Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New class needed for SWTOR

OlBuzzard
08.23.2019 , 08:11 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
Exactly my thinking. The big debate is really New Advanced Classes or New Disciplines.

New Disciplines is arguably less resource intensive 8 advanced classes (and mirrors) x 1 discipline is 8 disciplines needing to be created vs. New classes 4 base classes (and mirrors) x 3 disciplines each is 12 disciplines and base mechanics... so probably twice as much work when you consider base mechanics.

BUT... a new advanced class allows for a lot more flexibility of design than just another discipline. You can change the weapons the class uses (a bounty hunter assassin getting rifles/sniper rifles instead of 1-2 pistols) and employ different core mechanics (ex. stealth field generators) instead of having to squeeze every skill for the concept into just the four skills you get from your discipline.

I also think there'd be some issues in terms of adding a new spec type... what does a scoundrel tank spec look like with the pistol/scattergun, stealth generator and upper hand mechanic look like? One of its discipline skills would have to be a gap closer and two others would need to be the taunts since they're not native to the scoundrel chassis. You'd also have to deal with the limited heals the Scoundrel gets that no tank spec has available.

That's why, despite the volume of work needed, I think it'd actually be easier to create and balance out new advanced classes than new specs giving roles a class has never had before. A new class lets you build in all the tools a typical class with a given set of three specs would have using the numbers and general traits common to the existing tank, heal, burst and dot specs.
Essentially this then goes from a complete new class ... to a new sub-class.

I also believe that all of your points are valid !! What OP is looking for would be either a Jedi (Republic side) or Sith .. (Empire side).

Edited
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

TonyTricicolo
08.24.2019 , 05:55 AM | #42
BH Tracker/Trooper Ranger
"Name" uses it's environment to it's advantage. Expert in traps, snares, and camouflage.
Main weapon: Sniper rifle Off hand: Hatchet
Specials:
Snipe shot-Deadly shot made out of stealth.
Tomahawk throw: Throws hatchet at enemy, applies bleed and snare.
Razornet: Deployable aoe
Seeker droid: heat seeking explosive droid
Mask scent: Reduces threat by a large amount.

Basically it's the scout/ranger/spy/bh from swg.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

sharkfishman
08.25.2019 , 08:58 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
BH Tracker/Trooper Ranger
"Name" uses it's environment to it's advantage. Expert in traps, snares, and camouflage.
Main weapon: Sniper rifle Off hand: Hatchet
Specials:
Snipe shot-Deadly shot made out of stealth.
Tomahawk throw: Throws hatchet at enemy, applies bleed and snare.
Razornet: Deployable aoe
Seeker droid: heat seeking explosive droid
Mask scent: Reduces threat by a large amount.

Basically it's the scout/ranger/spy/bh from swg.
This is a cool. A ranged stealth class. Me like.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

lightSaberAddiCt
08.25.2019 , 10:25 AM | #44
I mean I could see them possibly adding an advanced class to tank classes. But to the poster that said they should get rid of Maras, man you are crazy. There would be a riot. But I honestly, don't see them doing this. But who knows.

Also, keep this in mind, that tank if giving healing would be OP as ****! They would have to take into consideration that you have a healer with heavy armor, they would have to disable all his/her defensive cool downs etc. It is not as easy as saying "well we can just take a tank and add a healing tree", it doesn't work like that.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32