KOTFE Companions Returning to Story in Chapter 10 - 16?

Iinvitedyou

So with chapter 10 coming up soon, people have had some discussion about if all companions will be returning to the story. Bioware has said once that all companions will be available for use, but they also said that not all companions will be returning. Then with the Companion Locator Terminal, you can choose to get your companions back now, or wait until the story. So with that, does that mean that all companions will be returning to the story? And if so, will your companions still be in the KOTFE story even if you used the Companion Locator Terminal to get back your companions? This is has been something that has me confused. With all the different answers going across the internet, it's kind of hard to get 1 correct answer. So I wanted to see if anyone here knows the answers to these questions? Edited by Iinvitedyou

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with chapter 10 coming up soon, people have had some discussion about if all companions will be returning to the story. Bioware has said once that all companions will be available for use, but they also said that not all companions will be returning. Then with the Companion Locator Terminal, you can choose to get your companions back now, or wait until the story. So with that, does that mean that all companions will be returning to the story? And if so, will your companions still be in the KOTFE story even if you used the Companion Locator Terminal to get back your companions? This is has been something that has me confused. With all the different answers going across the internet, it's kind of hard to get 1 correct answer. So I wanted to see if anyone here knows the answers to these questions?

All of the pre-KOTFE companions will not be returning in the upcoming chapters. You can use the terminal to get companions that are currently inactive, but it will give you a warning message that this will affect the story down the line. Basically the same thing that happens if you use the token to get Nico Okarr, rather than waiting til later in the story to recruit him. Some of the companions could return in the main story line, while others could return as recruitment missions like those given by Alliance members.

Ok. So then I assume that if you get a companion from the Terminal, then they won't be appearing in the story. Which is kind of weird, since Bioware said that you'll be able to continue the romance with your past companions. Yet I don't see how that exactly will work, if not all companions will be returning to the story... Edited by Iinvitedyou

All of the pre-KOTFE companions will not be returning in the upcoming chapters. You can use the terminal to get companions that are currently inactive, but it will give you a warning message that this will affect the story down the line. Basically the same thing that happens if you use the token to get Nico Okarr, rather than waiting til later in the story to recruit him. Some of the companions could return in the main story line, while others could return as recruitment missions like those given by Alliance members.

Also, another thing I wanted to know, is if all romances will be available later in the upcoming chapters. Because if what you said is true, then that means that you won't be able to romance ALL companions. But Bioware says otherwise. And I don't know what you mean by the recruiting thing with Nico. I used the token for Nico, but I still got the alliance mission to recruit him. Regardless, I just wanted to know if all romances can and will be available. Even if all companions can't be in the story.

Also, another thing I wanted to know, is if all romances will be available later in the upcoming chapters. Because if what you said is true, then that means that you won't be able to romance ALL companions. But Bioware says otherwise. And I don't know what you mean by the recruiting thing with Nico. I used the token for Nico, but I still got the alliance mission to recruit him. Regardless, I just wanted to know if all romances can and will be available. Even if all companions can't be in the story.

When did BW said anything about availability of ALL romances?! Sure, anyone can romance Lana, Theran or Koth, but if you planned to romance, say, Quinn on your JK - that was never promised and will not happen.

When did BW said anything about availability of ALL romances?! Sure, anyone can romance Lana, Theran or Koth, but if you planned to romance, say, Quinn on your JK - that was never promised and will not happen.

They may allow it though. No one knows! I think when we see Kaliyo, we'll see if we can have old LIs become new LIs to other classes.

They have said in live streams before that all companions will return to continue the romance you once had. Although, my question still is. If you used the Companion Locator Terminal, then will you still be able to continue the romance you had on your past companions in the story. Cause the terminal gives you the option to "Get your companions now" or "wait until the story". I don't know if this means that if you get the companions right away, that you won't be able to see them in the story line up-ahead or whatever. So that's why I made this forum, so that I could get some answers.

My understanding of it is that if you use the terminal, you get the companions back, but no conversations acknowledge their presence and they cannot accompany you into Chapter 10. I know for a fact that you can't talk to a companion that you regain via terminal.

You can do Heroics with them, Weeklies, Dailies, Star Fortesses, and so on, but as far as the story is concerned, you don't have them until the story officially gives them back via Alliance Alert or in-chapter recruitment.

When it comes to the romances I'm assuming that if you get them from the terminal there are two options. As I mentioned before, they could end up being involved in the upcoming main story line chapters and you can continue the romance from there. However, if they aren't you may end up continuing the romance through a recruitment mission which could have different dialogue options. There is also the possibility that rather than continuing the romance through the main story line or recruitment mission there could be the occasional companion mission or dialogue after the fact.

My understanding of it is that if you use the terminal, you get the companions back, but no conversations acknowledge their presence and they cannot accompany you into Chapter 10. I know for a fact that you can't talk to a companion that you regain via terminal.

You can do Heroics with them, Weeklies, Dailies, Star Fortesses, and so on, but as far as the story is concerned, you don't have them until the story officially gives them back via Alliance Alert or in-chapter recruitment.

So once chapter 10 comes out, then you don't have them until you meet them again in chapter 10? Then there is kind of no use of using the Terminal if they're going to disappear again later on

When it comes to the romances I'm assuming that if you get them from the terminal there are two options. As I mentioned before, they could end up being involved in the upcoming main story line chapters and you can continue the romance from there. However, if they aren't you may end up continuing the romance through a recruitment mission which could have different dialogue options. There is also the possibility that rather than continuing the romance through the main story line or recruitment mission there could be the occasional companion mission or dialogue after the fact.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure that our companions that we romanced would be in the Expansion, since Bioware said that you'd be able to continue the romance. Then there were others that said that not all companions would be available. But thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Iinvitedyou

Some companions will return via the main story, like T3, Kaliyo and Scorpio have. And some willl come through the alliance like Loin, Qyzen, Bowdar, Talos, Xelek and Pirce/4X.

Hell, I heard a rumour that Vette... Meh, never mind, the rumour probably could count as *Insert Illegal word here*

So once chapter 10 comes out, then you don't have them until you meet them again in chapter 10? Then there is kind of no use of using the Terminal if they're going to disappear again later on

No. I mean that you almost certainly can't take them with you into the chapter 10 story because chapter 10 doesn't think you have them yet.

The actual story chapters of KotFE so far have dictated which companions you can actually use. In chapter 4 for instance, you have to do a section with Lana, a section with Koth, and a section with HK-55 in order to progress the story, you just chose which order to do them in. The basic story chapters will likely continue to insist that we use the so-called main characters in them while allowing us to use anyone we have for alliance stuff and repeatable content.

Read the pops up more carefully. When you hit play to start chapter one it plainly says you will loss access to main story AND Companion conversations. So you need to do them before starting KotFE. As for the companion terminal it says in its pop up that "Using this terminal WILL NOT effect companions in the story." The terminal is non cannon, the character WILL still return to you in the story/alliance alert missions later on. Instead of paying attention to the people on the net, read the warning pop ups ingame more carefully. Hope this helps clear some of your confusion. :)

This. The warning given when you use the companion terminal states that returning said companion is "non-canon" until they officially return via the KOTFE storyline, whether through the story itself or alliance alerts. So even if you bring back, say, Kaliyo via terminal, you're still going to encounter her and officially recruit her into the alliance and then she'll be recognized by the story. Taking them out entirely just because you brought them back "non-canon" via terminal would be silly, especially if they're part of the main story.

Unless you REALLY must have whichever companion you romanced next to you as you do the grind fest that is chapter 9, just wait to get your companions and love interests back. I can almost guarantee you 100% that there will be hidden achievements connected to the story itself like there was for Nico and getting your original companions from the terminal will negate those achievements.

Believe me, I am seriously missing Quinn, and my other husband companions something fierce. To the point I have to play my alts, who aren't in the kotfe story yet, just to hear them make battle cries or click on them for their one liners.

But I plan to wait til chapters 10-16 and Season 2 (we're in season 1 until chapter 16 is over iirc) to see who shows and what happens etc.

Still kind of hoping Tanno Vik will actually come back. Right now he sort of told my Trooper to get stuffed. =(

Edited by Eanelinea

Kira & Risha are probably among the only two companions, whom I want to return in a prominent role right now; the kind that involve actual conversation and dialogue with them as opposed to just being house ornaments.

EDIT: Oh, and Scourge too, if only because of the interesting story implications like a meeting with the Sith Warrior.

Edited by Chrisington

• 2 weeks later...
I completed KOTFE with my bounty hunter. The story is pretty good, however I don't want to lose or unintentionally kill off any of my favorite companions. This is why I won't play KOTFE until I am absolutely sure I'll get them back safe and sound. Losing my companions permanently is a feature of the storyline I simply don't care much for and I won't be participating in until I know what happens to them. Edited by powergamer

Is it confirmed that all companions will return in some way? Since so far the companions are heavily favored towards the Empire.... (And the Agent in particular)

Agent is the first to get back an original 1-50 storyline romance (Kaliyo) as well, I'm interested to see how the romances are handled and how cheating on them will be handled which we'll see in Chapter 10.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Agent is the first to get back an original 1-50 storyline romance (Kaliyo) as well, I'm interested to see how the romances are handled and how cheating on them will be handled which we'll see in Chapter 10.

Of all the companions Kaliyo should be the last to be upset about cheating lol.

But I am curious which characters are returning (have a few ideas) now and which will return next season.

They have said in live streams before that all companions will return to continue the romance you once had.

Did they? When? That seems unlikely to me. That's the type of question they deliberately avoided answering in the livestreams I saw.

Edited by OldVengeance

All of the pre-KOTFE companions will not be returning in the upcoming chapters. You can use the terminal to get companions that are currently inactive, but it will give you a warning message that this will affect the story down the line.

Actually what they said was that you can return old companions to you via the terminal, but that doing this WON'T affect the future story lines. So you can have them there to fight with you, but for story purposes, they won't exist. They'll be like a silent droid companion. Basically, doing this is considered non-canon. As far as the plot is concerned, the old companions DON'T return to you until you encounter them in-story. Before then the game doesn't acknowledge them.

BUT! Good news! If you go to the terminal to recruit them you can see which ones will return later in the story, even if you choose not to bring them back right then. That's what I did with my smuggler. I got to see who was going to show up, but then picked the "I changed my mind" option. It looks like all the old romance options and all companions (except for a few) will be making their way back. Huzzah!

Actually what they said was that you can return old companions to you via the terminal, but that doing this WON'T affect the future story lines. So you can have them there to fight with you, but for story purposes, they won't exist. They'll be like a silent droid companion. Basically, doing this is considered non-canon. As far as the plot is concerned, the old companions DON'T return to you until you encounter them in-story. Before then the game doesn't acknowledge them.

BUT! Good news! If you go to the terminal to recruit them you can see which ones will return later in the story, even if you choose not to bring them back right then. That's what I did with my smuggler. I got to see who was going to show up, but then picked the "I changed my mind" option. It looks like all the old romance options and all companions (except for a few) will be making their way back. Huzzah!

In regards to your spoiler..... If only we knew when! The suspense is killing me! Except my Chiss consular, she'd drop any of them without thinking twice about it.

Edited by h_weber

In regards to your spoiler..... If only we knew when! The suspense is killing me! Except my Chiss consular, she'd drop any of them without thinking twice about it.

Yeah, Consular companions are a bit lackluster. I'll be going with the new companions when it comes to playing mine.