Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Halloween Event!

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.25.2019 , 07:30 AM | #1
I am requesting BW consider doing a old-school type of Halloween Event, like EQ1 always had during it's early years... They would plant on random mobs of all levels loots.

People ran around killing the mobs and they were like pinatas, busting with all kinds of loot. Nothing to extremely rare high worth loots would drop, and even some event only items dropped making it even more worthwhile participating!

If this isn't something to consider, how about opening up the slot machines on Nar Shaddaa and having them drop extremely rare event only items? There could be special Halloween "masks" etc. Weapons, armor pieces, etc. To make it easier to implement, just add the random droppable loots into the machines, and don't bother with special vendors, although special Halloween vendors would add a lot to the event! If special vendors were opened up, they could have them selling unique Halloween armor sets, weapons, etc., too. A Halloween Companion, perhaps?

Just some thoughts on how to liven up the game and be festive at the same time.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
08.25.2019 , 08:54 AM | #2
+1 I am for it.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
08.25.2019 , 09:29 AM | #3
Or like WoW! Special Boss that has a chance to drop rare loot that you can kill every day for the whole time of the event. (NO weekly lockouts.)

Would be fun but sadly they do not have time to implement that with the launch of the new expac. They're pushing all they have right now to making that work & hitting launch time.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
08.25.2019 , 10:45 AM | #4
Personally, since SWTOR takes place in "a galaxy long ago and far, far, away" plus the fact that it's an "international" game, I'm not generally in favour of adding more "this world" stuff into the game.
The "holiday season" - Christmas, Winter Solstice, Quanza, etc - is reasonably universal, so I'll give it a pass.
Halloween may be somewhat universal, but I assume that even where it's done, it's often done differently. But maybe some form of Octoberfest/Halloweeny is OK.

But surely we need to stay away from national holidays (Canada Day, Independence Day, etc) and things like Thanksgiving and (shudder) Black Friday, etc.

"Won't somebody think of the RP'ers"

(No - I'm not an RP'er, )
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
08.25.2019 , 11:58 AM | #5
I think it would be good idea, but it hasn't happened yet so I doubt it will, especially with the skeleton crew they have. Most other mmo's I've played have had events during Halloween, it may even help entice more people to play, not exclusively by itself, but more events is almost always better.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
08.25.2019 , 01:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Personally, since SWTOR takes place in "a galaxy long ago and far, far, away" plus the fact that it's an "international" game, I'm not generally in favour of adding more "this world" stuff into the game.
The "holiday season" - Christmas, Winter Solstice, Quanza, etc - is reasonably universal, so I'll give it a pass.
Halloween may be somewhat universal, but I assume that even where it's done, it's often done differently. But maybe some form of Octoberfest/Halloweeny is OK.

But surely we need to stay away from national holidays (Canada Day, Independence Day, etc) and things like Thanksgiving and (shudder) Black Friday, etc.

"Won't somebody think of the RP'ers"

(No - I'm not an RP'er, )
I'm inclined to agree we need to stay away from RL holidays, though mostly because I'd rather they cook up something new and creative.

And yah, no Black Friday nonsense. We got enough marketing in the game as is, not to mention Black Friday means something totally different where I live. (My parents still get jittery every time the sky turns green...)
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
08.25.2019 , 02:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I am requesting BW consider doing a old-school type of Halloween Event, like EQ1 always had during it's early years... They would plant on random mobs of all levels loots.

People ran around killing the mobs and they were like pinatas, busting with all kinds of loot. Nothing to extremely rare high worth loots would drop, and even some event only items dropped making it even more worthwhile participating!

If this isn't something to consider, how about opening up the slot machines on Nar Shaddaa and having them drop extremely rare event only items? There could be special Halloween "masks" etc. Weapons, armor pieces, etc. To make it easier to implement, just add the random droppable loots into the machines, and don't bother with special vendors, although special Halloween vendors would add a lot to the event! If special vendors were opened up, they could have them selling unique Halloween armor sets, weapons, etc., too. A Halloween Companion, perhaps?

Just some thoughts on how to liven up the game and be festive at the same time.
I know where you can find an old vulture like creature to sit at the door next to the grim reaper !


http:///i.pinimg.com/736x/77/7d/74/7...y-cartoons.jpg
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.26.2019 , 08:50 AM | #8
If they add a Halloween Event, then they are going to need to add the other holidays and that is something I don't think they will do. You can't do one without the others.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.26.2019 , 12:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
If they add a Halloween Event, then they are going to need to add the other holidays and that is something I don't think they will do. You can't do one without the others.
Well I understand the sentiment, but let's take a look at things now. The game already has a Christmas type holiday in, obviously it's based off that. They could easily incorporate a Halloween type event and call it whatever they want.

As for others in the thread, I don't know how anyone can be offended that a game has an event that is loosely based off actual holiday events etc., I am not even a festive person I guess that's why I don't take them seriously I just take them as fun events in a game.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
08.26.2019 , 12:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
If they add a Halloween Event, then they are going to need to add the other holidays and that is something I don't think they will do. You can't do one without the others.
Not trying to be argumentative BUT we have Life Day without the rest .. sooo if we added another one we could call it

Well let's look at some possible names:
1. Allhallow's EVE
2. Feast of Helloweene
3. Feast of Death Celebration
4. Festival of the Dead
5. Night of the Uhallowed Hutteese
6 . Night Festival of the Ewoks !

just to name a few. I'm quite certain that there are many other good names out there !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|