Walker piloting is stupid and terrible. Stop making me do it.

LordNythrax

Just hit the first chapter of KOTET for the first time. Holy crap is this lame. Yeah let me put aside my agile powerful Sith Lord in order to slowly trudge along in an awkward lumbering walker getting pew-pew'd by a million tiny crappy mobs, half of which I have to slowly walk up to and step on because they have shields.

Oh but it's so iconic. Yeah when I was a kid I totally dreamed about piloting one of those awkward chicken-walkers from Return of the Jedi. You know, the ones that got humiliated and repeatedly destroyed by teddy bears.

Way to drag the entire scene to a screeching halt.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hit the first chapter of KOTET for the first time. Holy crap is this lame. Yeah let me put aside my agile powerful Sith Lord in order to slowly trudge along in an awkward lumbering walker getting pew-pew'd by a million tiny crappy mobs, half of which I have to slowly walk up to and step on because they have shields.

Oh but it's so iconic. Yeah when I was a kid I totally dreamed about piloting one of those awkward chicken-walkers from Return of the Jedi. You know, the ones that got humiliated and repeatedly destroyed by teddy bears.

In the time it took you to type that post you could have finished that quest and never have to go back to it again.

When I was a kid, I always dreamed about being a mouse droid so I could look up everyone's robes.

Bad news OP - it gets worse, there is another chapter with even worse walker piloting.

I HATE walker piloting in this game. It's horrible and the ability lag made it even more awful. If it were some sort of side addition then cool, whatever, each to their own but when it becomes a necessary feature on getting past Vet/Master chapters - erk HATE it.

Maybe if the ability lag weren't so horrible I wouldn't have as much issue and it's possible it's related to my 160 ping ( nothing I can do about that ) but I don't get this issue in clearing all the other content with my usual toons in game.

It was okay at first, but I also got bored of it after awhile. It felt slower and limited, less epic than playing on my character. It didn't annoy me though, just my eyes glazed over and I zoned out while killing things in it. If they do add walker parts in future chapters, I hope it's only once or for a very short time. I do like that they tried something new though. Edited by Radzkie

I still have yet to touch the new chapters. and i honestly dont give **** about them. but BW metrics seem to tell them people want solo content in a MMO which atm is nothing more then solo player game seeing everything endgame is 3+ years old even the uprising seeing most them copy and paste from old FP and OPS...

The walkers were kind of meh... I considered piloting a walker an interesting change of pace in chapter 1 but annoying and unnecessary in chapter 8.

Piloting the Zord in chapter 5, after the ridiculously long lag spike that made me think my game had crashed was out of the way, was great fun... as a novelty scene. If I could avoid said ridiculous lag, I'd love to take another stomp at that.

I hate all the vehicle sections in KotET. The main reason being is it hates my custom UI. For my UI I have the Main Hotbar disabled, because I don't like the way the buttons on the side make my UI look awful. So whenever I get in a vehicle I have to load up a Default UI and then relog because the abilities don't load up. So yeah for me I dread them because having to change my UI and relogging.

I agree.

I lost all interest in vehicle mounts when wow did it. I hated the idea of losing what my character can do all so some game company can control the speed at which you do soemthing.

swtor didn't do it any better and to be honest, did it worse. The walker was a terrible bit of content I would be happy to never do again. Add that to the mouse droid as well. There was nothing interesting about that particular content as my sage at this point should be much more powerful. Just push that thing over and take out the pitiful adds.

I flat out despise that mouse droid mission, it's the reason I have so many characters who've I've stopped playing at THAT point. :mad: it's almost as bad as that stupid "save the gravestone by destroying these reactors that can only be reached if you have an aoe attack" mission.

My healer smuggler didn't have an AOE but I did fine in that mission once I figured out what I needed to do.

I'm all for more variety in gameplay, so the first time I said "OK this is different, a little clunky but tha was a nice diversion."

Mouse droid: "Meh, done this in other games, just get thru it."

Iokath: "OK neat, I'm the Iron Giant this time around, still a little clunky tho... enough of this."

Odessen: "Oh come on, not this $#!t again"

Yea don't do that again BW.

I dislike anything that does not let me play my character.

Went through KOTET with a friend. If i do it...it will be holding my nose through chapter 1 so I can get the companion in 2...at which point I will exit and keep the companion as permanent.

The Iokath dailies seems to be filled with such things from listening to the live stream. Since I wont go through KOTET I doubt Iokath dailies will open for me, but...if they feature this sort of stuff I don't want to do them anyway.

Actually the walker concept is nice. What ruins everything is it walks moves as fast as a 120 year old turtle and is not that much powerful and slow to recharge.

In shot it's as slow as an AT-AT without the power but well it's the OLD Republic so it could makes sense. Just not fun.