Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Making of Mek-Sha

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rantboi
08.24.2019 , 04:37 PM | #11
It looks awesome. I want to live there.

Nireesh
08.24.2019 , 10:58 PM | #12
Gotta say, this looks like a really awesome place. I'm looking forward to going there .

Very cool concept. The only thing that would've made it better is if there was low gravity like an asteroid actually would have, but obviously that wouldn't be so easy to do with the game as it is. I hope there aren't any elevators with long-waits though (with that vertical concept)

Lhancelot
08.26.2019 , 12:18 PM | #13
Dang. No feedback or response from Dan, I guess he has nothing to say about adding future companions or a new class/subclass to this new planet or perhaps to the existing planets in the future.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

Bulldogs_Rule
08.26.2019 , 07:28 PM | #14
Quote:
Itís also home to a big cast of interesting characters that I canít wait to see players interacting with during the storyline of Onslaught!
Is this confirmation of the return of Kai Zykken?
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Short: Georg thinks in all likelyhood this is a typical storm in a teacup. Those are cool, but not entirely productive.

midianlord
11.24.2019 , 05:36 PM | #15

You know what, that's it:

I'm done--I can't even anymore, this is just such a sad, pitiful joke.

Typical lazy, half-assed BioWare level-design with the same passages copy-pasted 100 times, priority on looking good --as long as you don't look too close-- but Dog hep you if you actually want to get anywhere or get anything done.

The Jedi investigators in that [HEROIC 2+]. Can somebody explain to me just where/how the **** I'm supposed to go to even to get there, because I've been looking for a way for almost an hour now, with nothing to show for it but having to /stuck out of geometry whilst going in circles.

Seriously, this map is needlessly tight, even more needlessly confusing, overly-convoluted *********** garbage, with lots of the usual brain-dead AI mob-packs for some good old BioWare deliberate time-padding thrown in.

Do you people even acknowledge the first, long- and well-understood thing about basic game design? Ever? Even after almost 25 years in business? Or are you still convinced that BioWare will always know better because they're BioWare?

Stop sniffing your own farts, stop the grating and laughably hypocritical tone-deaf Progressive virtue-signalling, stop treating your employees like absolute dog-****, and learn to make even halfway-decent, let alone good games again, that are actually fun to play that are even within spitting distance of respecting player agency and giving the merest illusion of actual options.

Because your writing and world-building sure as **** aren't going to carry you anymore, let alone the goodwill of what's left of your fanbase, and you're even more sure as **** not going to get away with the blatant fraud that was/is Anthem a second time.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Xina_LA
11.25.2019 , 08:45 AM | #16
There were things about Mek-sha that I really loved.

I liked the aerial views, the lighting, the holo-signs, and the boardwalk feel. I also liked the idea that it's in flux because they recently kicked out the Hutts.

But there were things I strongly disliked --

* Copying the neighborhood design from Ready Player One and then copy/pasting to the point it looks completely, laughably unrealistic. Why would anyone stack cargo crates that high and how would you navigate them?

* Gluing items together in an obvious way instead of making new ones. For example, that's not a podium Huttbreaker's using for her speech, that's the sith scroll case with the gambler's mic glued on the top... POORLY.

* Not enough variety of mobs. There shouldn't be a member of the Brothers every 25 feet. That cult really knows how to recruit!

* There weren't enough ways into and out of the junk pits.

* The QT points didn't seem to match up where they appeared to be on the map, sometimes not all of them appear on the map, and the routing between them is awkward.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--