Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

With the Cantina on Oct 4th, I am going to speculate Onslaught gets pushed to Oct 1.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
With the Cantina on Oct 4th, I am going to speculate Onslaught gets pushed to Oct 1.

CaptRogue
08.24.2019 , 01:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I'll speculate that therefore, 6.0 will be released on August the 23.

Oops, oh well. But that speculation was almost as good as any other.
^Exactly. lol

All his doomsday nay saying approach about how bad BW/EA is going to screw up & postpone the launch, blah blah blah, etc...

It does NO good for anyone or anything. All it is, is a bunch of drama feeding crap.

Until they come forward & state hey we are postponing it, chill. They said Sept. NEVER a date, just Sept.
Just because they're still using the PTS, doesn't mean crap either, even if it's based on X back in the day & Joe Schmoe's theory of what they've done in the past, still don't mean crap. lol
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

fushnchips
08.24.2019 , 02:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
^Just because they're still using the PTS, doesn't mean crap either, even if it's based on X back in the day & Joe Schmoe's theory of what they've done in the past, still don't mean crap. lol
lol are you serious of course it matters because of testing and also stress testing that can't really be done on the PTS because only a number of people use the PTS.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

OlBuzzard
08.24.2019 , 03:56 PM | #23
I'll speculate that therefore, 6.0 will be released on August the 23.

Oops, oh well. But that speculation was almost as good as any other.
ROFL !!

YIP !!!

[/rolls dice ]

Ummm… I might need to change mine... now that I think about it !!

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

kcirevamnalyd
08.24.2019 , 09:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
What's the over/under?
*Friday Sept 27th.
I think a Monday Sept. 30th patch and release. Bioware still gets to promote a Sept launch but gets 4 weeks of testing and/or PTS access.
Odessen: Republic Trooper: We can't do everything on our own. We need more people or better equipment.
Not All Heroes Use the Force.

Zaldalia
08.25.2019 , 07:55 AM | #25
i really hope i dont have to wait till the 24 or even into oct to play this "expansion" swtor on the back burner now for the far better FF14 shadowbringers expansion but i would love to come back to swtor if they came out with something worthwhile to do

CaptRogue
08.25.2019 , 09:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
lol are you serious of course it matters because of testing and also stress testing that can't really be done on the PTS because only a number of people use the PTS.
^And you just proved my point. lol Didn't think before you wrote that??
You can't test everything on the PTS as you stated.
They won't test everything on the PTS (e.g. story, operation story/mechanics, loot drops, etc...) either.
They wait for live for some of that or if they are testing some of that, it's not the general public PTS as you have to sign the disclosure so as not to leak info, ergo you won't know about that stuff being tested unless you're one of the few selected & then you can't talk about it.

They are testing with the PTS anyway, whether or not they allow players on it. So no the PTS doesn't matter really when the launch is happening as they're using that to gather feedback but it does NOT mean they actually care what feedback is being given or even implement it this time around. ROFL
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

JediQuaker
08.25.2019 , 10:57 AM | #27
Something else that seems to be ignored. The PTS is the PUBLIC Test Server. There may very well be a Private test server (or 2) where other things are tested. Surely the devs have the ability to at least locally test the things they are working on as they are developed.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

OlBuzzard
08.25.2019 , 02:13 PM | #28
Something else that seems to be ignored. The PTS is the PUBLIC Test Server. There may very well be a Private test server (or 2) where other things are tested. Surely the devs have the ability to at least locally test the things they are working on as they are developed.
That almost goes without saying.
I've been invited to private testing on more than one occasion. For different games … not SWTOR !

Yeah.. go figure ! And YES It was a LOOOONNNNGG time ago !

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

TrixxieTriss
08.25.2019 , 09:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
That almost goes without saying.
I've been invited to private testing on more than one occasion. For different games … not SWTOR !

Yeah.. go figure ! And YES It was a LOOOONNNNGG time ago !

I used to do paid Alpha and Beta testing when that was a thing in the 90’s and early 00’s. This was before online stuff and more bandwidth, so they used to send my CD’s

Tashia
08.26.2019 , 03:20 AM | #30
sounds logical to me -- late ( very late) Sept -- mid early October ...
eh, I am expecting a delay anyway ...
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......