How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

Connll

.... ummm they ARE HIRING NEW EMPLOYEES. You don't hire new employees who cost around 100k+ a year if your game is losing money.

If your going to make assumptions...even ones that make sense....you can not then turn around and deride others for doing the same.

You are both presenting opinions with no basis in actual facts. Well, mostly anyway...you both have thrown in a few facts or numbers here and there. There is nothing wrong with that, you are both speculating based on what you see and what you know.

I see very few actual "facts" from either one of you, but that doesn't mean what you say makes no sense. It just means it's speculative and arguable.

In other words....pot, meet kettle.

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this made me laugh.

I want to be clear here. You said that Bioware averages a new content patch every 3-4 months

Now you are aware that we are on patch 1.6. Not including the live events that is 6 content patches in one year.

So in your mind 12 months divided by 6 patches gives 3 to 4 months between content patches.

Fair enough, 2 months, however 12 weeks does not = 6 weeks. :)

However lets not forget that they only achieved that 2 months release date by splitting content that was supposed to go into ONE patch into 2 or even 3 seperate patches. :csw_yoda:

Which is why I said all along their 6 week promise was utterly unsustainable, unless you count a new outfit on the Cashshop as content (which I don't).

Edited by Goretzu

Boy, you guys are really splitting hairs here. jarjarloves, I'd suggest you tone it down pretty strongly here before you rack up the forum violations enough to get a ban.

I'd like to point out that Eve online is widely considered a successful and original MMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

No I see AO as successful since it has been around for 11 years now. There are still thousands of players and it still gets updates. It also has one of the best if not THE best customer support out in a modern day MMO.

yes the graphics are dated for a game that's 11 years old.

But in all honesty I am waiting for you to call me a 45 year old man who has served in both Iraq conflicts a "kid"

please do, it seems to be your thing.

"When you can't win an discussion call them a kid and see if you can push them into argument."

again. you are skipping the 2 live events? are you not counting them as content?

please explain to me how a new warzone, new flashpoint and a new operation aren't new content?'

what is your description of content?

But ok you say turning an event on isn't content? Ok fair enough. But the event itself is still content. Since that means the second live event came in patch 1.3 then 1.3 HAD CONTENT

So we are at 6 patches.

So at best by my defination SWTOR had 5 content patches in 12 months - 2.4 months

And at best by your defination SWTOR had 6 content paches in 12 months - 2 months.

Can we now agree that neither is 6 weeks. :)

Hey, guys, I am writing this in search of a small bit of info I haven´t been able to find. Everything I say in this post is based on outdated information, so it is probably wrong/innacurate by now.

Way back in 2011, it was said that SWTOR would be "very profitable" if it managed to hit 500k active subs. This was said in answer to a question if the dev expected Tor to dethrone WoW.

As far as I know, SWTOR had a peak of 2,5 million active subscriptions, and then this number started to dwindle rapidly, as more and more players finished the calss storylines.

Question is: how many active subscriptions TOR has today? I think it must be 300k tops, otherwise a transition to F2P wouldn´t be implemented so quickly. Also, is the number of subs finally stable? Or it still continues to drop?

Anyone knows the answer?

It really makes no difference....to the players. It only is a concern for those selling the game. I do know of at least two more subs they won't be getting mid-Feburary. And no, not goint "f2p" either.

alot fewer then a few days ago

Spent yesterday in DCUO when I found out for their Holiday present to previous subs get 1 month sub time plus in game event and access to the previous DLCs. I made an earth powered character that came in the last DLC. And access to shield wield from a previous one since I left. Well, I'll get half a month since it started about 2 weeks ago. And what did Bioware give us for the Holidays? A red neck mobile aka a lawn mower with lights that you have to pay 18 dollars for. PATHETIC.

Bioware is really pathetic when SONY of all people treat players better.

Edited by ShepardSpock

So, according to posters opinion, SWTOR amount of active subscripstions is between 300k-600k.

An average of 450k then? WoW. less than 20% of the top number.:(:(

Not sure about how I feel about this... I wanted this game to be the next WoW, you know... What did we do wrong?:(

whining for little thing like bug , transfer sever, sub fee as a result, EA fire half of f bioware team if you were not so difficult we would more content now. Each mmo comme out there you dont like you guys get mad said Unsub spot beig picky the game will grow fine. i am trying to mean i just want the game to be succesfull that all.

even if the is not big now that dosent matter what is if you keep subscribing the will grow eventualy.

Edited by Flamehunter

whining for little thing like bug , transfer sever, sub fee all the result EA fire half of f bioware team if you were not so difficult we would more content now. Each mmo comme out there you dont like you guys get mad said Unsub spot beig picky the game will grow fine. i am trying to mean i just want the game to be succesfull that all.

even if the is not big now that dosent matter what is if you keep subscribing the will grow eventualy.

No, just no. None of those things caused EA to fire anyone or let go people. You don't know anything about business at all. Is English not your first language?

No, just no. None of those things caused EA to fire anyone or let go people. You don't know anything about business at all. Is English not your first language?

No my fist language is french sorry for my spelling. and i am just saying if we have all the sub in the the game would be fine bye now. the player expect to much.

No my fist language is french sorry for my spelling. and i am just saying if we have all the sub in the the game would be fine bye now. the player expect to much.

Yes, this player base does ask too much of Bioware. Bioware also fails to deliver a lot. When I go over to the wow forums, I realize how well established everything is for them, granted the game is in the gutter imo. The latest patch that will be coming up in January introduces more rep grinds and dailies which is something the community is dead set against. I miss the golden days of WoW.

Not sure about how I feel about this... I wanted this game to be the next WoW, you know... What did we do wrong?:(

There will be no next WoW. Ever. WoW is a fluke - the result of a confluence of technological developments, name recognition, and closure of a division in the gaming market that can never be reproduced in the MMO genre. As I've said before, even if WoW suddenly disappeared tomorrow, no single MMO will take its place (though we'd probably see a flurry of new development activity as every publisher tried to grab a piece of the pie).

That said, within the realm of non-WoW MMOs, 450k subscribers is pretty good. Whether it's enough for SWTOR specifically, I have no way of knowing.

Unfortunately this is how it works. If your game doesn't meet expectations, people don't support it. SWTOR already got way more leniancy than most MMOs, in that a lot of people supported it out of love for either Bioware or StarWars.

Unfortunately what we got and all we will ever have is an 'eh, it's okay' tier MMO.

Yes, this player base does ask too much of Bioware. Bioware also fails to deliver a lot. When I go over to the wow forums, I realize how well established everything is for them, granted the game is in the gutter imo. The latest patch that will be coming up in January introduces more rep grinds and dailies which is something the community is dead set against. I miss the golden days of WoW.

i am preatty sure that wow was not perfec wen it fist came out .

Edited by Flamehunter

whining for little thing like bug , transfer sever, sub fee as a result, EA fire half of f bioware team if you were not so difficult we would more content now. Each mmo comme out there you dont like you guys get mad said Unsub spot beig picky the game will grow fine. i am trying to mean i just want the game to be succesfull that all.

LOL!

Blaming subscription loss on the users, classy.

That's what happens when you deliver a half finished project.

Who are spending a crap ton in the cartel market .... sounds like the game is doing just fine.

It is not doing just fine. They went F2P cause it was not doing fine. They turned a content patch into an expantion because it is not doing just fine. Is it gonna close up shop soon? Peob not. Will it be here at the end of 2013? Maybe not.

It is doing OK, but it is def in damage control and some what of a "lets make as much as we can while we can" mode.

If you like the game, thats OK, play it and have fun, but nobody can in a logical mind, say they are just doing fine.

Who are spending a crap ton in the cartel market .... sounds like the game is doing just fine.

Its not the f2pers that are buying off the cartel market, its the subbed people that are either new to mmo's or are rabid fanboys, either way EA is milking them. Its not a good environment to be enjoying my spare time.

Edited by chewyonthis