The latest Corrupter Zero fix

Synavix

Amber, since launch of this Operation, there has been a bug with corruption mines the entire time. This was the third attempted "fix". That's now 5 weeks (?), this mechanic has been broken in one way or another. Right now it's actually the worst bug it's been. Can BW please, please, please be much more careful with getting this fixed so that it is indeed fixed. I honestly fail to see how anyone could be testing this, and not know that this boss and this mechanic are broken. I mean....seriously....it's not like you have to do anything strange to see these bugs.

Every Tuesday we go into this Op wondering what Corrupter Zero is going be like this time, and every week it's different. Last night was so frustrating, we just gave up attempting it and went over to DP.

This week the boss is actually working the closest to intended since the launch of the ops. The boss is supposed to put out this many mines and encourage stacking on the boss, otherwise you can just cheat mechanics like the Anti-gravity field by not having to walk out of it.

However, I agree that they handled the patching of the fight wrong. Once they realized the boss was easier than intended, they should have either immediately taken down the servers until they completely fixed the boss so that the progression race stays fair (which is highly unlikely, since raids are only a small part of the game), or they should have just left the boss this easy and only fix this for nightmare mode. Buffing an encounter after it has been released is not a smart decision.

Edited by Jerba

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of rage in this thread is entertaining. I *love* the fight now that the concussion mine is a real threat, makes it a bit more challenging. My raid group killed the boss last night and we didn't even realize that the mine during laser phase was a bug until later. I'm sure my 2nd raid team will go in and have no problems with him later tonight. As someone stated before, it's very possible to go into the burn phase (after laser) with all 8 people as long as you have BR which makes the last part a complete joke. If you are losing too many people to the laser and then losing 1-2 players tops to mines during laser phase then maybe you should be working on the laser mechanics instead of moaning on the forums about this fight.

This is the closest this fight has been to working-as-intended, and yet people are so up in arms that the world is collapsing because Corruptor Zero is LESS BUGGY than before!

Pretty sure they're not waiting 2 weeks twiddling their thumbs and then trying to fix it. If they've already failed to fix it properly twice, what makes you think they could turn around the correct fix for this in a day? Maybe they decided some testing was in order this time.

Lots of guilds are clearing it in the mean time. There are strategies for assassins, operatives, marauders, and sorcerers to mitigate the laser mines already. Juggernauts also might be able to leap to the boss and reflect. No jugs in our group, didn't get to experiment.

You can wait for Bioware to fix it and QQ in the forums, or you can work around it as many ops groups have had to work around operations bugs dating back to Soa.

I don't expect them to fix it in a day, and the fact that I can clear it anyways does not matter. This is something Trion, blizzard or soe would have been on top of asap and treated it as priority. If bioware wont or cant fix it for two weeks that says a lot about how this game is run and what its future will look like and the new mmos coming out I wasn't going to leave swtor for now look more appealing.

It is doable. During the laser phase, have the person with the mines run out of the raid. Also tell your healers to be extra vigilant during the laser phase. Have everyone use their defensive or escape mechanisms (roll out of raid if they get the mines). Too hard..?

As much as I like you boarder sir, saying "Too Hard" after clearing it with 2 people (actually, everyone died because all adds were up still :3) left standing in a 16 man group isn't quite the right thing to say right meow.

Fight is bugged, needs to be fixed asap. Yes there are ways to still beat it like people said before, but bugs are unacceptable in any game.

I did beat the encounter with these bugs around, but still signing for a hotfix.

Assuming you have people call 'move' if needed when they see where the boss lands, then there are 4 different places someone can stand and still have to move at the same time as everyone else. We got it on our second try. One person died to idiocy, the others dealt with it. The fight is more irritating, but still completely doable.

The fight is still stupid easy. If they released the fight exactly like this we'd assume it was perfectly fine.

The fight has been more than easy mode before this, now it has a mechanic that might kill some people. Good game. Deal with it and move on. If you can't get it try harder and play better.

Ok, so maybe its "doable", with some players killed, and so on. But if this is really working as intended (Mines in jumping phase), its the most stupid mechanic i´ve ever seen. If you just had a proper working countermechanic, maybe f.e. put the mine to the droids that appear in this phase (btw, did anyone try that?), it would be ok. Rest of the fight is fine.

But... i think it wouldnt be so hard to put a line of code like "if boss.health < 35% then concussionmine.enable = false", so i guess it IS working as intended.

We did Corruptor Zero 8M HM the day the patch came out, and we lost one in the lazer phase, mostly because it took us by surprise. I do think it's fairly managable though.

Some of the solutions have already been explained:

Sentinel/Marauder: Pop the -99% damage skill, jump boss

Assassin/Shadow: Stealth

Operative/Scoundrel: Stealth

Sorc/Sage: Speed+barrier at boss

It might also be possible for Guardians/Juggernauts to jump the boss and get behind him to avoid lazer, but I'm not sure of it.

For other classes I'd propose something like this: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2525/6pv.png

If one of the other classes get the mine, there's 2 scenarios:

1. If Corruptor Zero is at "Entrance to Brontes" or "Starting Area", player with mine go to A

2. If Corruptor Zero is at the sides, player with mine go to B

Trooper/BH's got their +30% movementspeed which will be good to save for this movement and GS/Sniper has roll which works well here.

Edited by MFollin
wrote Operator X instead of Corruptor Zero lol

The laser does a fixed amount of damage (I believe around 60K unmitigated), it is NOT a one shot. It can even be shielded and mitigated through cooldowns. A guardian dps (or even a sentinel) can pop saber ward, jump to the boss, and likely survive the laser (assuming you don't get poor RNG); or pop Enure/Rebuke in addition and survive it even with poor RNG.

Also the person with the stack should not kill themselves immediately. We found doing so often just prompted another stack to go out. Assuming the people who get stacks survive until the next mine goes out we noticed only 2 mines going out during the laser phase (as opposed to 4 when people were suiciding). It is annoying and needs to be fixed but that bit of information might be helpful.

Lastly to anyone who runs 16M you should realize that the same number of mines go out in 16M that go out in 8M. While 16M runs can sacrifice 2-4 people without worry (especially since mines do not attach to the tank with aggro) 8M groups typically cannot (as 2 of those people can be both healers).

Fight would just be a nice challenge the way it is now, if it weren't for the bug in the last phase.

Possible solutions listed here pretty much all work well, though. Most importantly. targeted players should try to survive that phase as long as possible, so you don't lose more than two people. And of course stay away from the rest of the raid group.

Final phase is no problem with even 5 people (at least if you're not as unlucky and get two healers targeted like we had it in one attempt yesterday ;-)

If you have problems deleting your mines on the boss, just attack him (healers as well). That pretty much ensures the mine is deleted.

Are the mines during his PBAoE intentional aswell? You cant run in there to cleanse it without being killed by him..

Do you mean the red Anti-Gravity Field? The boss always casts a Concussion Mine three to five seconds before he starts casting the field, which is more than enough time for that player to run into the boss. It sounds like your group is not stacking up on the boss, because then you do not even have to run into him.

The only bug in this fight is during the laser phase, and they confirmed that it will be fixed in 2.4.3. If you are a good group, you can still kill the boss; if you aren't, just skip the boss until it is fixed. There's no point going to the forums to complain about it.

Edited by Jerba

im in domination and we have had this problem as well the boss was managable before this last patch and now with the mine going out alot more its harder but can be delt with, that being said in the 2nd phase when he goes to laser the 4 corners it is now impossibale to kill him. the mine has to be cast out i have the boss focused the whole fight and not once during that part does he throw a cast for it while doing the beam. BIOWARE FIX YOUR **** GET YOUR HEADS OUR YOUR *** AND DO IT RIGHT THE !ST TIME!!!!!

It's not working as intended. However, the boss is entirely doable and that fun new bug is nothing. As with many threads on the forum like how broken Shadow Tanks are, the truth is contrary to the loud, incessant whining.

Put your big boy/girl pants on and play intelligently.

It's not working as intended. However, the boss is entirely doable and that fun new bug is nothing. As with many threads on the forum like how broken Shadow Tanks are, the truth is contrary to the loud, incessant whining.

Put your big boy/girl pants on and play intelligently.

To be fair this is the 'bug forum' and so the perfect place to list such a bug and ask for a fix. It's not game breaking and the encounter is still doable for most but BW have had a problem with that specific mechanic for a month now. Reason enough to complain imo. Nothing to do with playing intelligently or not lol.

• 2 weeks later...

its a nice, deep, fight. did it tonight for first time after patch (before was too easy). maybe it isn't workin as intented, but is still doable with a standard setup 2 ranged 2 melee... biggest issue once you get the correct mechanic is the mine debuff during the laser phase, you are gonna lose 1-2 members due to it, you can still ress 1 and close the fight.

big fun :D

Edited by Felpi_Tuver

Some of the solutions have already been explained:

Sentinel/Marauder: Pop the -99% damage skill, jump boss

Assassin/Shadow: Stealth

Operative/Scoundrel: Stealth

Sorc/Sage: Speed+barrier at boss

It might also be possible for Guardians/Juggernauts to jump the boss and get behind him to avoid lazer, but I'm not sure of it.

For other classes I'd propose something like this: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2525/6pv.png

If one of the other classes get the mine, there's 2 scenarios:

1. If Corruptor Zero is at "Entrance to Brontes" or "Starting Area", player with mine go to A

2. If Corruptor Zero is at the sides, player with mine go to B

Trooper/BH's got their +30% movementspeed which will be good to save for this movement and GS/Sniper has roll which works well here.

sir, i would have read this stuff before the 5+ tries it took to kill it tonight (without having to find this out by ourselves)...

this REALLY does make sense :rolleyes:

Edited by Felpi_Tuver