Star Wars Costumes

CobraMG

So I really want Stormtrooper armor that really looks good, but I refuse to pay $600 or more for a bunch of plastic. I've looked everywhere, and everything that is a fair price is just a joke. Why are the authentic looking ones so expensive? I don't think they are actually worth as much as they are sold for.

So I really want Stormtrooper armor that really looks good, but I refuse to pay $600 or more for a bunch of plastic. I've looked everywhere, and everything that is a fair price is just a joke. Why are the authentic looking ones so expensive? I don't think they are actually worth as much as they are sold for.

have you considered making your own from scratch? I know a lot of the best looking ones (i.e. the ones that are custom fitted to the bodies of the people who are wearing them) are often times home made for the dual reason that the store bought ones tend to be extremely expensive and because the store bought ones never really fit quite right.

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/stormtrooper/

That website outlines the basic process of making your own stormtrooper armor. I am not certain how expensive the materials for it are, but it looks to be about the best instructions for the process I could find on the internet.

A good set of TK armor isn't cheap, regardless of where it's bought. Those at the 501st put the most $ and best work into their stuff. If you want a good screen-accurate costume, contact the 501st and they can help you out. If you just want a costume to poke around in, you might try a Rubies or somesuch.

My Jedi costume I wear for the Rebel Legion has cost me around $800 in total, and I put most of it together myself. It's a matter of how nice you want it to look versus how much you want to spend. There are shortcuts, but it will sacrifice quality to some degree.