Latency VS Dummies

MidichIorian

Is anyone able to parse high on a fairly high latency (150+)? I'm playing on a US server, despite being in EU (a work schedule choice that I regret), and while my dots seem to work on "real" enemies they're just a complete failure on the dummies.

I even bought the ops dummy for my ship in an attempt to get away from whatever effect the fleet could have on my parses but to no avail. I have frequently seen FiB's hit for 5K but when I look at my log they're not there and the damage for TK will sometimes not even show up on the dummy. Don't get me started on the dots, whenever I fight real enemies they're sometimes covered by the damage pops but on the dummy it seems like they're only going off whenever they feel like it.

So based on the amount of aggro I usually pull in operations and my PvP results I'm determined that the dummies are way off and would like to know if someone els has noticed anything similar.

I'm in the same boat, on an East Coast US server from The Netherlands. What usually happened to me on the dummy, but especially in 16-man ops, was that the animaion would show correctly - but the ability would not trigger. So I'd sit there spamming Force Lightning, or I would see the DoT icon trigger the GCD animation and my DoT tracker - but not actually activate.

Raise your ability queue to 1.0 (maximum), that should help with the majority of these issues. Secondly, start getting used to keeping track of the enemies' debuff bar (for Affliction), your actual cooldown (CD, DF, CT) and your cast bar (Force Lightning) instead of going by the sound/animation.

Edited by Argure