Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Self Destruct Penalty

-PhYz-
12.17.2013 , 12:00 PM | #61
lol if theyre self-gratifying and thinking to themselves "ha stopped you getting the kill"

duzzn't matter!

"Ur STILL dead!"

:P

Phantasym
12.17.2013 , 02:10 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by rbl_holmes View Post
The penalty of zerging and awaiting a respawn timer seems enough to me.

I've self destructed a few times, some from hitting the wrong button at the wrong time, others from misjudging my wing span, and others from the over the top particle effects from the "explosions in space" completely obscuring view of anything for a few seconds and flying into something hidden in or behind the cloud.
I can't count the number of times I have sat there praying there was no satellite extension in front of me after blowing up a star fighting and only seeing fire and smoke for a few seconds and hoping I am flying through the gap. I feel like I am in the Days of thunder movie where they are telling me to go high and I can blow through.

TheJacobin
12.17.2013 , 03:32 PM | #63
I often self destruct this way - flying through debris and, oops, there is a satellite behind. Or when satellite circling, I press the instant turn rather than the shield boost - instant death.

LasagnaSurfer
01.03.2019 , 10:29 PM | #64
I just lost a match 33 to 50 where a level 9 character on our team self destructed 22 times.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

fabsus
01.04.2019 , 01:16 AM | #65
add him to your friendslist.
here we have the same problem with a player.

they are using it for doing conquest points fast and leveling the char.
after reaching the goal, they are changing the name. also try to take
a look in what guild they are. then report it to their guild lead.

reporting that player is okay, but don't expect anything.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

kjarnage
01.07.2019 , 08:18 PM | #66
I have often suggested there be more pve type tutorials to improve piloting. New pilots I task with reducing the number of times they self destruct with each match. The barrel roll can be deadly for even experienced pilots.

Stellarcrusade
01.08.2019 , 10:15 AM | #67
For me its the opposite, if I'm running and accidentally self-destruct due to a careless maneuver or missile break while someone is chasing me. I am disappointed because the pursuer will think he/she caused me to hit the obstacle.

Point is, when someone is hotly pursuing you, and you die, regardless if it shows up on the pursuers kills or not, he is partly responsible for your death - and both parties know it. So there shouldn't be any satisfaction by the corpse.

I also agree with most posts that personal kills or record is meaningless, the team win is all that is important.

That being said, some OTHER video games will register the kill to the last person who did damage to the victim before he died, it wouldn't be that hard to implement that. But really, its unimportant as personal record really is meaningless.