Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

OlBuzzard
08.24.2019 , 07:24 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’m a bit confused. Could you please clarify something for me.

Are you saying that lvl 70-75 will be heavily dependent on accuracy for all classes? I assume this is from testing on the PTS.
And that our current amount of alacrity won’t give us a 1.4s GCD?
Kind of makes you wonder what we use to make up the difference. OR .. perhaps that are other components that are not out in the open just yet which we will be needing. The 3rd option .. there will be new builds that we need to follow in order to be affective in 6.0

As you say Trixx… interesting.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

phalczen
08.24.2019 , 07:34 PM | #42
I’m a bit confused. Could you please clarify something for me.

Are you saying that lvl 70-75 will be heavily dependent on accuracy for all classes? I assume this is from testing on the PTS.
And that our current amount of alacrity won’t give us a 1.4s GCD?
No, the classes aren't going to be any more dependent on accuracy then they are right now. However, the amount of accuracy rating you will need, at level 75, to reach 9%, is much higher than the amount you currently need at 70. At 70, you can hit 9% accuracy with 757 accuracy rating, on Live. But if the equations on PTS hold true to live 6.0, at level 75 you will need 1590 accuracy rating to reach that 9%. That's more than double what you need currently and I just did the math and figured how many enhancements and augments you would need to get to 1590 rating using only 248 stuff, since the 252 and 258 stuff is bound to slot and I dont have a ton of those anyway.

Now, you won't need that 1590 until you get to 75, but the amount of accuracy rating you'll need to stay at 9% will go up from 757 as you level. For example, changing the 75 in the equation to a 71 means you need 1506 accuracy rating to cross that 9% threshold. It is possible that 757 will not equate to 9% even at level 70 any more because of the change in the equations, but that's not easy to test on PTS right now because no one has the patience to level from 1 to 70. The boost terminals just bump you right to 75, no other choice. I actually think its quite likely that our level 70 gear won't have the same final percentages on the character sheet that they do now on the day 6.0 drops.

Similar things happen with alacrity and critical, of course, the same ratings you have now will not be enough to reach those targets at 75. If you only use 248 item modifications and crafted 228 augments, then you won't have any room leftover for much else other than critical, but if you want to know you need 1212 alacrity rating at level 75 to hit the 1.4s GCD, as opposed to the 702 you need currently. There's enough Alacrity on 248 earpieces/implants/offhand with 240 alacrity augs to pass 1212 so if that's how you have your gear set up currently you should at least hit the 1.4s GCD. You can move some of your left side augments around to meet that criteria, if you like, but if you've chosen to get 258 masterwork adept earpieces and implants instead of quick savant I wouldn't necessarily trade them out.

I mean this is all academic, I was bored so I figured it out. I doubt we will be spending a ton of time between 70 and 75 that it really matters before we will start getting appropriate gear. I'm also completely underestimating the effects, if any, that rating 160 armorings will have on overall survivability between 70 and 75. Its possible the DvL armor may be a hindrance in leveling at that tier than it helps. I know that characters have a miss penalty against mobs (or players, if in open world pvp) higher level then they are, so making sure I have enough accuracy will mitigate that somewhat. If I have a little too much accuracy rating for level 71 -74 it will help address that potential problem. There's no new "content" on PTS so I have no idea if outleveling Mek-Sha and Onderon are possible, let alone likely scenarios.

There will be Bolster, of course, but how Bolster will work with this new level-sync tech they are installing for older ops is unclear, since no one on PTS is level 50, 55, or 60. If a level 75 goes into anything other than Dxun they'll be level synced down but if a 50 goes into any op released after Explosive Conflict we don't know what happens, nor anything about what happens in between. So something will happen to your stats as a level 72 when you join your friends in story mode GOTM but I can't predict what. Will it be wise to wear the DvL armor geared out the way I've described? I don't know. But I doubt it will matter for long.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

OlBuzzard
08.24.2019 , 08:04 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
No, the classes aren't going to be any more dependent on accuracy then they are right now. However, the amount of accuracy rating you will need, at level 75, to reach 9%, is much higher than the amount you currently need at 70. At 70, you can hit 9% accuracy with 757 accuracy rating, on Live. But if the equations on PTS hold true to live 6.0, at level 75 you will need 1590 accuracy rating to reach that 9%. That's more than double what you need currently and I just did the math and figured how many enhancements and augments you would need to get to 1590 rating using only 248 stuff, since the 252 and 258 stuff is bound to slot and I dont have a ton of those anyway.

Now, you won't need that 1590 until you get to 75, but the amount of accuracy rating you'll need to stay at 9% will go up from 757 as you level. For example, changing the 75 in the equation to a 71 means you need 1506 accuracy rating to cross that 9% threshold. It is possible that 757 will not equate to 9% even at level 70 any more because of the change in the equations, but that's not easy to test on PTS right now because no one has the patience to level from 1 to 70. The boost terminals just bump you right to 75, no other choice. I actually think its quite likely that our level 70 gear won't have the same final percentages on the character sheet that they do now on the day 6.0 drops.

Similar things happen with alacrity and critical, of course, the same ratings you have now will not be enough to reach those targets at 75. If you only use 248 item modifications and crafted 228 augments, then you won't have any room leftover for much else other than critical, but if you want to know you need 1212 alacrity rating at level 75 to hit the 1.4s GCD, as opposed to the 702 you need currently. There's enough Alacrity on 248 earpieces/implants/offhand with 240 alacrity augs to pass 1212 so if that's how you have your gear set up currently you should at least hit the 1.4s GCD. You can move some of your left side augments around to meet that criteria, if you like, but if you've chosen to get 258 masterwork adept earpieces and implants instead of quick savant I wouldn't necessarily trade them out.

I mean this is all academic, I was bored so I figured it out. I doubt we will be spending a ton of time between 70 and 75 that it really matters before we will start getting appropriate gear. I'm also completely underestimating the effects, if any, that rating 160 armorings will have on overall survivability between 70 and 75. Its possible the DvL armor may be a hindrance in leveling at that tier than it helps. I know that characters have a miss penalty against mobs (or players, if in open world pvp) higher level then they are, so making sure I have enough accuracy will mitigate that somewhat. If I have a little too much accuracy rating for level 71 -74 it will help address that potential problem. There's no new "content" on PTS so I have no idea if outleveling Mek-Sha and Onderon are possible, let alone likely scenarios.

There will be Bolster, of course, but how Bolster will work with this new level-sync tech they are installing for older ops is unclear, since no one on PTS is level 50, 55, or 60. If a level 75 goes into anything other than Dxun they'll be level synced down but if a 50 goes into any op released after Explosive Conflict we don't know what happens, nor anything about what happens in between. So something will happen to your stats as a level 72 when you join your friends in story mode GOTM but I can't predict what. Will it be wise to wear the DvL armor geared out the way I've described? I don't know. But I doubt it will matter for long.
I realize that you were primarily posting this for Trixx…

I hope that you don't mind my interjection here but IMO some of the finer details when testing is often difficult to ascertain for a certainty. Many times the primary function of those tests are to determine ( in this case) armor functionality without creating unforeseen "crashes" or incompatibility with other issues within the game. IMO... this is why some of the components and areas have not been released yet. It keeps all of that under wraps until release but it gives the development team a "snapshot" of information they are needing. This is not meant to be critical in any way shape fashion or form... just an observation that I have seen before in other tests of other games.

Your information is VERY interesting. It also tells me that some of those "gaps" will need to be filled in. NOW .. I'm really curious now about the new armor that is going to be released. PvE players like my self will no doubt figure things out with a lot less frustration than PvP.

BTW... it should be noted that this is not a rant of any sort.. Just reviewing over what you have so generously provided.

I almost wish I had taken part of this PTS (even if only bits and pieces of the new stuff has been totally revealed at this point).

Banthabreeder
08.24.2019 , 09:06 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I almost wish I had taken part of this PTS (even if only bits and pieces of the new stuff has been totally revealed at this point).
The testing isn't over. PTS 2.0 should be up next week. Hopefully, things they found in PTS 1.5 that weren't working are now, as well, I'm sure a whole slew of new things will be needed to be tested since you'll more than likely be able to transfer a char over to the PTS. On top of that, I'm not 100% sure about this but I thought i read there will also need to be a PTS 3.0 test. How on earth there will be time, I have no idea. Especially if this expansion is to be released in 4 weeks.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

TrixxieTriss
08.24.2019 , 09:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post

Thanks for the detailed reply. It now makes sense to me what you’re saying. I hadn’t thought about the increased numbers vs percentages.

I think I’ll stock pile a bunch of alacrity, Accuracy and some crit augments. It would seem they will be more useful/valuable to tweak secondary stats than versatile Augments as we level up.

Time to dump my excess versatile Augments on the GTN

phalczen
08.25.2019 , 01:10 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by RameiArashi View Post
All I'm doing is getting characters to level 70 and through Jedi Under Siege, Hearts And Minds, Mysterious Observers.
Its interesting that you mention that. The CXP reward from all those missions (including the various stages of JUS) is pretty modest, about the same as a daily, but that doesn't mean they won't give decent mission Experience Points. For that reason, I actually haven't completed "story content" on several less used toons. I'm saving up first time run-throughs of KOTFE/KOTET, even some that haven't finished their class story, just to have stuff to level through.

That being said, I suspect there will be just enough in the main story of the expansion, including the Corellia flashpoint at the end, to get a character from level 70 to 75, even without the DvL armor. But, at least if I get there (level 75) with the previous content, then all my time in the "traitor" Fractured Alliance flashpoints and on the expansion planets can be at end game/Renown.

I wonder if the daily bonus activity is even going to continue to exist post 6.0. I forgot to check that out in the Activities window when I was on PTS this phase, but I'm sure someone knows. JUS stuff, the traitor-related stuff from Iokath onward (except the FPs of course), and of course the old class stories are all considered "Planetary Missions" as far as the daily bonus is concerned, so I suspect that's where the 6.0 content will fall as well.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

OlBuzzard
08.25.2019 , 06:53 AM | #47
Thanks for the detailed reply. It now makes sense to me what you’re saying. I hadn’t thought about the increased numbers vs percentages.

I think I’ll stock pile a bunch of alacrity, Accuracy and some crit augments. It would seem they will be more useful/valuable to tweak secondary stats than versatile Augments as we level up.

Time to dump my excess versatile Augments on the GTN
Oddly enough … those augments you plan on stocking up on are the ones I mainly use anyways !

OlBuzzard
08.25.2019 , 06:56 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
The testing isn't over. PTS 2.0 should be up next week. Hopefully, things they found in PTS 1.5 that weren't working are now, as well, I'm sure a whole slew of new things will be needed to be tested since you'll more than likely be able to transfer a char over to the PTS. On top of that, I'm not 100% sure about this but I thought i read there will also need to be a PTS 3.0 test. How on earth there will be time, I have no idea. Especially if this expansion is to be released in 4 weeks.
That's something to seriously consider !

Time wise from 2.0 to 3.0 … ??

3.0 could simply be the last step to confirm a couple of items … or even a one and done scenario. IMO.. It just depends on how smoothly the rest goes.

At any rate. I'll seriously think about 2.0

TYVM !

TrixxieTriss
08.25.2019 , 09:19 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
That's something to seriously consider !

Time wise from 2.0 to 3.0 … ??

3.0 could simply be the last step to confirm a couple of items … or even a one and done scenario. IMO.. It just depends on how smoothly the rest goes.

At any rate. I'll seriously think about 2.0

TYVM !
I doubt they have time for 3.0 if they intend a September launch. You might see 2.1 on an over night patch to fix some bug, but that’s probably it. They’ll just leave 2.0 up for longer than they’ve left 1.0 & 1.5 (hopefully)

Jdast
08.25.2019 , 09:34 PM | #50
I'm certain some will interpret this as me trying to be super edgy and witty (which I normally am), but in this case -- no. For me, and given my playstyle preferences...

I'm not doing squat and am playing ESO and have been since May 20. I have logged in once to SWTOR to purchase the adorable little swimsuit armor.

I like MMORPGs for the purpose of progressing my characters in a meaningful way. In this case, that means either through story content or by getting better gear.

I have 24 characters through the story, though not all through the breadcrumb quest that came out with Dantooine.

Since they are obliterating Galactic Command and calling it Renown, which resets to zero, I had zero incentive this summer to get Command levels higher. Sure, I could have earned more credits, but I have more than I know what to do with now.

With the possible exception of augments, which I can already make, there is really nothing I can do to prep for 6.0 given the massive changes to gearing and the near certainty that even Ossus gear will be replaced virtually immediately through the process of leveling. Moreover, does anyone really think they need Ossus gear to successfully level from 70 to 75?

Finally, by taking a 4 month break from the game (assuming Onslaught is released in late September), I'll have that SWTOR itch again on my gorgeous Hutt butt that needs scratching. Sadly, my arms are too short to reach it. Anyone care to help?

Dasty