Why are BW lying in the patch notes?

Abruptum

The most recent patch notes mention bug fixes like speeder emotes and textures not being the right quality...yet both those bugs still remain as if there was never a patch. How is it okay to say you fixed the bug when you haven't even touched it?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most recent patch notes mention bug fixes like speeder emotes and textures not being the right quality...yet both those bugs still remain as if there was never a patch. How is it okay to say you fixed the bug when you haven't even touched it?

Plenty of posts about this. Dunno bout speeder, but for the graphics thing you and most people misunderstood what was actually being fixed. They never said - for ex - hi res textures where coming. And no...absolutely no fan boy...I'm angry bout other stuff.

It's not speeder emotes, it's TAXI emotes!

As for textures, they didn't promise that, they said: Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

It does not mean they added the High Res textures, it means...any number of things, if you want to spin it.

That is what I have gleaned from the apologist brigade this morning, and I pass it on to you.

why does everyone feel the need to call others a fanboy or hater to justify an argument? it just makes yourself look silly and immature.

Anyone that enjoys SWTOR is a fanboy.

Anyone that hates SWTOR yet is still posting on the forums is a....What's the word? Help me out here...

Plenty of posts about this. Dunno bout speeder, but for the graphics thing you and most people misunderstood what was actually being fixed. They never said - for ex - hi res textures where coming. And no...absolutely no fan boy...I'm angry bout other stuff.

No, you misunderstood. The patch note clearly refers to the problem where the option for High Textures does nothing and they stay at Medium quality. It was broken before the patch, and it still is broken.

Anyone that enjoys SWTOR is a fanboy.

Anyone that hates SWTOR yet is still posting on the forums is a....What's the word? Help me out here...

I enjoy SWTOR, doesn't mean I'm not irritated that bugs aren't being patched when they've said they have.

They DIDN'T lie

The problem you are having is simply not the one they fixed

Nope, my problem is the one mentioned in the patch notes.

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Lo and behold, my settings are not consistent with the actual graphics I'm seeing. Setting textures to High in my settings leaves them displaying as Medium, just as they did pre-patch.

Fact is they didn't fix anything that really matters. They need to get on top of the major issues and for 8hr downtime this patch is pretty lame for a new MMO. Usually you have a page or two of fixes not a new small minor repairs.

This is the kind of patching I'd expect from a 1hr downtime.

It's not speeder emotes, it's TAXI emotes!

As for textures, they didn't promise that, they said: Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

It does not mean they added the High Res textures, it means...any number of things, if you want to spin it.

That is what I have gleaned from the apologist brigade this morning, and I pass it on to you.

'Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.'

you click high, click accept, they stay at medium.

emotes can now be used from vehicles

type /wave, press enter. does your avatar wave or do you just get text that says you waved?

people are reporting kira is still bugged and the shadows indoors frame drop still happens, the patch notes seem to be largely cleverly worded BS.

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Lo and behold, my settings are not consistent with the actual graphics I'm seeing. Setting textures to High in my settings leaves them displaying as Medium, just as they did pre-patch.

They're referring to the text in the .ini file. When I was trying, and failing, to get SWTOR to run even tolerably on the Babbage engine my wife calls her laptop, I noticed that what I set the graphics to, and what I saw in the .ini file, were inconsistent.

This isn't complex. The word "textures" appears nowhere in the sentence you quoted; why did you assume that's what it referred to?

'Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.'

you click high, click accept, they stay at medium.

emotes can now be used from vehicles

type /wave, press enter. does your avatar wave or do you just get text that says you waved?

people are reporting kira is still bugged and the shadows indoors frame drop still happens, the patch notes seem to be largely cleverly worded BS.

I agree with you, for the record.

It's just what was presented when someone like yourself raised those very points.

My shadows seem to have gotten worse, even.

Shockingly that doesn't say anything about hi-res textures.

Because they are the Sith, and the Sith, like they lie a lot! Damned liars!

You have your elementary school terminology wrong here. Lying is classified as the intentional will to not tell the truth. They're not "lying" they're having issues with it.