Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Return Veteran's Edge stacks to NIM Raids

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Return Veteran's Edge stacks to NIM Raids

theJudeAbides
02.14.2020 , 03:45 PM | #1
This stealth nerf of removing Veteran's Edge stack from NIM raids is just a GIANT middle finger to every guild currently doing progression on older content.

Who asked for this, anyways? Who was demanding DPS, Heals, and Tank health be nerfed for the hardest content in the game? I haven't seen anyone asking for this.

And before you say "Git Gud", our guild had been doing progression on NIM TFB, specifically the Dread guard. Over the course of the last month and a half, we have gone from routinely wiping on Heirad to nearly beating it with only 8-9% left on Kelsara on our best pull (and we only raid once a week for 2 hours). We were all looking forward to progression this week because we were hopeful we'd finally be able to down them. Now it's basically going to be impossible.

This fight was already a HUGE heals check that our heals were barely able to keep up with, and now you're both nerfing their heals and the tanks health? Yeah, thanks, but no thanks.

This change needs to be undone immediately, or what little is left of the NIM raiding community will die. Or better yet, just do like literally EVERYONE has been asking and make this level 75 content.

Anyaka_Jedi
02.14.2020 , 04:09 PM | #2
Be careful and the elitist trolls will come out of the wood work, They are already out in full force in the maintenance thread....

theJudeAbides
02.14.2020 , 04:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyaka_Jedi View Post
Be careful and the elitist trolls will come out of the wood work, They are already out in full force in the maintenance thread....
And how many of them are actually doing NIM progression here in 6.0/6.1?!? Why is BW listening to people who don't even play this content, as opposed to the people who do?

Anyaka_Jedi
02.14.2020 , 05:25 PM | #4
What happens is that they will clear the content in a week and go do something else and in the mean time complain about of lack of content / challenge. And the devs listen to them, change the game and the rest that keep the game alive are stuck with the consequences. Frankly, it saddens me that there is a gap between the haves and have nots in this game and the arbitrary line that divides the ppl. Why is there such favouritism? Why does the vocal minority dictate the game? This change affected everyone, why not be transparent?

MJSCHNEIDER
02.15.2020 , 08:37 AM | #5
I think the only way they will even consider putting the stacks back on is if enough people leave and put in their "reason for leaving" note that they dont like the changes to the stacks.
Let those handful of teams that cried about it being too easy enjoy their moment of awesomeness. After seing some of their behaviour I don't really feel the need to to give them more oportunities for their comments any more by asking for some reason.

Anyaka_Jedi
02.15.2020 , 09:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MJSCHNEIDER View Post
I think the only way they will even consider putting the stacks back on is if enough people leave and put in their "reason for leaving" note that they dont like the changes to the stacks.
Let those handful of teams that cried about it being too easy enjoy their moment of awesomeness. After seing some of their behaviour I don't really feel the need to to give them more oportunities for their comments any more by asking for some reason.
They're alienating ppl with their elitism just so they feel special about 5+ year old content. And then they complain that there isn't any players to pug with anything decent. Instead doing something to help out starting out raiders expanding the community.

dready_tv
02.15.2020 , 10:04 AM | #7
I'm sorry but if you feel that with the stacks the content was challenging or even considering that the healing/dps check was high? Then you are clearly not ready for nim/mm content. With the stacks it is not a nim/mm operation anymore, not even close.
People have been so spoiled with being overgeared like crazy for what the content is actually tuned to, for a long time so welcome to nightmare mode. (simply not for everyone).
The stacks need to remain gone to represent what it is supposed to be. A Nightmare/Master Mode operation.

vampirecookies
02.15.2020 , 10:52 AM | #8
Personally I think they should make the stacks optional, and make extra achievements for clearing without VE. But thatís my opinion.
Sto'at Omnomnomasaur

merovejec
02.15.2020 , 01:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides View Post
And how many of them are actually doing NIM progression here in 6.0/6.1?!? Why is BW listening to people who don't even play this content, as opposed to the people who do?
There is a nice website called twitch where you can see people play, just go there once in a while and see what raids these people do. You will be surprised. I would rather say that these people ran the new ops just a few times until they beaten it and then felt no reason to play it again and went back to playing old stuff.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

AwesomeTacoCat
02.15.2020 , 03:24 PM | #10
I 100% agree. We do not have enough raiders left in the community to justify further limiting content to an even smaller subset of people.

Iíve had numerous groups fold since 6.0 due to inactivity. Most of the raiding discords on my server (SS) are completely dead.

Itís hard enough to find people for raid groups/subs now. Further limiting NiM content to just a select few is a terrible idea (especially given that hm is faceroll). If we had a population that was 10x what we currently had on this game, I think my opinion would be much different.

The devs need to stop exclusively listening to people from Failure, Better Now, etc. These guys are great, but they really donít necessarily represent a majority of the subscribers.