Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is game dead?

Lhancelot
08.20.2019 , 10:04 AM | #21
The game is on life support, doctors are gathered around the hospital bed unsure what to do.

After discussing the situation, the doctors determine with nothing left to lose, they will attempt one more last ditch effort to pull the game back from the brink of the end of all... every doctor comes up with an idea, and the doctors decide every idea will be thrown at the game along with prayers and well wishes.

We won’t know the affects of these attempts to save the game, we can only hope and pray, like the good doctors charged with trying to make the game better.

It doesn’t look good, though. Keep your fingers crossed, and pray to the little grays the good doctors know what they are doing. I mean devs.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I've lost more SWTOR friends to excessive grind than to any other factor! Too many game companies think more grind = more player engagement = more player satisfaction - it doesn't. RNG is lazy, RNG is cheap, RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

DarkTergon
08.20.2019 , 12:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
The game is on life support, doctors are gathered around the hospital bed unsure what to do.

After discussing the situation, the doctors determine with nothing left to lose, they will attempt one more last ditch effort to pull the game back from the brink of the end of all... every doctor comes up with an idea, and the doctors decide every idea will be thrown at the game along with prayers and well wishes.

We won’t know the affects of these attempts to save the game, we can only hope and pray, like the good doctors charged with trying to make the game better.

It doesn’t look good, though. Keep your fingers crossed, and pray to the little grays the good doctors know what they are doing. I mean devs.
How would you know, in another post you said you've been away for a while and were looking to see what was new
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Lhancelot
08.20.2019 , 12:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
How would you know, in another post you said you've been away for a while and were looking to see what was new
I asked what is coming down the pipeline! Obviously nothing new has happened yet. I was hoping someone from PTS would answer the post. Oh well, when there’s only 25 active posters I shouldn’t expect a plethora of responses.
I've lost more SWTOR friends to excessive grind than to any other factor! Too many game companies think more grind = more player engagement = more player satisfaction - it doesn't. RNG is lazy, RNG is cheap, RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

DarkTergon
08.20.2019 , 01:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I asked what is coming down the pipeline! Obviously nothing new has happened yet. I was hoping someone from PTS would answer the post. Oh well, when there’s only 25 active posters I shouldn’t expect a plethora of responses.
There has been a few QOL, and little bits here and there, although, nothing much usually happens between story updates as such, last one being dantooine. 6.0 is the big thing coming down the pipeline. Was on the PTS, but all they had (at the time) was mostly just the new gear. No idea if they've put up any of the new planets, or places.
Also saw in another post Nautolan's are available for the BH at char creation on the PTS, haven't tried it myself, but could be worth a look
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Skulavich
08.20.2019 , 01:15 PM | #25
I had quit playing a few years ago for one reason or another and recently came back, The game seemed dead back then but now I'm really surprised at the activity and the number of people playing. I've noticed 100+ players on a planet sometimes.

Tsillah
08.20.2019 , 01:19 PM | #26
The game has been dead since 2012. That's why we're getting a new expansion next month.

Server forums though have never been that busy and I think discord finished them off.
Referral link for some extras: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Lhancelot
08.20.2019 , 04:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
The game has been dead since 2012. That's why we're getting a new expansion next month.

Server forums though have never been that busy and I think discord finished them off.
Is discord used for text communication too, or just voice?

Lhancelot
08.20.2019 , 04:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
There has been a few QOL, and little bits here and there, although, nothing much usually happens between story updates as such, last one being dantooine. 6.0 is the big thing coming down the pipeline. Was on the PTS, but all they had (at the time) was mostly just the new gear. No idea if they've put up any of the new planets, or places.
Also saw in another post Nautolan's are available for the BH at char creation on the PTS, haven't tried it myself, but could be worth a look
Thanks for the updates. Saves me time.

Rolodome
08.20.2019 , 04:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I think the more important question here is... Is game dad?
It's subjective. Whether the game is dad depends almost entirely on what your birth certificate says.

Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Twicepolar
08.20.2019 , 05:52 PM | #30
every mmorpg is dying. just check the forums on any game.