Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN prices

LiesliaSau
08.21.2019 , 04:46 AM | #1
Hello there!

I'm trying to understand ingame economy, and so far I've noticed many complains about items on GTN being overpriced. So, how can you tell which price is right? How much credits for decorations, for example, will suffice?

I was trying to compare with current prices on GTN when smth is needed to be sold, but still can't understand if those things are overpriced.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, just recently began to do some not-story-related activities.
Star Forge. || Watching and silently judging. ||

ShieldProtection
08.21.2019 , 04:53 AM | #2
Hello,

I normally sell materials on gtn, I put price to lower than item total each, for example: 100each material for 95k or so, they sell pretty fast hourly even, but some materials are rare to get so some people sell them more higher prices, I think "gtn players" mostly buying my materials to sell them more higher pricetag.

Some days ago I sold Statue of the Emperor (from the false emperor flashpoint in imperial side) for like 350k, took 3-4 hours to sell as far as I remember,
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

LiesliaSau
08.21.2019 , 05:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ShieldProtection View Post
I normally sell materials on gtn, I put price to lower than item total each, for example: 100each material for 95k or so, they sell pretty fast hourly even, but some materials are rare to get so some people sell them more higher prices, I think "gtn players" mostly buying my materials to sell them more higher pricetag.
Oh. Thank you!
And do you buy anything on GTN? Were there prices you considered too hight? Is it pure personal opinion on each price?

Equeliber
08.21.2019 , 05:24 AM | #4
Prices are mostly personal preference. If you sell something, you start by looking at other postings of the same item. If the lowest posted one seems acceptable to you, you just post yours and undercut the lowest by a bit. If it seems too low and you would like more money for this item, you could wait until all the cheapest postings are sold out (big IF though) OR, like, gtn players do with some items, you can invest into buying out most of the postings and then re-post them with a higher price.

When buying, it's the same. If it "feels" like an acceptable price, you will buy it, if it's not, you will wait for it to go down (and it will, usually. If items aren't getting sold, sellers will eventually lower their prices).

The problem right now is that there is a very high amount of credits possessed by a small percentage of population (just like in real world, hehe). Those players can afford the "high" prices you might see. For them they are not even high. That's why certain items stay at 100mil and above - there are players who buy them, so why lower the price?

LiesliaSau
08.21.2019 , 06:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
For them they are not even high. That's why certain items stay at 100mil and above - there are players who buy them, so why lower the price?
But will they need this things? Will this small amount of people with credits buy all that 100mil lots? That's why i try to understand how GTN prices work.
Thank you very much! I think I get the main idea.

Kraysk
08.21.2019 , 06:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LiesliaSau View Post
But will they need this things? Will this small amount of people with credits buy all that 100mil lots? :confused: That's why i try to understand how GTN prices work.
Thank you very much! I think I get the main idea. :)
Small amount? You must be joking. 100 mil is nothing in current in-game economy, 99% of players have billions in their storage.

LiesliaSau
08.21.2019 , 06:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Small amount? You must be joking. 100 mil is nothing in current in-game economy, 99% of players have billions in their storage.
I don't know, I'm only referring to this statement:
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
The problem right now is that there is a very high amount of credits possessed by a small percentage of population (just like in real world, hehe).
So I'm sorry if I get it wrong.

kodrac
08.21.2019 , 07:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
99%? Um, no.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Iíd find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Lhancelot
08.21.2019 , 08:39 AM | #9
Hello there!

I'm trying to understand ingame economy, and so far I've noticed many complains about items on GTN being overpriced. So, how can you tell which price is right? How much credits for decorations, for example, will suffice?

I was trying to compare with current prices on GTN when smth is needed to be sold, but still can't understand if those things are overpriced.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, just recently began to do some not-story-related activities.
It takes time to learn the market, things ebb and flow in prices too. Take a few days watching prices, specific items, and you will start to recognize when items are rare or cheap at that particular time.

Buy things when they are rare and cheap then re-price them at higher prices to make a profit. Itís easily the best way to make credits along with crafting augs and other frequently used craft able items.

Also you can craft some cheap dyes for constant flow of credits, or cheap armor pieces that people like to use for their saved outfits/appearance slots.

Thereís really tons of ways to make credits on this game, just as anything you will have to invest some time into figuring out what will sell and what does not, and what are cheap prices versus expensive.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I've lost more SWTOR friends to excessive grind than to any other factor! Too many game companies think more grind = more player engagement = more player satisfaction - it doesn't. RNG is lazy, RNG is cheap, RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

SteveTheCynic
08.21.2019 , 09:00 AM | #10
If you're buying:
* If the price feels like it's low enough for you to want to pay it, then it's right for you, or at the very least it's not wrong.
* If you look at the price and think, "Ugh, not paying that," then it's wrong.

Nobody else but you can tell you if 100M credits is laughably low, OK, or terrifyingly high, *for*you*. If you don't like the look of a price, that's sufficient indication that it's probably too high for you.

But overall, there's no *absolute* standard of "right" and "wrong" prices. I value *this* more than *that*, while you can't even begin to imagine why anyone would want to buy *this*, but would pay all the credits you could hold plus half-a-dozen body parts for *that*. Which of us is right? Well, I'm right for me, and you're right for you.

Caveat: the most I've ever paid on the GTN for anything was 40 million, for the chest piece of the Satele Shan armour set.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.