So there I was entering my Security Key Code when...

Reno_Tarshil

My ring finger slipped and hit the + key along with the enter key on the numpad. The + sign was added to the 8 digit security key and yet the game accepted it as valid.

Trippy.

Were you in God mode? 1-shot kills? Double loot, XP or coins? Unlimited ammo?

Were you in God mode? 1-shot kills? Double loot, XP or coins? Unlimited ammo?

Nope, but I just did the Heroic +2 Recruitment quest from the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa and even with a geared Treek and my Marauder equally geared having solo'd Blood and Sand on Tatooine this morning at 33 with groups of 5 mobs. I found myself getting rocked by level 30 Jedi in groups of 3 of 1 Elite and 2 Silvers.

Believe me I know what I'm doing on my Marauder but this Heroic just slapped me like sith slave I am...

Good thing I'm no where near my wall in my room right now.

My ring finger slipped and hit the + key along with the enter key on the numpad. The + sign was added to the 8 digit security key and yet the game accepted it as valid.

Trippy.

i would have to check, but it may only be looking at 8 chars, and ignoring anything beyond that. Ideally would flag as invalid, but also ok to ignore also.

It has to do with when it got entered as I do this kind of stuff frequently. If you hit enter first and then the + key or \ key as I usually do, then it takes it. If you accidentally hit \ or + and then enter, it will decline it. Essentially, it was already looking at your correct key before the extra keystroke was hit, but the extra key still populated on your screen.