Computer Help :)

Furrygorilla

First of all sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place, I couldn't find any specific thread where it belongs.

I recently downloaded SWTOR and a few new games to my PC and found my fps to be horrible, even when on the lowest settings possible. My Desktop also shut down a while ago and I'm going to buy myself a new one very soon. I've got a budget of £1200 and (tried to) make a good pc with specs which will run games smoothly and easily. I was hoping somebody who has more knowledge of PC's could see if this is good for the price. Also I need a knew mouse and keyboard within the budget which is why they're there :).

http://www.chillblast.com/pconf.php?productid=18059

I'm open to any suggestions and changes to the spec which will be worthwhile.

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Edited by Furrygorilla

Here to help bud.

First off, don't get the intel stock cooler. Pay the extra 15 euro and buy the second one down on the list. You're paying a lot of money, and you don't want this to overheat. It's really worth it.

After researching the graphics card you should be fine there, and 8GB of RAM is more than enough for TOR. My only other comment is about your primary SSD.

You're going to want to put your Windows OS on your primary SSD, was only 30GB. Windows 7 typically installs for no more than 15GB, if not a little less. That means half your drive will be your operating system.

I have a very reliable and fast (150GB) hard drive that I also use for OS and for my programs. (Not for Data Files.) Putting SWTOR on your primary SSD will make it run a lot faster than on the secondary Terabyte hard drive. I'm skeptical on how good of a drive it is, as it only lists it's speed and not it's manufacturer. You may want to consider the extra 50 euro and grab the 60GB SSD so you can put SWTOR on their as well. However, first go double check how much memory Windows 7 takes fully installed, and then how much SWTOR takes fully installed. Make sure you have a few Gigs to spare. Then get your primary.

I know this is long, but I hope it helps!

-

Raycen

Haha it wasn't too long DarthRaycen, thank you so much for the reply and the effort you put into it. I will definitely upgrade the cooler as you said. Also, would it be smarter to get the second Primary and Secondary Hard Drive options on the lists or just the larger memory on the Primary SSD?