Original Companions Disappear?!

Shuragel

Just logged in and lost access to all my original companions for the Inquisitor upon starting the new Ossus Content. I kept them all alive, of course, prior to starting this. All content had been completed prior to this, sans Operations, including each and every companion alert in the game. Thought the whole point of the delay was to make them available? Is there anyone else having this issue after the rollback?

The following companions are not available upon starting the questline:

2V-R8

Andronikos

Ashara

Khem

Talos

Xalek

Same here. I lost them too. It's like they still think I'm frozen in carbonite. This is ********. I completed every single alliance alert. What the hell Bioware? I thought our choices were supposed to count here. Is this bugged or something? I'm not continuing until this gets fixed or there is some clarification. Very disappointing. Edited by AidenRhen

I saw a post from EricMusco in the Dev tracker on this. So Eric, just so you know, all those companions are in the section called Unavailable Companions. The Interactions section for all of them say <companion name> has dropped out of contact while you were frozen in carbonite. His current whereabouts are unknown.

It's like they were at the start of KOTFE.

For my Sorc, I can confirm that all these companions are listed under "Unavailable Companions",

but at the same time, the companions I had already gotten back (Talos, Xalek, 2V-R8, in my case also Andronikos and Ashara) are also in the sections above (Companions, Other Followers) and can be summoned from there.

Played through on my SI and saw the companion list locking out my old companions but when I scrolled through the list the companions are there and available. Just appears to be a double reporting bug. Edited by Protius

• 2 weeks later...
This issue with companions being set back to unavailable has been passed on and is being investigated as a severe bug

Unfortunately not for all companions. Only those who reverted to being out of contact have been added to the known issues list. Koth Vortena has disappeared for many but this has not been acknowledged. Malavai Quinn becomes unsummonable for Warriors the instant they choose to side with the republic in 5.10; also not acknowledged. Both Quinn and Koth are many players' LIs so it makes no sense to remove them both from the game.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

missing companions completely turned me off the story which I barely had much interest in. I spent years avoiding advancing the story because of this.

killing off companions made me stop caring about them all together and now they are just a cluster of crafting mules and combat drones.