I forgot that every character has a bash/interrupt as well.

As you said so many SWTOR abilities are basically exactly the same.

Ability one: hit for 4k with a 12 second cooldown.

Ability two: hit for 3.5k with a 5 second cooldown.

Ability three: hit for 3k with a 2 second cooldown.

Are they really that exciting?

PS: The Jedi Knight leap is one of the abilities that I do really love the most in SWTOR.

Edited by yaxmutal

I concur. I've been enjoying playing Destiny 2 ( I know you remember original Destiny and hate 2 I know) and am wow'd by how far games have come and to me it's just a nostalgic revisit of original Halo on the Xbox. The fact we pay $15 a month her just for the ability to post on these forums and play old content (GREE 2012!?!) and buy a $50 hypercrate that we end up having to buy 3 ($150) to get one of the five things worth owning is insane. I've been playing D2 for free and they release new content bi-weekly.

Beside there are no more Jedi/Sith in Star Wars....... Once my sub ends I'll only return if the game goes full f2p. My fear has always been if I didn't financially support Bioware Austin then they'd fold before they ever went F2P and all my accumulated stuff would vaporize. I now except the risk and am off once my sub ends. I have great memories of this game from 2012 to early 2014 and I'll remember them for some time long after Disney has given up on the franchise.