Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people leave warzone matches?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do people leave warzone matches?

Floplag
09.16.2019 , 09:03 AM | #11
This is something i NEVER used to do, but now, i do a lot.
As to the why, well, here are my reasons...

#1. I dont play queshball or vandenball, ever, the desync of the levels is maddening, people scoring from the bottom level and im shooting at people behind me or above me.

#2. I will only play arenas IF the match is balanced roles wise. If one team has a healer and the other does not, its basically pre-determined.

#3. In all other scenarios, i have chosen to no longer be fodder for trinity premade only players. I dont enjoy wizzing in the wind why would i do this.

All i want is something close to a fair fight. I would rather skip and wait to get hat than play a bunch of matches with the deck stacked against me.

I general wont leave after the match has started in a n effort to not screw over the rest of the team, but i cant say i wont do it if i find out im up against a double premade that wasnt obvious in advance.

Give me a fair fight ill always say GG win or lose and move on to the next, but im not going to stay in a match and get my teeth kicked in for people that dont respect the effort.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Lhancelot
09.16.2019 , 10:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCamTheGreat View Post
Seems like there's no reason at all to leave a match if it's close to halfway done. Still see people leaving less than a minute before the game ends if they're gonna lose which makes no sense at all to me.
Everyone has a different threshold of annoyance. Some people can't force themselves to stay their rage overflows and they leave it doesn't matter if there's 5 minutes left or 25 secs left.

Also, sometimes people do get kicked by the internet.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Banderal
09.16.2019 , 10:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Also, sometimes people do get kicked by the internet.
I've had that happen. SUPER annoying, especially when about to win.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

AlrikFassbauer
09.16.2019 , 11:13 AM | #14
The few times i really left ( normally, i try to stick through it until the bitter end ) was when my own team was so much overwhelmed it was like ... a jellyfish trying to win against a shark.

My personal record of that was 50 : 1000 in GSF. That was over really quick, though.
I could swear I had made a screenshot of that, but apparingly the screenshot function was buggy then once again. So I can't prove it.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

mrdert
09.16.2019 , 11:31 AM | #15
As of late, the only time Iíll leave a match is when I observe other players blatantly disregarding objectives in favor of attempting to number farm. Iíve always liked Hutt ball very much (still donít understand how after 8 years we donít have a ranked Hutt ball league) and attempt to play the maps objectively as possible. Noting grinds my gears more than grabbing the ball and running, unsupported, to the enemyís end zone and getting slaughtered because my team mates are too busy tunneling in our end zone pit.
I used Hutt ball as the example, but the same is true in all the objective based war zones. Canít say how many times a node has been lost on Alderran or Yavin4 because of overcommitting or fighting 40 meters away from the node.
The thing that irks me the most about trying to death match in regs is the fact there are ranked arenas specifically made for solo/ team death matching, but people are scared to have their ego bruised if they donít do well.

If my teammates are under geared, or just not very skilled but still trying to play objectively, Iíll stick around for my 8 medals and not put up too much of a fuss.
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

Lhancelot
09.16.2019 , 12:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
As of late, the only time Iíll leave a match is when I observe other players blatantly disregarding objectives in favor of attempting to number farm. Iíve always liked Hutt ball very much (still donít understand how after 8 years we donít have a ranked Hutt ball league) and attempt to play the maps objectively as possible. Noting grinds my gears more than grabbing the ball and running, unsupported, to the enemyís end zone and getting slaughtered because my team mates are too busy tunneling in our end zone pit.
I used Hutt ball as the example, but the same is true in all the objective based war zones. Canít say how many times a node has been lost on Alderran or Yavin4 because of overcommitting or fighting 40 meters away from the node.
The thing that irks me the most about trying to death match in regs is the fact there are ranked arenas specifically made for solo/ team death matching, but people are scared to have their ego bruised if they donít do well.

If my teammates are under geared, or just not very skilled but still trying to play objectively, Iíll stick around for my 8 medals and not put up too much of a fuss.
As a healer I will run the ball in huttball, or I will support the ball carriers but what I am finding in the past 2 weeks is it's me, and one other person if lucky that are actually playing the ball. Everyone else is at mid, number farming. The best part is 90% of them put up trash numbers.

QueshBallz is the worst, I mean this map seems to only be good for one thing in most people's minds and that's sitting on the mid level floor fighting each other till it ends.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Monterone
09.17.2019 , 12:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post

That's exactly why I leave too. It just seems to me that I do it far, far more than I did before I left and came back. The state of PvP and the overall quality of play went way down. Most players seem self-absorbed and teamwork is a lost art. I want to win, but often, over half the team already gave up before the force field even comes down -- they already forfeited and decided to chase numbers instead. At that point nothing obligates me to keep donating my time to that team.

The thing that people don't realize is there are no emotions in this decision. I'm not angry at these people and quitting because they are bad. They are entitled to play any way they wish to and I can always re-queue and continue working on my second monitor on whatever I was working on before the pop. It's just logical not to waste time.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Stellarcrusade
09.20.2019 , 02:20 PM | #18
I agree, most people leave since we have no feature to allow us to exclude certain maps. The logic behind the unwillingness to add this feature is boggling. Oh, we cannot add that feature or people would have less pops. Uhm, people simply leave the matches when they get a map they dislike anyhow, and then a backfill has to happen which is worse.

I'll leave any hutball map. My fav is OPG, unless the other side has a sniper since they can _legally_ cheat to cancel the node (effectively unstoppable), if I see an enemy sniper on that map I leave. Another dumb choice by devs allowing that.

Aside from those, no reason really to leave a match.