Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New class needed for SWTOR


Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.21.2019 , 06:12 PM | #1
There needs to be a melee healer class added. Something along the lines of a Warrior Priest or Disciple of Khaine from the old MMO WAR.

Playing that style of gameplay was probably the most fun I had on any one class in all my times of PVPing on MMOs. You could fully wade into melee range, yet had great AoE healing and HoTs.

You also had heals that resulted from your direct melee attacks, so you were always busy meleeing to maximize your healing potential. It really was quite fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I've lost more SWTOR friends to excessive grind than to any other factor! Too many game companies think more grind = more player engagement = more player satisfaction - it doesn't. RNG is lazy, RNG is cheap, RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
08.21.2019 , 08:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
There needs to be a melee healer class added. Something along the lines of a Warrior Priest or Disciple of Khaine from the old MMO WAR.

Playing that style of gameplay was probably the most fun I had on any one class in all my times of PVPing on MMOs. You could fully wade into melee range, yet had great AoE healing and HoTs.

You also had heals that resulted from your direct melee attacks, so you were always busy meleeing to maximize your healing potential. It really was quite fun.
If I may ask a question or so ..

Name of new class: ?
Do you have a basis for the lore or subject to be rooted in ? Just curious !

Would this new class be a completely new class? A hybrid ?

What sort of weapons would they use ? I understand Melee / healing .. but do you have some specifics in mind?

None of this is meant to be critical. I'm just hoping that perhaps that by asking questions that it might get some creative juices flowing .. and perhaps give us a better idea of where you would like to go with this idea.

Keep working on the idea .. and don't give up !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
08.21.2019 , 09:47 PM | #3
I got a name for it.

Since it's a healer and melee, and most people needing a healer might want to get that person's attention during a fight,
the class should be called healme
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

MorseGod's Avatar


MorseGod
08.21.2019 , 09:53 PM | #4
Here's why this request is going to fall flat, as it always does:

A new class actually requires creating the base class with its two advanced classes, plus mirrors for the other faction. Each advanced class needs 3 disciplines. This also requires two new core storylines, one for each faction.

The devs simply aren't going to invest the necessary resources in that. Ever.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

LiesliaSau's Avatar


LiesliaSau
08.21.2019 , 10:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
A new class actually requires creating the base class with its two advanced classes, plus mirrors for the other faction. Each advanced class needs 3 disciplines. This also requires two new core storylines, one for each faction.
And minor adjustments for endgame content too.

But that's a pity, really. How marvelous it could be, a whole new story. Tons of content to refresh the players interest significantly. Pity, it's not the game that could afford this.
Star Forge. || Watching and silently judging. ||

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
08.21.2019 , 10:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Here's why this request is going to fall flat, as it always does:

A new class actually requires creating the base class with its two advanced classes, plus mirrors for the other faction. Each advanced class needs 3 disciplines. This also requires two new core storylines, one for each faction.

The devs simply aren't going to invest the necessary resources in that. Ever.
Actually ... I've taken the time to do that. And utilized a part of the game with established lore that has itself woven through out the game already.. My suggestion would be to add the new class post Iokath (or somewhere there about).

For the most part though I would like to have seen BW take the suggestion and make it their own work. They really are completely capable if they wanted to bad enough.

That said: I believe that in the end you are VERY correct. In the end it is highly unlikely that the resources needed to add a new class to the game will ever be spent on that sort of a project.

Kind of sad really. A new class added at this particular juncture could easily add more stories and much needed fresh content to the game. IMO.. that is a win-win for everyone !

But .. as you say. It's just not going to happen.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
08.22.2019 , 02:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LiesliaSau View Post
And minor adjustments for endgame content too.
There is class-specific dialogue *everywhere*.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

LiesliaSau's Avatar


LiesliaSau
08.22.2019 , 02:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There is class-specific dialogue *everywhere*.
Maybe a word or two in most cases? But yes, you're right, my bad.
Star Forge. || Watching and silently judging. ||

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
08.22.2019 , 06:05 AM | #9
Instead of a new class, I'd be very happy with a removal of weapon restrictions. Force users can use any lightsaber and NFU's can use any ranged weapon.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
08.22.2019 , 06:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
NFU's.
That sounds dirty.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.