Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is game dead?

IzumiCurtis
08.20.2019 , 10:50 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Is discord used for text communication too, or just voice?
Yes. I only use the text channels in the servers I'm in. (I only end up in voice ones due to misclicks.)
Need a referral? Click the following link! http://www.swtor.com/r/LggkN9

OddballEasyEight
08.21.2019 , 01:32 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
The game has been dead since 2012. That's why we're getting a new expansion next month.

Server forums though have never been that busy and I think discord finished them off.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...

There's an official SWTOR discord???

How do I get in on that?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

ZionHalcyon
08.21.2019 , 03:04 PM | #33
Game isn't dying - just the Bioware business model to account for people jumping in and out of subs.

Zaldalia
08.25.2019 , 08:03 AM | #34
i dont think the game is dead or will ever die unless EA destroys Bioware and even then they probly keep it around for the cartel market but no it not dead yet

Batwer
08.25.2019 , 12:24 PM | #35
I'll just wait and see if there's a 7.0.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

xordevoreaux
08.25.2019 , 01:16 PM | #36
I can't help but believe people who post questions on the forum asking if the game is dead hope it'll die believing somehow, somewhere, a software house will magically raise the $200 million necessary to completely build a new SW game from scratch and of course do it by next week with or without an IP license from Disney. Dream on.

If you want the game to die, leave.
If you want the game to live, subscribe.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TrixxieTriss
08.25.2019 , 09:20 PM | #37
It’s not dead... it’s population challenged

jimmorrisson
08.27.2019 , 10:11 AM | #38
Spending all of your playing time for the past year grinding Ossus for gear combined with 2017's server merge which saw a APAC exodus has taken it's toll.

Particularly depressing is the Ossus World Boss weekly which rewards only ONE masterwork crystal for defeating TWO bosses, one of which "R8-X8" requires players to spend more time running back from a sanctuary point than actually battling the boss. If R8-X8 is defeated before the player returns then that player receives no credit.

Just recruiting a group for the Ossus World Boss is quest upon itself.

Skummy
08.27.2019 , 10:37 AM | #39
Game is dying the 6.0 changes probably wont save it. The new gearing looks horrid once again the hope for com gearing system that we once had , tried and true will never come back. Mmos that still use it FFXIV is beating wow in numbers dont let blizzard lie ffxiv servers are packed. Their gearing system is classic but it works these new dumb systems dont work its a theme park mmo not a sandbox stop adding sandbox gearing into it. Moving further from what this mmo should be is not gonna bring life back into it. Who ever thinks these new changes to rng and amps have either smoked meth or done drugs cause wow.
StarForge/Satele Shan

hillerbees
08.27.2019 , 01:47 PM | #40
The increased communication coming from the Devs since the start of the year is encouraging. I don't believe the game will die as long as EA/Bioware stay involved and believe in / support the game in the way the players are willing to do.
I feel that in recent years THEY thought the game was ka-phut and took their eye off the ball. Now it feels like they are starting to take note that "Hey, that game still has interested players in it - maybe we should give it some attention".

One thing is for sure, if everyone gets pessimistic about it, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy and the game will fail. If we stay upbeat and positive, that feeling becomes contagious and can only be for the good of the game.