Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

ceryxp
08.23.2019 , 09:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I think I’m correct in saying XP boosts don’t currently increase any XP you’d get from activities once you reach max lvl 70. Which makes them redundant when you hit lvl 70.
Why would that change when the new highest target lvl will be 75.
I’m not sure XP boosts will be any more relevant towards renown than they are to CXP.
Because of this part from the quote.

Quote:
A portion of all Experience Points gained is converted into Renown Points. Any increases to experience points increases this. This Experience conversion is on top of the existing Renown Points. (Think of the XP conversion as a bonus on the existing values).

A renown boost will effect ALL renown gains. This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together, if that's your thing!
What happens and the way things work now are irrelevant because 6.0 is making some major changes to GC. Its been confirmed that Renown is only at lvl 75, so the above means that with 6.0 using an XP boost at lvl 75 will increase one's Renown gains.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

IoNonSoEVero
08.23.2019 , 09:38 PM | #22
We don’t know that exactly. At least I’ve not seen any confirmation on those mats.

What we do know is they will be adding new Augments for lvl 72-75. This will mean new mats will be required and not the old ones. So unless you want lower lvl Augments than lvl 72-75, you don’t need to go on a max crafting binge,

I’ve made a bunch and already got most of my Alts equiped till I get to lvl 75 and craft newer ones. But if you’ve already equipped them all, you don’t need to make extras.

I would expect Bioware probably just increase the frequency or places you can get the CMT and stabilisers. So their value will drop regardless. If you’ve got a heap, then I’d start off loading those instead of making Augments. It’s part of the reason why CMTs have dropped to 300-400k on the GTN. People are dumping them before the price drops more.
Thank you. That clarifies things a little. I don't have all my characters equipped yet completely (some are, some only have a few 236 or 240s) so I'll use up what I have for them.

I've already reconciled myself to the fact that the newer augments will be out of reach because the mats will likely be inaccessible to me as a solo player, just as the Ossus ones are. So 240s are probably the best my characters will ever get.

TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 09:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Because of this part from the quote.

What happens and the way things work now are irrelevant because 6.0 is making some major changes to GC. Its been confirmed that Renown is only at lvl 75, so the above means that with 6.0 using an XP boost at lvl 75 will increase one's Renown gains.
But will the XP boosts apply or not at lvl 75. Because they have been very vague regarding that.

TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 09:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Thank you. That clarifies things a little. I don't have all my characters equipped yet completely (some are, some only have a few 236 or 240s) so I'll use up what I have for them.

I've already reconciled myself to the fact that the newer augments will be out of reach because the mats will likely be inaccessible to me as a solo player, just as the Ossus ones are. So 240s are probably the best my characters will ever get.
Don’t stress too much, I’d assume they will add grade 11 blue items to then reverse engineer to purple items. Only the yellow items will have the hard to get mats. It’s quiet possible you will be alright with the grade 11 purple Augments. But we’ll have to wait and see.
In the mean time to play it safe, just get all your Alts into 236-240 Augments as these might still be better than any grade 11 purple augs.

phalczen
08.23.2019 , 10:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Wait, so the CMTs and refined isotope stabilizers will be going out of the game entirely? So one will no longer be able to craft the 236 and 240 augments at all? If that's the case it's time to craft a lot of augments. I'm guessing that I won't be able to get the more advanced mats as a solo player so I wasn't even considering making anything with grade 11 materials, the same way I haven't bothered with the recipes available on Ossus because of the mats.
I expect one or both of two things to happen:
  1. The schematics for 236 and 240 augments will be changed to use regularly obtained grade 10 stuff
  2. The crafted artifact version of augments at level 75 will be several item ratings higher than a 240 augment

Remember that 236 and 240 augments were an anomaly, brought in to create a gear grind in between 5.0 and the veteran mode of Gods from the Machine. There will probably be an artifact tier of augments, with the blue prototype schematics coming from slicing missions, at the same item rating as the initial level of crafted end-game level 75 stuff. Just like 228 augments came out at the same time as all the other crafted artifact 228 gear at the start of 5.0, and 208 augments before that in 4.0, etc. etc. The legendary 306 augments on PTS may or may not be craftable, but even if they are, they won't use CMTs or memory cores, they will use a grade 11 material.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

phalczen
08.23.2019 , 10:45 PM | #26
But will the XP boosts apply or not at lvl 75. Because they have been very vague regarding that.
I dunno Trix this answer is pretty clear:
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
XP Boosts: Will impact Renown gain! Let me explain a little how this works below:

A portion of all Experience Points gained is converted into Renown Points. Any increases to experience points increases this. This Experience conversion is on top of the existing Renown Points. (Think of the XP conversion as a bonus on the existing values).

A renown boost will effect ALL renown gains. This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together, if that's your thing!
How would you interpret the sentence "This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together" coupled with later statements by Musco clarifying that you don't earn renown until 75?

Yes, you are absolutely right that this is a big change to the way Experience Boosts work. Bound ones never had a value beyond level cap, but that appears to be about to change. Its strange to think that a player should actually save up all their Experience Boosts they earn during their leveling and class story and not use them while leveling, in order to save them to speed up gearing at level cap. Pretty counter-intuitive, if you ask me, and it invites the crazy "double-monetization" thread I linked above.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 11:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I dunno Trix this answer is pretty clear:

How would you interpret the sentence "This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together" coupled with later statements by Musco clarifying that you don't earn renown until 75?

Yes, you are absolutely right that this is a big change to the way Experience Boosts work. Bound ones never had a value beyond level cap, but that appears to be about to change. Its strange to think that a player should actually save up all their Experience Boosts they earn during their leveling and class story and not use them while leveling, in order to save them to speed up gearing at level cap. Pretty counter-intuitive, if you ask me, and it invites the crazy "double-monetization" thread I linked above.
Hmmm, well you might be right. I’m just going to wait and see.

I think having XP boosts work at lvl 75 is a silly idea and counter productive like you mentioned.

I can see them adding some sort of new boosters for lvl 75 and then putting them on the CM for p2w or p2 get gear faster. But as long as those same boosts are also readily available in the game, then it won’t have as big an impact.

IoNonSoEVero
08.24.2019 , 01:21 AM | #28
Don’t stress too much, I’d assume they will add grade 11 blue items to then reverse engineer to purple items. Only the yellow items will have the hard to get mats. It’s quiet possible you will be alright with the grade 11 purple Augments. But we’ll have to wait and see.
In the mean time to play it safe, just get all your Alts into 236-240 Augments as these might still be better than any grade 11 purple augs.
Thank you - all of the gearing for 6.0 has me both confused and nervous. I'd thought my characters would be okay with their 248s and 252s but it doesn't seem like that is going to necessarily be the case. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I think it might be.

I'm also concerned about the mats needed to make the MK-11 augment kits and the costs being quoted on the PTS to install augment slots - another reason I'm assuming that it's going to be better for me to stick with the 236/240s. CMTs are raining from command crates right now so at least the mats to make those have become plentiful.

DzastinBiberi
08.24.2019 , 03:14 AM | #29
We're getting new isotopes, so burn/sell your current one's.

ceryxp
08.24.2019 , 05:38 AM | #30
Hmmm, well you might be right. I’m just going to wait and see.

I think having XP boosts work at lvl 75 is a silly idea and counter productive like you mentioned.

I can see them adding some sort of new boosters for lvl 75 and then putting them on the CM for p2w or p2 get gear faster. But as long as those same boosts are also readily available in the game, then it won’t have as big an impact.
It would be rather counter productive. Their intent is that Renown is a supplemental means for gear acquisition. This is made evident by the fact that on the last PTS build each Renown level was 80,000 RXP. I wasn't running an XP boost, but doing a few flashpoints and running some dailies to see how conquest would be under the new system I only went up around 5 Renown levels. Compared to live where I can get 4 GC levels at rank 300 doing Yavin with a CXP boost. If someone plans to acquire gear through Galactic Renown it's going to be a very slow go of it.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj